China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

A boy I work with thinks the whole covid thing is a pile of shite and doesn't believe in vaccines. He said his boiler repair man agreed with him ;D I do wonder what you say to someone who you don't agree with but is paying your wages really when they say something you blatantly think is absolute horeshit lol. (then again maybe he did agree).

MR tbf I don't think they are big budget posters ;D

Blowitupref

Quote from: sid waddell on June 11, 2021, 08:49:05 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 10, 2021, 10:08:24 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 10, 2021, 09:46:59 PM
So you want everything to open simultaneously, yes?
No, what i want is an easing of restrictions to make sense. If we can have situation that allows 200 people attend indoors then 400 to 500 should be allowed to attend outdoors.
The only way easing of restrictions can make "logical sense" is if they're all done simultaneously

Because when they are not done simultaneously, certain people will always lose out and it will seem arbitrary and unfair whichever way you do it

There's no way around this

This is happening because there's a far bigger "logical sense" at play here and that is that opening everything at once would be crazy

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Opening things simultaneously was never on while having a bit more logic towards what was or is eased was very possible.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

BoJo putting back freedom day to 19th July. That's him fecked now.

armaghniac

It is a bit like Ireland at Christmas, the opening plan was reasonable enough but a new variant kiboshed it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 12, 2021, 04:22:46 PM
BoJo putting back freedom day to 19th July. That's him fecked now.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/face-third-wave-covid-19-die-may-already-have-cast/
The raw data does not look good. Cases of the delta variant have been growing exponentially from a low base since early May, and for the past seven days have averaged about 5,000 new cases a day.

It now appears to have settled at or about R1.5 with a doubling time of nine days. If you start from 5,000 and double three times you get to 40,000 cases a day by early July. If you double that again you get to 80,000 cases nine days later – a number that bursts through the January peak.

There is uncertainty around the magnitude of the change in vaccine effectiveness after two doses of Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine," said its latest report.

The same report revealed that of the 42 people known to have died so far with the delta variant in the UK, 29 per cent (12 people) were fully vaccinated. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2021, 11:49:30 AM
The same report revealed that of the 42 people known to have died so far with the delta variant in the UK, 29 per cent (12 people) were fully vaccinated.

Was only a matter of time the way they continually f**ked about with border controls.

A handful of people forcefully quarantined for 2 weeks on arrival will look mighty cheap if this all explodes again.
i usse an speelchekor

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update

Cases 2370 (475 fewer cases than last week and the lowest weekly case number since December)
In hospital 62 (8 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 22 ( 5 fewer than last Sunday)

thewobbler

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57467051

I find it hard not get dismayed when a public broadcaster feels I'm the need to describe hay fever as Covid.

As has been the case from March 2020, propaganda and news have been remarkably easy bedfellows.

trueblue1234

Quote from: thewobbler on June 15, 2021, 01:43:04 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57467051

I find it hard not get dismayed when a public broadcaster feels I'm the need to describe hay fever as Covid.

As has been the case from March 2020, propaganda and news have been remarkably easy bedfellows.
What's the issue here?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

thewobbler

It's peak hay fever season. Those are hay fever symptoms.

That article is telling me that Covid, which behaves similarly to pneumonia and flu in the winter time, is now hiding in plain sight as hay fever in the summertime.

It doesn't.

It's just hay fever.

trueblue1234

Quote from: thewobbler on June 15, 2021, 01:50:10 PM
It's peak hay fever season. Those are hay fever symptoms.

That article is telling me that Covid, which behaves similarly to pneumonia and flu in the winter time, is now hiding in plain sight as hay fever in the summertime.

It doesn't.

It's just hay fever.
This is symptoms from confirmed COVID cases.

You do realise a symptom for one illness doesn't exclude it from being a symptom for another illness. If they just have hay fever, they won't test positive for COVID. You do understand that?

thewobbler

In this context I understand plenty.

The reason why there's been an increase in recent months of Covid sufferers with symptoms of sore throats and runny noses, can be deduced just as quickly as the reason why roughly 90% of all crimes are committed by right handed people.

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on June 15, 2021, 02:12:53 PM

The reason why there's been an increase in recent months of Covid sufferers with symptoms of sore throats and runny noses, can be deduced just as quickly as the reason why roughly 90% of all crimes are committed by right handed people.

f**king hell thewobbler, I think you should contact these researchers and let them know that you've sorted this out.

Its obviously never occurred to these amateurs that seasonal allergies are a problem for people in spring and early summer.

trueblue1234

Your making a big assumption that it's hayfever giving the symptoms not COVID. You've no way of knowing that. But that's beside the point to be honest. The reality is that it's just reporting the symptoms that people tested positive with COVID have declared. Hardly something to get dismayed about.

thewobbler

Quote from: J70 on June 15, 2021, 02:27:59 PM

f**king hell thewobbler, I think you should contact these researchers and let them know that you've sorted this out.

Its obviously never occurred to these amateurs that seasonal allergies are a problem for people in spring and early summer.

Of course they're aware of it.

But do you know something J70? The fact that neither the article nor the quotes mentions hay fever suggests they do not wish to entertain or acknowledge the obvious.

Staying relevant is vital for one of these organisation's oxygen. I'd have sincerely hoped that the other organisation would only give them that oxygen when needed. It's not a big ask.