Donegal V Derry Ulster Quarter Final June 16th

Started by J70, May 21, 2012, 03:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POBreaslain

I hope that this gets us to page 3 lads! I can't say that I've ever heard that expression before RRHF but it wouldn't have anything to do with The Grill in Letterkenny would it? Shift one doll inside, shag a Derry doll out the back and then head home and hook up with a Tyrone bird on the bus maybe? ;-)

riptorn

Donegal by at least 5! Worst Derry team that I can remember! Woeful! Haven't got the players.

In my opinion John Brennen should have been down on his hands and knees begging players like Fergal Doc, Enda Muldoon and definitely Kevin McGuckin to stay on for another year. Only in Derry would such players walk away from the county set-up so easy.

James062

what will the Donegal team be like ? will Murphy start ?

J OGorman

Quote from: riptorn on June 15, 2012, 09:47:37 AM
Donegal by at least 5! Worst Derry team that I can remember! Woeful! Haven't got the players.

In my opinion John Brennen should have been down on his hands and knees begging players like Fergal Doc, Enda Muldoon and definitely Kevin McGuckin to stay on for another year. Only in Derry would such players walk away from the county set-up so easy.

I'd say it wasnt easy for any of the three to walk away. It was big big commitment for each for over a decade esp with work, weans etc. Three great players who'll be badly missed. I find it tight getting out the door for an hour of astro mid-week!

Its far from the worst Derry team I can remember...Derry GAA Est 1993

theticklemister

Quote from: J OGorman on June 15, 2012, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: riptorn on June 15, 2012, 09:47:37 AM

I'd say it wasnt easy for any of the three to walk away. It was big big commitment for each for over a decade esp with work, weans etc. Three great players who'll be badly missed. I find it tight getting out the door for an hour of astro mid-week!

Its far from the worst Derry team I can remember...Derry GAA Est 1993

Balls; Derry estabilished as far back; they came good in 1993. But a lot of barren years in between.

J70

Ther's no way Derry will be as bad as many here are predicting. This will be a tight game and, especially if Murphy and Kavanagh don't make it, one that Derry could win.

Faceinthecrowd

1. P Durcan
2. P McGrath
3. N McGee
4. F mcglynn
5. K Lacey (capt)
6. A thompson
7. L Mcloone
8. N gallagher
9. R kavanagh
10. R bradley
11. M mchugh
12. C toye
13. P Mcbrearty
14. C McFadden
15. D walsh

Shouldn't be too far off mcguinness's starting line-up for tomorrow evening I reckon...........

Faceinthecrowd

Monaghan v Tyrone ladies at 3.15pm, unusual curtain raiser for a sfc game, anyway let's hope the rain stops around 4.30pm so we can enjoy the game without getting freezing and soaked. Last time against Armagh in the league ballybofey was miserable

Redhand Santa

McGuinness expecting different Derry
16 June 2012

Donegal manager Jim McGuinness isn't reading anything into Derry's indifferent Allianz League form.

The Oak Leafers only narrowly avoided relegation to Division 3, but McGuinness is expecting them to be a totally different proposition when they visit MacCumhaill Park for this evening's Ulster SFC quarter-final.

"Derry won the last time they played a championship match in Ballybofey. They have a lot of quality in the forward line and they have five fine midfielders in PJ McCloskey, John McCamley, James Conway, Joe Diver and Michael Friel," he told The Donegal Democrat.

"They have a lot of quality all over the field and it is going to be a difficult assignment. They are our neighbours and a derby match and it is all set up for a good game of football. We also know that a lot of their top players did not play in the league and that they will be a different proposition altogether on Saturday evening.

"Neither Paddy or Eoin Bradley played in the league; Gerard O'Kane did not play in the league either and Conleth Gilligan is also fit again. All those players are back so it is going to be a much different Derry we will face on Saturday compared to that which played in the league.

"They carry a serious threat as we know from last year's Ulster final. They also feel that if they had the two Bradleys in last year's Ulster final that they would have won and a few of them have gone on record and said as much."

For someone who claims to analyse his opponents in such detail I'm surprised at that comment!

drici

drici

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

Milltown Row2

Under 28 points 8/11, in that weather thats a certainty. Donegal wont win by much but don't score much either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drici

Micheal Murphy starts.

Blowitupref

Quote from: drici on June 16, 2012, 04:52:21 PM
Micheal Murphy starts.
His first game for months i wonder can he keep the pace for 70mins.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose