Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godsown

Quote from: Lloyd p on April 14, 2021, 02:20:33 PM
Any word on who Poachers replacement is at the Ford?

See Ford have announced new management team of Conor Gribben, Chris Brannigan and Ambrose Rogers.

redandblackareback

Quote from: Dubh driocht on April 20, 2021, 07:28:10 PM
Donegal at Pairc Esler is a tough one in a year with no back door.  One to look forward to so we need a good league preparation. They were being talked about as possibly the only threat to the Dubs last year until Cavan tore into them, we will need everything to go right and pray that everything goes wrong for them

Its the hardest draw we could have got, home or away is irrelevant with no supporters and we certainly wont win that game. That will be 3 years with one championship win v Fermanagh for Tally and co. No Ulster title in 28 years next year, it really beggars belief. Any news on the U20 season, excited to see what Conor Lav can do with that talented group.

Johnnysboys

[/quote]

Its the hardest draw we could have got, home or away is irrelevant with no supporters and we certainly wont win that game. That will be 3 years with one championship win v Fermanagh for Tally and co. No Ulster title in 28 years next year, it really beggars belief. Any news on the U20 season, excited to see what Conor Lav can do with that talented group.
[/quote]

He has done plenty of training with them anyhow!! Lockdown means nothing to this group...

Ed Hardy

Has there been any retirements/any new faces in the Down squad for this year? Hopefully Darren O'Hagan is back, will need full squad a available to even compete in the league and give Donegal a game a bit of a game this year.

Johnnysboys

I see the fixtures are out for the new competition Corn an Duin. I hope it's a success and gives lads a real edge for when the league season starts..

outinfront

I like this idea and saves sorting out challenge matches and unnecessary travel.

Smurfy123

Out in front it's probably a good competition for smaller clubs but the bigger clubs will give out some hammerings
Our group we will have 3 dead rubbers against the 3 mourn clubs Longstone Ballymartin and Attical
Word is we will enter our second string team

wobbller

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 07, 2021, 06:53:25 AM
Out in front it's probably a good competition for smaller clubs but the bigger clubs will give out some hammerings
Our group we will have 3 dead rubbers against the 3 mourn clubs Longstone Ballymartin and Attical
Don't quite get that logic of fielding your 2nds.So the non County players on the Seniors
get no football???

snoopdog

Quote from: Ed Hardy on April 27, 2021, 03:30:17 PM
Has there been any retirements/any new faces in the Down squad for this year? Hopefully Darren O'Hagan is back, will need full squad a available to even compete in the league and give Donegal a game a bit of a game this year.
Gerald McGovern and Shay Miller I believe will be back. McParland prob wont be back in time.
Ryan Johnson isnt in panel. Shelan concentrating o  U20s. All a cording to the irish news

wobbller

Quote from: snoopdog on May 07, 2021, 01:29:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on April 27, 2021, 03:30:17 PM
Gerald McGovern and Shay Miller I believe will be back. McParland prob wont be back in time.
Ryan Johnson isnt in panel. Shelan concentrating o  U20s. All a cording to the irish news
Irish news has gone to pot this past few years

charlieTully

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 07, 2021, 06:53:25 AM

Short memory young Murphy. Very short memory. Don't be such a knob.

Smurfy123

Down suffered a big defeat at the hands of Tyrone last week in Newry

Team
Burns
Murdock
McGovern
Collins
Laverty
Flynn
McEvoy
Middleton
Poland
Mooney
Devlin
Guiness
Quinn
McCrickard
Doherty

Decent team that by the looks of it those lads would be fighting for a starting place next week with this group likely to return
Darren O H
Barry O H
Kevin McK
Peter F
Liam K
James G
Benny McA
Conor G

Strong team if above lads come into the team

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 09, 2021, 08:53:00 AM
Down suffered a big defeat at the hands of Tyrone last week in Newry

Team
Burns
Murdock
McGovern
Collins
Laverty
Flynn
McEvoy
Middleton
Poland
Mooney
Devlin
Guiness
Quinn
McCrickard
Doherty

Decent team that by the looks of it those lads would be fighting for a starting place next week with this group likely to return
Darren O H
Barry O H
Kevin McK
Peter F
Liam K
James G
Benny McA
Conor G

Strong team if above lads come into the team

Sweet f**k, has that Tyrone man a clue putting out a team like that so close to the start of the league?  He has been taking a serious dough from Down over the last 2 years and he obviously knows nothing about his players. Paddy Murdock is a No.3, Johnny Flynn is not a No. 6. Poland is not a county midfielder. Mooney and Guinness need to be coming onto the ball. Devlin is? Who is going to score with that forward line apart from Quinn in that team? Apart from Kerr and Darren O'Hagan in the subs there is not much else to inspire me. Just throw the towel in now Tally.

befair

Down were devastating in the first half against Cavan last year, Mooney (especially) but also Johnson and Kerr. We panicked in the 2nd half, but if  we could recreate that pace and drive we could compete with any county (in Ulster). Is Johnson off the panel?

Smurfy123

Big blow to us with Cormac MCartan out for the season and Patrick Murdock also injured both picked up with Down
Cormac has picked up the dreaded cruciate
Our most consistent player
Wil pick my Down starting team later after I get over my disappointment