Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Lot of interest in attending this game. Got a message to say that the county has over subscribed by 15%

trailer

Onthe40

seems the pods of 5 are now pods of 4..anyone looking 5 got 4..

LeoMc

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 27, 2021, 12:25:40 PM
seems the pods of 5 are now pods of 4..anyone looking 5 got 4..
A.Pick your least favourite child to leave behind?
B. Tell the wife she is driving home and watch match in a pub near Croke park.

armaghniac

Quote from: LeoMc on July 27, 2021, 01:42:01 PM
B. Tell the wife she is driving home and watch match in a pub near Croke park.

It doesn't make sense to send the person who is going to be driving to the pub, as the bars aren't open in Croke Park she's be safer there. You could send her down to Henry St to buy the back to school kit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

kickitin

read that when Dooher was asked about fitness of canavan & mcshane that he mentioned johnny munroe is back from injury and it's a big boost, will he get some game time this weekend? feel like him or tee are going to start with the other being an impact sub. either way, mickey o'neills run in the team is done and by god am i glad, offered the bare minimal vs donegal and looked like a lost sheep at times

Under Lights

Quote from: kickitin on July 28, 2021, 11:18:25 AM
read that when Dooher was asked about fitness of canavan & mcshane that he mentioned johnny munroe is back from injury and it's a big boost, will he get some game time this weekend? feel like him or tee are going to start with the other being an impact sub. either way, mickey o'neills run in the team is done and by god am i glad, offered the bare minimal vs donegal and looked like a lost sheep at times

Jesus people are harsh on players.
Michael O'Neill probably posted a few 6/10 performances over the last few games and if others chomping at the bit to get in his place is probably up for grabs but by no means a lost sheep or not warrant of a place on the panel / field

trueblue1234

Quote from: Under Lights on July 28, 2021, 11:39:10 AM

Michael O'Neill probably posted a few 6/10 performances over the last few games and if others chomping at the bit to get in his place is probably up for grabs but by no means a lost sheep or not warrant of a place on the panel / field

It's become a bit of a trait on here with some posters who really want to drive nails into some of the players. You have posts from the likes of trailer who seem to take pleasure in running down players. Some of it is childish nasty stuff.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bigpackiechestout

It's always the way, players get better and better in the eyes of the general public with every game they don't play. Michael O'Neill did a solid defensive job the last day and I'd be surprised if he doesn't start on Saturday.

At the start of the year I was hopeful that Johnny Munroe would make an impact but due to injury he hasn't made a single match panel through the league and championship so far, it seems very unlikely he'll be thrown in for an Ulster final.

viperhiggins

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on July 28, 2021, 11:46:55 AM

It's always the way, players get better and better in the eyes of the general public with every game they don't play. Michael O'Neill did a solid defensive job the last day and I'd be surprised if he doesn't start on Saturday.

At the start of the year I was hopeful that Johnny Munroe would make an impact but due to injury he hasn't made a single match panel through the league and championship so far, it seems very unlikely he'll be thrown in for an Ulster final.

Michael O'Neill has been the weakest link in the tyrone team throughout the past couple of years. What Harte saw and what logan&dooher sees in him I will never know. Good club player but by god the man is miles off county level. His positioning is awful and if you went to any of the games you will hear Morgan or Hampsey constantly shouting at him to set up properly. He is a physical specimen but his football IQ is seriously lacking. He doesn't possess any of the traits a good 6 should such as composure, leadership and as previously mentioned a good footballing IQ. Hampsey should be moved back into 6 he has it in his locker and has performed spectacularly at this position before.

Dire Ear

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: viperhiggins on July 28, 2021, 11:57:45 AM

Michael O'Neill has been the weakest link in the tyrone team throughout the past couple of years. What Harte saw and what logan&dooher sees in him I will never know. Good club player but by god the man is miles off county level. His positioning is awful and if you went to any of the games you will hear Morgan or Hampsey constantly shouting at him to set up properly. He is a physical specimen but his football IQ is seriously lacking. He doesn't possess any of the traits a good 6 should such as composure, leadership and as previously mentioned a good footballing IQ. Hampsey should be moved back into 6 he has it in his locker and has performed spectacularly at this position before.

Logan and dooher see him every night in training so I'll trust they are a better judge than you of his ability and contribution in comparison to any alternatives. He's actually been given a man marking job this past couple of games so hasn't been asked to play a traditional 6 role.

scout

Any recommendations of bars to to watch the game in Dublin on Saturday. Will be down in Dublin this weekend, only have 1 vaccine, so will need somewhere with outdoor screens etc..

Thanks

kickitin

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on July 28, 2021, 12:12:13 PM

Logan and dooher see him every night in training so I'll trust they are a better judge than you of his ability and contribution in comparison to any alternatives. He's actually been given a man marking job this past couple of games so hasn't been asked to play a traditional 6 role.

He was given a man marking job???? on who???????? that is absolutely laughable, i think there was 3 plays in a row where i turned to my father & said "watch o'neill here" i think he ended up marking 5 different people in one play, he never went to put pressure on, he actually ran past the ball a few times just to be seen standing beside a man. anyone in this thread who believes Michael O'Neill is at the standard of a centre half back for a team wanting to win Ulster is very delusional and needs to think to themselves are they being too nice in support of a player because he's getting a bit of criticism, very good club player, not county standard

viperhiggins

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on July 28, 2021, 12:12:13 PM

What a childish statement by that logic nobody's opinion is valid unless you are at every training sesion. :o

Man marking job? What game were you watching? Who was he man marking? ;D ;D ;D