Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Mon

think meegan is injured.
What about eddie lennon or martin corry?

bingobus

Quote from: Mid Mon on January 23, 2008, 01:02:54 PM
think meegan is injured.

Both are injured and were due to play in McKenna Cup.

Young Nudie would be a case in point about sitting on bench. He sat on it all last year and didn;t see any action months due to star games. It would have been better for his own sake to play football more regular and I'm glad he isn't on the panel this year - it will benefit him and the club.

With 30 in a panel, its is prob more of a GAA problem than a Monaghan one. Realistically now many of the 30 will see regualr action - 20 odd or less?

donelli

Quote from: bingobus on January 23, 2008, 02:02:45 PM
Quote from: Mid Mon on January 23, 2008, 01:02:54 PM
think meegan is injured.

Both are injured and were due to play in McKenna Cup.

Young Nudie would be a case in point about sitting on bench. He sat on it all last year and didn;t see any action months due to star games. It would have been better for his own sake to play football more regular and I'm glad he isn't on the panel this year - it will benefit him and the club.

With 30 in a panel, its is prob more of a GAA problem than a Monaghan one. Realistically now many of the 30 will see regualr action - 20 odd or less?

In derry any county squad player who hasnt featured int eh previous county game is free to play in the 'star ' games... seems a lot fairer to the squad players and their clubs.

donelli

Quote from: thebandit on January 22, 2008, 02:54:49 PM

I'm flying down for it on the Friday, got the flights cheap as well ;D

[/quote]

I see the ryanair flights are still cheap.Considering heading down on the saturday, returning the sunday.
A 4 hour drive from Blayney sounds grand too, though with petrol money, 3 tolls & staying off the drink to drive, a flight at €55 may be a better option!!!....perhaps you could collect me in the airport on the way home ;D

bingobus

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on January 23, 2008, 02:04:51 PM
What about this guy Rooney we heard about...wheres he?

Rooney is gone again. There is the offical line and then what really happened.

Officially he wasn;t near fit enough or was the player that he was when he left 4 years ago, naturally enough.

What really happened - he used his head to do his talking in training one night after a fairly low key challenge for a teammate.

The Derry way seems far more practically and of benefit to club, player and county.

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on January 23, 2008, 02:51:33 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on January 23, 2008, 02:04:51 PM
What about this guy Rooney we heard about...wheres he?

Rooney is gone again. There is the offical line and then what really happened.

Officially he wasn;t near fit enough or was the player that he was when he left 4 years ago, naturally enough.

What really happened - he used his head to do his talking in training one night after a fairly low key challenge for a teammate.

The Derry way seems far more practically and of benefit to club, player and county.

I heard something similar.... Any word how the Latton and Magheracloone boys are getting on now?

bingobus

It would appear to have died down a touch, Lennon went to Damien Freemans wedding last week.

Not sure if its dead in the water though, think Eddie Lennon is still "sore" about it and may not let it go so easy.

Is it true they drew each other in opening league game? Didn;t think the fixtures where out yet.

timmyot501

I hear Eoin Lennon is going to miss a chunk of the league. Tore ligaments in training. A big loss considering how he dominated midfield against antrim.

donelli

Quote from: timmyot501 on January 28, 2008, 10:13:48 AM
I hear Eoin Lennon is going to miss a chunk of the league. Tore ligaments in training. A big loss considering how he dominated midfield against antrim.

Bad news that. Hadnt heard.

I thought VIP/HELLO was brought into the household this week. i had to double check to find out that it was the standard!!! i take it Damien Freeman got married recently  ;D

Mid Mon

Great win for the VEC. can anyone post team and what club they play for?

billy the kid

In derry any county squad player who hasnt featured int eh previous county game is free to play in the 'star ' games... seems a lot fairer to the squad players and their clubs.
[/quote]

Who told you this??? its an absolute lie.

Im from Derry and Derry league games are cancelled and changed all the time as no club will play each other without their county men as the leagues are that competitive and nobody wants to lose to each other because it could be costly.

Every now and again some new inititative or other is introduced to try and make clubs continue the league during the intercounty seasons but it never works.

It wouldnt be that strange for all the adult football and hurling leagues to be stopped for 4-8 weeks at a time due to county football.

Senior club games are even called off if the county minors do well like last year.

If you are a club player the last thing you want to be doing is modelling your fixtures on the Derry system.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

donelli

The Sem lost the mcrory quater final by 6 points in Keady on saturday.
Dungannon were much the better team.

donelli

Can someone confirm to me if drunmhowan or rockcorry are intermediate this year.
I am trying to find this years championship draw to no avail...pro of monaghan aint doing their job me thinks  :o

Mid Mon

SENIOR
Clontibret   
Latton 
Magheraclone 
Doohamlet 
Scotstown 
Inniskeen 
Castleblayney
Carrickmacross 
Monaghan Harps
Tyholland