Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speculative

Many on here complaining we don't have the money. The question I'd ask is why we do we not have the money? What is the difference between us and Leitrim, Offaly or Louth (all have Centre of Excellences)?

We should be seeking out contributors from far and wide...

But alas- who would want to invest their money in Down football given those that would be entrusted to spend it...

elk

Good win for Glenn tonight . Point missing their travellers already?

cut the crap

Speculative have you been on Mars this last 10yrs, we don't have any money because our county executive and I emphasis executive have put us in a debt problem that will take 20 yrs at 10k a month to sort out , Burrenbridge cost us 550k , choke park lent us the money to square this of and finish Newry , end result we don't have any money and certain members of our current executive presided over this debacle, so withe the limited resources we have, the refurbishment of Ballykinlar should be considered.

5 Sams

We probably get justifiably lambasted for being ultra defensive at time and "parking the bus"...however anyone who witnessed what happened in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half against Bryansford last night would concede that we can play a bitta ball as well. 2-04 from play in four minutes is fairly impressive. BTW that Danny Savage is a superb player.
The Aristocrat Years

whitegoodman

So does that mean ur happy to play the worst football in the county for 55 mins each week and then come out for the last 5 mins  or ud like poucher to let the shackles off and let the lads play a little going forward ??

5 Sams

Quote from: whitegoodman on June 18, 2016, 08:32:25 PM
So does that mean ur happy to play the worst football in the county for 55 mins each week and then come out for the last 5 mins  or ud like poucher to let the shackles off and let the lads play a little going forward ??

Can you repeat that in English?
The Aristocrat Years

whitegoodman

I can repeat it in French, German or Spanish as long as u answer the question

Smurfy123

So from what I can gather we can get Mayo Cork Mon/Don Kil/WM in the next round
My team for next week

Reid
O Hagen
McGovern
Turley
McKibbon
Carr
Flynn
Turley
Mckernan
Maginn
Poland
O Hanlon
Davidson
Harrison
O Hare

Subs
Devlin
O Hagen
McGovern
Murphy
Collins

Anyone else hazard a guess?

cut the crap

Sam Fever, are you part of the executive or maybe a relative of an executive member because if you are , one question

What is the  alternative , on next weeks match, im predicting a tight game but a win by 5 pts

Mourne Rover

The team suggested by Smurfy looks a good bet from numbers one to four but his half back line is a surprising one as McKibbin, who started the last game, and Flynn, who was a second half sub, both struggled against Monaghan. Carr also had a tough day, but his experience and the lack of options could get him another chance. O'Hanlon should be beside him and it would be a great boost if McArdle  is fit enough to join them. An unchanged midfield will be expected but Davidson is more likely to be on the bench than get a competitive debut. Conaill McGovern should revert to his normal sweeping role while being named up front and there must be a reasonable chance of either Devlin or Mallon coming in as well.

Realmccoy

It is great Eamon Burns is trying something different. It just a pity he or the County Board does not read some of the posts online as we have been discussing Alan Davison for the last year and only now is something napping when Antrim show interest!

rosskarr

Quote from: Realmccoy on June 19, 2016, 05:13:50 PM
It is great Eamon Burns is trying something different. It just a pity he or the County Board does not read some of the posts online as we have been discussing Alan Davison for the last year and only now is something napping when Antrim show interest!
what is this verb?

passedit

Quote from: rosskarr on June 19, 2016, 05:42:17 PM
Quote from: Realmccoy on June 19, 2016, 05:13:50 PM
what is this verb?
Davison off injured on Friday night. Ironic if he missed the boat next week after all the fuss because I doubt there'll be another week.
Don't Panic

Smurfy123

It's Longford Christ
Possibly in the bottom 8 teams in Ireland and we are playing them in Newry
Anything other than a 6 point win will be a disappointment
Let's call a spade a spade

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 19, 2016, 09:07:51 PM
It's Longford Christ
Possibly in the bottom 8 teams in Ireland and we are playing them in Newry
Anything other than a 6 point win will be a disappointment
Let's call a spade a spade

Similar things were thought last year against Wexford. Can't take them for granted but I think we'll win. Probably get Mayo in the next round if we do.