An Dun -v- Cill Dara AIQ R2

Started by Aristo 60, June 30, 2014, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

The Home Advantage Gods smile on County Down once again.

We've had the upper hand over the lily whites for a few years now so they'll put up a massive fight you'd think.

Yesterday's performance is no indicator but all in all we have to be content enough. Laverty would have caused trouble to any team yesterday.

What odds on Benny signing off in Newry with another 'special' against Kildare?

Dinny Breen

Never been to Páirc Esler so directions and parking tips much appreciated. Will be looking for a quick exit  :D
#newbridgeornowhere

Ohtoohtobe

Unless we learn to defend in the space of 13 days I can't see us winning. I can see us having loads of ball and scoring 14-20 points but I can't see us not conceding at least three goals. Down's forwards are made for goal scoring. The thoughts of us leaving 50 yards of space in front of two or three full backs is frightening when you're up against the likes of Poland, Laverty and Coulter and seeing as we haven't learned from the past dozen games it's hard to feel confident that we will for this one.

inexile

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on June 30, 2014, 12:53:45 PM
Unless we learn to defend in the space of 13 days I can't see us winning. I can see us having loads of ball and scoring 14-20 points but I can't see us not conceding at least three goals. Down's forwards are made for goal scoring. The thoughts of us leaving 50 yards of space in front of two or three full backs is frightening when you're up against the likes of Poland, Laverty and Coulter and seeing as we haven't learned from the past dozen games it's hard to feel confident that we will for this one.

have to agree o2b.  We wont sort out yesterdays problems in 13 days. At €30 a ticket I Can't see very many travelling for this.

Aristo 60

€30?

that is a big lep from £13 yesterday.

Sean Og will be getting ideas.

snoopdog

Quote from: Aristo 60 on June 30, 2014, 01:25:30 PM
€30?

that is a big lep from £13 yesterday.

Sean Og will be getting ideas.

Thats a joke right, it cant be 30 euro a ticket.
Why was it the same price for the stand as for the Terracing yesterday?  Its madness who sets the pricese for qualifiers? is it up to the Ulster council for games in Ulster?
Also id suspect this game will be moved to Sun the 13th to avoid a clash with the other cultural activities of that weekend.

drici

Quote from: snoopdog on June 30, 2014, 01:56:00 PM

Also id suspect this game will be moved to Sun the 13th to avoid a clash with the other cultural activities of that weekend.

Indeed. Sunday 13th of July has mysteriously crept into the Round 2B matches.
http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/3006141420-football-qualifier-fixture-details-confirmed/

AZOffaly

Big double header in Thurles next Saturday. Footballers at 4.45 v Longford, and the Hurlers v Galway

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 30, 2014, 02:54:19 PM
Big double header in Thurles next Saturday. Footballers at 4.45 v Longford, and the Hurlers v Galway

No doubt the Longford support will have to pay extra for the privilege.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 30, 2014, 02:56:32 PM

At least some of the Tip ladeens might realise their footballers are no longer desperate basket cases.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 30, 2014, 02:56:32 PM

Probably, and the Galway lads too.

Agent Orange

Quote from: drici on June 30, 2014, 02:41:45 PM

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/3006141420-football-qualifier-fixture-details-confirmed/

Down men normally go to Scarva on the 13th, they enjoy an oul sham fight.

snoopdog

Quote from: Agent Orange on June 30, 2014, 06:12:17 PM
Quote from: drici on June 30, 2014, 02:41:45 PM

Down men normally go to Scarva on the 13th, they enjoy an oul sham fight.

yeah but as the 13th falls on a sunday they dont like to march on the day of rest so thats pushed out to monday the 14th so we can have 3 big days out. Gilford on sat Newry on sunday and then Scarva on Monday.

ardtole

If Kildare start OConnor at FF, should we expect Gordon to play FB? I wonder what way the defence would line out, possibly McArdle in the corner.

A man from Down

You would imagine so Ardtole. Big Dan has done well on the likes of Michael Murphy and Star Donaghy in there to name a few however if Dan was to play well in the middle you would hope the supply going into the Kildare Full forward line would be limited. Bit of a dilemma for James but at least there is a choice.

I would like to see:

Cunningham
D McCartan
McArdle
O'Hagan
Garvey
Turley
R Johnston
McKernan
Gordon
Coulter
Maginn