Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

The truth in all of this is that any man wanting to compete in a women's sport is mentally unwell. But you're not allowed to say that because mental health and feelings.
This issue isn't going away and Men who want to play in women's sports need to get ready for a scrutiny that will rightly come their way.

J70

Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 12:59:00 PM
The truth in all of this is that any man wanting to compete in a women's sport is mentally unwell. But you're not allowed to say that because mental health and feelings.
This issue isn't going away and Men who want to play in women's sports need to get ready for a scrutiny that will rightly come their way.

That's the "truth", is it?

Homosexuality was medically a mental illness until the 70s and remained criminalized in Ireland for another 15 years after that.

I'm sure there were plenty crying about woke agendas and the collapse of civilization then too.

burdizzo

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 01:08:39 PM

Homosexuality was medically a mental illness until the 70s and remained criminalized in Ireland for another 15 years after that.

I'm sure there were plenty crying about woke agendas and the collapse of civilization then too.

And were they wrong?!!

J70

Quote from: burdizzo on February 22, 2023, 01:12:08 PM

And were they wrong?!!

By any decent, moral and rational standard, yes, they were.

But sure knock yourself out and defend homophobic bigotry if you want.

burdizzo

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 01:22:04 PM

And were they wrong?!!

I'm not anti-gay at all, but I think normalising what is clearly 'fringe' only leads to more and more - and more and more crazy - 'fringe' 'interests' also being normalised. Where does it stop? As for the collapse of civilisation; well it's a slow process, and many more factors are involved other than homosexuality, but the western civilisation is most certainly on the wane.

trailer

I am making one very small specific point about Men wanting to compete in Women's sport. You have lost the run of yourself talking about Homosexuality, woke agendas and the collapse of civilisation. This is exactly the problem with this debate. My point is very specific.

Armagh18

Quote from: burdizzo on February 22, 2023, 01:51:05 PM

And were they wrong?!!

I'm not anti-gay at all, but I think normalising what is clearly 'fringe' only leads to more and more - and more and more crazy - 'fringe' 'interests' also being normalised. Where does it stop? As for the collapse of civilisation; well it's a slow process, and many more factors are involved other than homosexuality, but the western civilisation is most certainly on the wane.
Sexualisation of children/paedophilia will be next. Look at that Balenciaga shit

Baile an tuaigh

One thing is for sure and both Christians and gay people can both agree on, is that an anus is not a vagina.

J70

Quote from: trailer on February 22, 2023, 02:01:23 PM

I am making one very small specific point about Men wanting to compete in Women's sport. You have lost the run of yourself talking about Homosexuality, woke agendas and the collapse of civilisation. This is exactly the problem with this debate. My point is very specific.

But it's not about ordinary "men" wanting to compete in women's sport, is it?

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 02:37:12 PM

Cut the balls off a dog it doesnt make him a bitch.

J70

And were they wrong?!!

I'm hesitant to bring up what's normal and fringe after a bad faith (on their part) exchange with a moron with the moniker "no wides" a few years back, but it's warranted.

Lots of things are "fringe". The human race is full of variety. Simple left handedness is a relatively fringe trait (10% is the usual stat). Was once looked upon with serious superstitious suspicion (the word for left in some languages shares roots with the word sinister for example). My own aunt was forced, with the threat of violence, to learn to write with her right hand by west of Ireland nuns charged with her education.

There are all kinds of things, not just homosexuality, with where condemned and repressed for much of history just based on their supposed abnormality and immorality.

Things change as society becomes more enlightened and open and less irrationally prejudiced. If the prejudice and bigotry was justified, then the traditionalists and bigots wouldn't be losing the debate on these issues over and over again across decades.

And I don't see how western civilization can be said to be on the wane because it is becoming more open and diverse and tolerant.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 02:51:47 PM

And were they wrong?!!

I'm hesitant to bring up what's normal and fringe after a bad faith (on their part) exchange with a moron with the moniker "no wides" a few years back, but it's warranted.

Lots of things are "fringe". The human race is full of variety. Simple left handedness is a relatively fringe trait (10% is the usual stat). Was once looked upon with serious superstitious suspicion (the word for left in some languages shares roots with the word sinister for example). My own aunt was forced, with the threat of violence, to learn to write with her right hand by west of Ireland nuns charged with her education.

There are all kinds of things, not just homosexuality, with where condemned and repressed for much of history just based on their supposed abnormality and immorality.

Things change as society becomes more enlightened and open and less irrationally prejudiced. If the prejudice and bigotry was justified, then the traditionalists and bigots wouldn't be losing the debate on these issues over and over again across decades.

And I don't see how western civilization can be said to be on the wane because it is becoming more open and diverse and tolerant.
I think we have to think carefully before extending tolerance to the trans project. Why do they have to walk all over female spaces?
If they really were persecuted wouldn't their own spaces do? Women find the presence of men in female changing rooms really uncomfortable.

Gay rights were achieved without any of this provocation.

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 22, 2023, 02:50:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 02:37:12 PM

Cut the balls off a dog it doesnt make him a bitch.

Is anyone saying physical castration is the beginning and end of the matter?

Are you boys bothered by transmen BTW?

All your bile seems to be directed at transwomen, their ball sacks and whether they will do a Jonah Lomu impression on the female sports field.

J70

Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2023, 02:59:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2023, 02:51:47 PM

And were they wrong?!!

I think we have to think carefully before extending tolerance to the trans project. Why do they have to walk all over female spaces?
If they really were persecuted wouldn't their own spaces do? Women find the presence of men in female changing rooms really uncomfortable.

Gay rights were achieved without any of this provocation.

Gay rights were extremely controversial. You don't have to go back too many years on this very site to see heated protests from some on how the extension of legal marriage to gay people would supposedly destroy traditional heterosexual marriage! And that's after the decades it took to first normalize and mainstream homosexuality itself.

But I agree that this needs serious debate, preferably absent the emotion and fear mongering. I've already said a few times I don't have answers.

tonto1888

And were they wrong?!!

When someone says 'I'm not xxxxxx but' anything they say before the but can be discounted