Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Leeds get loads of praise for their open football and attacking play but seen none of that from them today. Clear from early on they were playing for 0-0 with the hope of nicking a goal from the counter attack.

As for Man United, were probably only going to score from a set piece and were dreadful from set pieces today. On the plus side just 4 points required from the final 5 games to secure a top 4 finish for a 2nd season in a row.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2021, 04:02:50 PM
Decent use of the bus today, Leeds happy enough with the draw. My mad Leeds supporter friend was giving me loads on WhatsApp!
Why would he do that?
Sure you don't support United.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 25, 2021, 07:26:42 PM
Decent use of the bus today, Leeds happy enough with the draw. My mad Leeds supporter friend was giving me loads on WhatsApp!
Why would he do that?

He's a bitta of a dick, like you, gets carried away with things.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2021, 07:47:23 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 25, 2021, 07:26:42 PM
Why would he do that?

He's a bitta of a dick, like you, gets carried away with things.
Too easy

Cunny Funt

Eventful 1st leg in Old Trafford tonight. Bit of a daft 1st half United the better team but Roma led 2-1 from two attempts on goal. One way traffic 2nd half could have won by more than 6-2.  Pogba, Cavani, Bruno the stand outs that Roma simply couldn't handle.

Armagh18

When did United last score 5 goals in a game pre this season? Scored 5 multiple times this year, 6 vs Leeds, 9 against Southampton and 6 again here. Pogba and Bruno as good as anyone in the world when in full swing.

An Watcher

That was as poor a performance as I have seen from a utd team. Six goals masks serious problems. Roma are 7th in Serie A and looked very poor. But hey they're in the final!!

Armagh18

Quote from: An Watcher on April 29, 2021, 10:36:59 PM
That was as poor a performance as I have seen from a utd team. Six goals masks serious problems. Roma are 7th in Serie A and looked very poor. But hey they're in the final!!
Would love to play that poor every week...

snoopdog

Poor 1st half. 2nd half utd were excellent. Couldve scored at least another 3. 1st team to ever score 6 in a european semi final. Poor alright ;D

Cunny Funt

Ah now 

Roma gave up on the Serie A weeks ago (a lot of injuries didn't help) when they had a full hand and still fighting for 4th they were able to get results against the better teams in Italy (AC Milan, Inter, Juve) and they knocked out a decent Ajax in the last round of the Europa league.

An Watcher

OK fair enough but ole is the guy who is going to win league titles and challenge for champions leagues. Ole has done well to get them where they're at but can't see how he can take them to the next level. Too many slack performances

Rich Ricci

Only saw highlights of the game but Pogba, Fernandes and Cavani were all involved in some brilliant passages of play. I'd say Utd will be doing whatever they can to get Cavani to stay another season because it's unlikely they are going to get a Haaland or a Kane. His finish for his 1st goal and his pass for Greenwood's were both of the highest quality.

Not sure where Roma got their sub keeper from mind you.  ;D

Maroon Manc

Kane or Haaland won't be coming to United so its imperative we keep Cavani, he's far too good to be heading back to South America. He was superb last night, probably his best performance since he joined.

An Watcher

He is a top player although pity utd didn't get him a few years back. When I think back to the Uruguay strike force of cavani and suarez both in their prime, there weren't many better pertnerships in world football.
Pogba seems to be coming on rightly but is he contract up at the end of next year?  He'll be outstanding next year but the minute the contract is signed wherever that is, it'll be tools down.

Rich Ricci

Yeah I know Kane or Haaland won't be happening. I meant more along the lines that they'll need a high quality striker to replace him. Not really sure who that would be. Andre Silva from Frankfurt and Andrea Belotti from Torino are 2 of the names being touted but not really sure how genuine any of that speculation is. Ideal scenario would be to get another year out of Cavani and hope Greenwood develops into a genuine premiership striker.