The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 01, 2021, 05:26:24 PM
Ive heard crazier shouts than Benitez tho. He did take Chelsea back in the day after all..

Bump.
Disappointed but hey ho

GJL

Quote from: J70 on June 01, 2021, 05:22:49 PM
Gerrard won't take it.

He wants Liverpool when Klopp leaves in three years.

Why jeopardize that?

PLEASE make it happen. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

laoislad

Oh look, EC Unique is back, he went missing there after the Europa League Final...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 16, 2021, 07:43:47 PM
Ive heard crazier shouts than Benitez tho. He did take Chelsea back in the day after all..

Bump.
Disappointed but hey ho
I couldn't care less to be honest. Plenty of bitter Everton fans might find it hard to come to terms with though.

SHEEDY

Quote from: laoislad on June 16, 2021, 08:33:32 PM

Bump.
Disappointed but hey ho
I couldn't care less to be honest. Plenty of bitter Everton fans might find it hard to come to terms with though.
don't want him near the place, not because of Liverpool connections, more to do with the fact I think he's finished as a top manager.
nil satis nisi optimum

J70

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 17, 2021, 09:30:33 AM
Quote from: laoislad on June 16, 2021, 08:33:32 PM

Bump.
Disappointed but hey ho
don't want him near the place, not because of Liverpool connections, more to do with the fact I think he's finished as a top manager.

You HAD a top manager, and he up and left the first chance he got when a top tier club came calling.

I would fancy Rafa to at least get Everton pushing for Europa spots consistently. If you can get that, and get the stadium built in time, you might be in a position to attract someone with a bit more potential.

rodney trotter

Ancelotti was a top manager but was very underwhelming for Everton. When he was at Bayern the players complained that he was too lax and they done extra training on their own . https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/bayern-munich-secret-training-sessions-carlo-ancelotti-arjen-robben-franck-ribery-a7980666.html

I think a bit like Benitez ,his days best days were behind him and it was a surprise Madrid asked him to return. Benitez will probaly get some consistency but he plays very boring football. Newcastle have looked better under Steve Bruce

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 17, 2021, 04:56:16 PM
Ancelotti was a top manager but was very underwhelming for Everton. When he was at Bayern the players complained that he was too lax and they done extra training on their own . https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/bayern-munich-secret-training-sessions-carlo-ancelotti-arjen-robben-franck-ribery-a7980666.html

I think a bit like Benitez ,his days best days were behind him and it was a surprise Madrid asked him to return. Benitez will probaly get some consistency but he plays very boring football. Newcastle have looked better under Steve Bruce

Think a fair few newcastle fans would disagree with your last line...

rodney trotter

When Newcastle had their best players fit for the last few months of the season, they looked much better,Saint- Mamimin, Calum Wilson.
They missed a good chunk of the season. I don't know what Newcastle fans were expecting as they have a lot of limited players.

Boycey

Looking from a distance Newcastle fans do seem to have an incredibly romantic view of their time under Rafa. In sharp contrast to their view of Bruce who always seems to be a couple of bad results away from fan mutiny.. Bruce despite being a Geordie himself is seen as 'Ashleys man' I think....

imtommygunn

Did he not manage Sunderland too? I think that would stick in the throat of some geordies. Quite relevant to the topic at hand too...

laoislad

laoislad

So Rafa is the man, his first signing will be Gareth Barry I hear.