O'Neills website

Started by Aristo 60, June 18, 2015, 10:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

Don't know if this has been mentioned before on here.

I saw a Down jacket on the O'Neills website for £35 and said to the woman it would be a nice gift to get for the birthday. I was surprised at the quality of it for the price when it arrived and when I queried it she said it was €60.

Turns out now that when she goes to the o'neills website the prices are in Euro but when I go they are in sterling (and for the jacket you'd have to say better value).

Something to do with computer server location I suppose (both of us sit in Belfast) but something to look out for.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 18, 2015, 10:54:55 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned before on here.

I saw a Down jacket on the O'Neills website for £35 and said to the woman it would be a nice gift to get for the birthday. I was surprised at the quality of it for the price when it arrived and when I queried it she said it was €60.

Turns out now that when she goes to the o'neills website the prices are in Euro but when I go they are in sterling (and for the jacket you'd have to say better value).

Something to do with computer server location I suppose (both of us sit in Belfast) but something to look out for.

Delete all cookies in your/her internet browser(s). Also, experiment using a different browser; e.g. if you're using Internet Explorer try Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari if you use MAC.

Airline companies use similar tactics. It's not illegal by the way, just clever/secretive/underhand marketing..  :o

redhandefender

Expensive purchase all the same, probably only get one more outing this year! Yeoh

Aristo 60

It doesn't say it on the label but I think I can wear it to mass too.

Rois

Our server is located in Germany, so that's prob why Euro came up, you usually have to manually change it but O'Neills don't seem to have that functionality.

T Fearon

Ffs,when I saw the title of this thread I thought Shane had his own website!

Some of us use TG4 website to source our (free) GAA gear!

Fuzzman

Anyone know where I get a Tyrone 1986 retro shirt?

illdecide

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 23, 2015, 04:16:20 PM
Anyone know where I get a Tyrone 1986 retro shirt?

Paudge Quinn?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

I had one,but I threw it away when Mc Cabe fluffed the penalty