USFC SF: Monaghan vs. Fermanagh, Sunday June 21st 2015 at 4pm, TBC

Started by GrandMasterFlash, June 05, 2015, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

Agree with most of what has been said. Thought the sending off was harsh but wouldn't have changed the outcome. Monaghan still would have came through by 4-5 points. Fermanagh did rightly and can't fault the effort. We are just too limited in the forwards department.

upmonaghansayswe

First of all well done to everyone involved on making 3 finals in a row. It's a great achievement and (as I said last year!) we should cherish every final we get to in Clones from now on. 

Few things on yesterday. I was delighted to see Eoin start, it was how I was hoping they would play him. Credit to the management for taking that risk and looking past yesterday to ensure he played for a tough 40min as opposed to a potential handy 15/20 at the end. Whatever chance he has of being ready for the final he would have had none if he was just subbed on. Thought we were beaten well in midfield though. I know we never lord it but what was more troubling was even the lack of breaks we won. It's an area we used to rely heavily on Malone and Jinxy helping out on but we fared out badly there yesterday. Enjoyed seeing Kieran playing closer to goal as Conor was well marked but we did lose out in midfield because of it.
Thought Karl, both Duffys and Kieran had good games and Mc Guinness had a lovely wee dummy for his point. I`d be surprised if Carey started again. Fair enough sticking with him yesterday as the Cavan game was a tough one but I don't think we can gamble a third time on him. 

A great few weeks build up now to the final!

Schkite

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on June 22, 2015, 06:01:23 PM
First of all well done to everyone involved on making 3 finals in a row. It's a great achievement and (as I said last year!) we should cherish every final we get to in Clones from now on. 

Few things on yesterday. I was delighted to see Eoin start, it was how I was hoping they would play him. Credit to the management for taking that risk and looking past yesterday to ensure he played for a tough 40min as opposed to a potential handy 15/20 at the end. Whatever chance he has of being ready for the final he would have had none if he was just subbed on. Thought we were beaten well in midfield though. I know we never lord it but what was more troubling was even the lack of breaks we won. It's an area we used to rely heavily on Malone and Jinxy helping out on but we fared out badly there yesterday. Enjoyed seeing Kieran playing closer to goal as Conor was well marked but we did lose out in midfield because of it.
Thought Karl, both Duffys and Kieran had good games and Mc Guinness had a lovely wee dummy for his point. I`d be surprised if Carey started again. Fair enough sticking with him yesterday as the Cavan game was a tough one but I don't think we can gamble a third time on him. 

A great few weeks build up now to the final!

Definitely agree with that. Even if we don't catch alot of clean ball, we can still win alot of breaking ball around the middle, but that wasn't there yesterday. Fermanagh men were almost always quicker to the breaks. Along with those you mention, Vinny was probably a loss in that area because of him moving from centre back to full back. That's a big improvement we have to make for the next day.

Also agree on Carey. I've said before I'd prefer to see Duffy in there, and his second half performance only reinforces that. Maybe he isn't as solid defensively or as much of a worker, but I don't know how much work Carey did either. If Malachy prefers to keep the likes of Duffy to come on in the second half, I'd start McAnespie instead. I also don't know if Carey would be physically up to the probable challenge of Donegal around the middle. Bit surprised aswell that Paudie McKenna hasn't got a look in recently, he looked decent last year. Also, is Daniel McKenna fit again?

Seen a few mentions of Dick and how he could have got the line, what did he do? Didn't see it at the time and watching it back on BBC's coverage, they missed it with the replay of the goal. All it showed was a Fermanagh man on the ground, and Dick talking to the officials. In fact McManus also looked to be telling off Dick, maybe telling him to keep quiet so he wouldn't get the line!

babarino

BBC coverage was a bit of a laugh. Sidebottom and McConville said the red was unjust, it should have been yellow, then agreed they were both "fair and objective".

RTE analysts showed in slowed down REPLAY, it should have been two reds - a deliberate stamp. Less of the whatabout Clerkin guff. Fermanagh lost their discipline because Monaghan went up a gear and the writing was on the wall.

twohands!!!

Quote from: babarino on June 22, 2015, 10:23:59 PM
BBC coverage was a bit of a laugh. Sidebottom and McConville said the red was unjust, it should have been yellow, then agreed they were both "fair and objective".

RTE analysts showed in slowed down REPLAY, it should have been two reds - a deliberate stamp. Less of the whatabout Clerkin guff. Fermanagh lost their discipline because Monaghan went up a gear and the writing was on the wall.

In fairness Oisin is nothing if not consistent - he never believes anyone should be sent off ever.

ONeill

Quote from: timmyot501 on June 22, 2015, 12:42:24 PM
What did Clerkin do? The cameras missed it. Just showed him getting the yellow.

Ach, he just wanted a bit of crack.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: ONeill on June 23, 2015, 12:06:30 AM
Quote from: timmyot501 on June 22, 2015, 12:42:24 PM
What did Clerkin do? The cameras missed it. Just showed him getting the yellow.

Ach, he just wanted a bit of crack.

You're not really in a position to be trotting out wise tongue-in-cheek cracks about Monaghan county footballers given the fairly recent exploits of one of your own corner backs.

Glasshouses, stones etc.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

redhandefender

Clerkins a thug, every team has them, I don't know why anyones surprised, that's why he is there! Its hardly his footballing ability!

Think monaghan will get carved up big style by Donegal in the final

babarino

Main Street

I love the sound of trolling, cranky and annoyed Tyronies, in the morning.
When it is so, then life must be alright,  that good things must have happened out there in the world.