GAA Discussion > GAA Discussion

New Jerseys?

(1/152) > >>

Farrandeelin:
I saw on the Star today that the GAA are going to have numbers on front and back of intercounty jerseys, starting in January. I assume all the jerseys will take on a new format so?

orangeman:
What on under Jesus will they think of next ?

HowdyDoody:
Jerseys to be numbered from 2008
by Brian Murphy, 22 September 2007

Inter-county jerseys will have numbers printed on both the front and the back from next season.

The move could herald the end of referees having to ask players to turn around to show their number's after thay are booked.

The new rule will be enforced from the satrt of next season, but only inter-county teams will have to adhere from the start of next season.

The issue was discussed at Congress in April but the GAA decided not to implement the rule until 2008 as most team jerseys had already been designed.

taken from Setanta.com

Gnevin:

--- Quote from: HowdyDoody on September 22, 2007, 09:20:25 PM ---Jerseys to be numbered from 2008
by Brian Murphy, 22 September 2007

Inter-county jerseys will have numbers printed on both the front and the back from next season.

The move could herald the end of referees having to ask players to turn around to show their number's after thay are booked.

The new rule will be enforced from the satrt of next season, but only inter-county teams will have to adhere from the start of next season.

The issue was discussed at Congress in April but the GAA decided not to implement the rule until 2008 as most team jerseys had already been designed.

taken from Setanta.com

--- End quote ---
Because having to turn around took up some much time  ::)

pintsofguinness:

--- Quote ---The move could herald the end of referees having to ask players to turn around to show their number's after thay are booked.
--- End quote ---
Could  ???   ::)

But I'm glad they sorted out that problem anyway!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version