The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on July 27, 2022, 01:53:28 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 27, 2022, 01:06:08 PM
Crazy in this day and age. . . you have easy access to all broadcast sports and can see the successful broadcasting formats.

You audition lads for personality and give them some media training so they can handle themselves properly on screen without losing their opinions and backbone.

The fact there isn't a recap style show like MNF with proper analysis and a legend of the game as a guest to add some extra insight is ridiculous as far as I can see.

Even some kind of mish mash magazine show presented by the 2 Johnnies (or someone like that) lacing a bit of craic through the GAA scene would be deadly.

They have so much they can do and they just won't it's so frustrating!

Parkinson said he pitched a mid week show to them and they didn't even acknowledge him. RTE have a lot of programming to fit in but you would think an hour long show would be cheap enough to make and you'd have a decent audience. Look at the amount of GAA podcasts going and doing well - you'd think they could get a couple of hours a week out even with decent audience numbers.
Pod cast are the ideal form for Gaa . they can be as local as you like. I listen to stuff on ah ref in mayo i would have zero intrest in listeniing to in other counties . club manager merry go round and Junior noth mayo winter league results ETC.

A national station just cannot bring that kind of news or the show would last about 6 hours
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Milltown Row2

All lady pundits at Croke... think they missed a trick there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

Wonder who will be drafted in.
O Sé, O'Rourke, Spillane, McStay all gone.
I'd like the way Sky do it and draft in the odd mix of a lad from the clubs playing who is not a regular.

The Tailteann Cup crew were enjoyable so some younger lads would be good.

Get rid of Cavanagh and Dessie too!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

rosnarun

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 25, 2022, 08:13:19 AM
I'd like the way Sky do it and draft in the odd mix of a lad from the clubs playing who is not a regular.

id expect to see horan step back in somewhere, oisin too maybe, declan bonner could be good but it could be hard to understand  when he speaks loudly enough to be heard
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Blowitupref

Quote from: rosnarun on August 25, 2022, 04:18:24 PM

id expect to see horan step back in somewhere, oisin too maybe, declan bonner could be good but it could be hard to understand  when he speaks loudly enough to be heard
Horan will likely return to Sky sports.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 25, 2022, 04:20:55 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 25, 2022, 04:18:24 PM

Horan will likely return to Sky sports.
Lo9kit
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Well I hope somebody replaces them. If not it'll be nothing but Munster hurling every Sunday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: rosnarun on July 28, 2022, 11:46:37 AM
Crazy in this day and age. . . you have easy access to all broadcast sports and can see the successful broadcasting formats.

You audition lads for personality and give them some media training so they can handle themselves properly on screen without losing their opinions and backbone.

The fact there isn't a recap style show like MNF with proper analysis and a legend of the game as a guest to add some extra insight is ridiculous as far as I can see.

Even some kind of mish mash magazine show presented by the 2 Johnnies (or someone like that) lacing a bit of craic through the GAA scene would be deadly.

Parkinson said he pitched a mid week show to them and they didn't even acknowledge him. RTE have a lot of programming to fit in but you would think an hour long show would be cheap enough to make and you'd have a decent audience. Look at the amount of GAA podcasts going and doing well - you'd think they could get a couple of hours a week out even with decent audience numbers.
Pod cast are the ideal form for Gaa . they can be as local as you like. I listen to stuff on ah ref in mayo i would have zero intrest in listeniing to in other counties . club manager merry go round and Junior noth mayo winter league results ETC.

A national station just cannot bring that kind of news or the show would last about 6 hours
Rte could/should have a multi sports channel, more especially in this day and age when broadcast production innovations have accelerated since times of covid and production costs have dropped hugely.
More stuff is produced remotely with just one or two (ideally well placed) cameras on site.
Apart from the top games, most streamed sports events do not need a studio or punditry. In any event you can video link to someone at their home. The possibilities are  infinite.
For filers you could have Parkinson et al on loop for hours on end.   A midnight special with Oisín for insomniacs.

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on August 26, 2022, 03:01:20 PM

Rte could/should have a multi sports channel, more especially in this day and age when broadcast production innovations have accelerated since times of covid and production costs have dropped hugely.
More stuff is produced remotely with just one or two (ideally well placed) cameras on site.
Apart from the top games, most streamed sports events do not need a studio or punditry. In any event you can video link to someone at their home. The possibilities are  infinite.
For filers you could have Parkinson et al on loop for hours on end.   A midnight special with Oisín for insomniacs.

Jesus nobody's that desperate!!

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on August 26, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 26, 2022, 03:01:20 PM

Jesus nobody's that desperate!!
Who are you calling nobodies?? there are GAAboard members here who pay real money to subscribe to Parkinson's podcasts. Show some respect!!  :D

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thewobbler

Quote from: Rossfan on October 17, 2022, 11:36:48 AM
A bit of good news...

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/des-cahill-quits-as-host-of-the-sunday-game-42072018.html

I'm not sure this is good news.

It's likely a ploy to give even more airtime to the evil Joanne Cantwell.

sensethetone

Sean Cavanagh's job to lose.

quit yo jibbajabba

Up here in the UK we'd be delighted if that happens 😃😉