Quote from: clonadmad on November 08, 2022, 11:42:16 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 08, 2022, 10:16:52 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 07, 2022, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 07, 2022, 08:11:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2022, 08:07:12 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 07, 2022, 08:02:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 06, 2022, 08:28:27 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 06, 2022, 07:40:11 PM
The Gunners looked very slick against a beefy Kilruane winning by double figures and emptying the bench.

NaPairsigh up next will be a very different test. Get over that and it's hard to see them stopped in Munster.
There is no dominant club in Tipp. Tipp clubs tend to struggle  in this competition.

6 winners in 6 years of the tipp club championship,kilruane won it for the first time in 37 years last Sunday week and weren't going to prove any opposition to ballygunner who have played in Munster the last 9 years

NaP and Ballygunner is the Munster final and possibly a decider for an all ireland place

An absolute cracker in store

Ballyhale as per usual are going to win Leinster with clough Ballacolla the relative dark horses again

It will be interesting to see what comes out of galway

Thbmases or the coming power based on juvenile results,Clarinbridge

S'neil should the progress won't be pushed around either and have been very unlucky not to win one, but they will have tougher games (I hope before that)

When push comes to shove Slaughtneil don't have the hurling at this level to win it

You need one if not 2 marque top level intercounty forwards to get over the line

Brendan Rogers outshone everyone last year

He certainly did and the Ballygunnar lads were glad enough to hear the final whistle last year whereas they've blown teams from more traditional counties in Munster out of the water, emptying the bench in the process.

I can't see the Ports having the physicality to live with SN on Sunday, they've plenty of speed in their forwards but won't have the space to operate in that they like, SN will suffocate them defensively and the Ports don't have a defender to handle Rodgers, they'll try Tom Murray, but he's not up to it.
I suppose Ballycran caught SN cold in Corrigan a few years back, can see wee Mickey making that same mistake again.

Ballygunner led from start to finish in that semi last year,this idea that they were glad to hear the final whistle is moral victory territory.

The reality is that Slaughtneil don't have the marque forward or a forward line to match the likes of Ballyhale,NaPiarsaigh or a Ballygunner

Never mind the fact that these 3 teams wouldn't know a football if it hit them,which is another weakness with Slaughtneil

You can't prosper at this level putting time into or  playing football

Someone should tell Ballyea, Cuala and St Finbarrs that. They've all got a good smattering of intercounty footballers in their hurling ranks.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 08, 2022, 12:42:14 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 08, 2022, 08:49:22 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 08, 2022, 02:32:45 AM
Thomas's only won 1 all Ireland about a decade ago.
Sleacht could win an all Ireland in the future if the stars align eg a new Munster champion and Ballyhale beaten in Kilkenny. The mighty Loughgiel beat Coolderry in their second all Ireland win. Tiny margins. Imagine the glory on the way back to Derry..

Loughgiel won because they had Liam Watson who was as good as any forward in Ireland at the time scoring 3-7 in an all ireland club final

Do Slaughthneil have anyone comparable to him ?

No they don't

As for wanting the stars to align,that's in my if my aunt had balls territory

Watson was good but Rogers a step up

That's nonsense. Rodgers is gifted but Watson was fantastic. What he did the year Loughgiel won the AI could be done by very few players north or south. Different level to almost any player that ever came out of ulster.

You're probably stirring though...

seafoid

The Galway final takes place on the 20th. St Thomas' vs Loughrea.

2 of the clubs that brought a sizeable haul of all Irelands to Galway, namely Athenry and Portumna, are now in Senior B.
Between 92 and 2014 Galway teams won around half of the all Irelands.
Since then Ballyhale have won 3, Cuala 2 and Ballygunner and na Piarsaigh 1 each .
Will Ballygunner build on last year or will another team start something ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 09, 2022, 04:35:01 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 08, 2022, 12:42:14 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 08, 2022, 08:49:22 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 08, 2022, 02:32:45 AM
Thomas's only won 1 all Ireland about a decade ago.
Sleacht could win an all Ireland in the future if the stars align eg a new Munster champion and Ballyhale beaten in Kilkenny. The mighty Loughgiel beat Coolderry in their second all Ireland win. Tiny margins. Imagine the glory on the way back to Derry..

Loughgiel won because they had Liam Watson who was as good as any forward in Ireland at the time scoring 3-7 in an all ireland club final

Do Slaughthneil have anyone comparable to him ?

No they don't

As for wanting the stars to align,that's in my if my aunt had balls territory

Watson was good but Rogers a step up

That's nonsense. Rodgers is gifted but Watson was fantastic. What he did the year Loughgiel won the AI could be done by very few players north or south. Different level to almost any player that ever came out of ulster.

You're probably stirring though...

I'm not honestly. Rogers is better all round. Better temperament too. It's only my opinion

clonadmad

Quote from: johnnycool on November 08, 2022, 01:05:30 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 08, 2022, 11:42:16 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 08, 2022, 10:16:52 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 07, 2022, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 07, 2022, 08:11:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2022, 08:07:12 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 07, 2022, 08:02:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 06, 2022, 08:28:27 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 06, 2022, 07:40:11 PM
The Gunners looked very slick against a beefy Kilruane winning by double figures and emptying the bench.

NaPairsigh up next will be a very different test. Get over that and it's hard to see them stopped in Munster.
There is no dominant club in Tipp. Tipp clubs tend to struggle  in this competition.

6 winners in 6 years of the tipp club championship,kilruane won it for the first time in 37 years last Sunday week and weren't going to prove any opposition to ballygunner who have played in Munster the last 9 years

NaP and Ballygunner is the Munster final and possibly a decider for an all ireland place

An absolute cracker in store

Ballyhale as per usual are going to win Leinster with clough Ballacolla the relative dark horses again

It will be interesting to see what comes out of galway

Thbmases or the coming power based on juvenile results,Clarinbridge

S'neil should the progress won't be pushed around either and have been very unlucky not to win one, but they will have tougher games (I hope before that)

When push comes to shove Slaughtneil don't have the hurling at this level to win it

You need one if not 2 marque top level intercounty forwards to get over the line

Brendan Rogers outshone everyone last year

He certainly did and the Ballygunnar lads were glad enough to hear the final whistle last year whereas they've blown teams from more traditional counties in Munster out of the water, emptying the bench in the process.

I can't see the Ports having the physicality to live with SN on Sunday, they've plenty of speed in their forwards but won't have the space to operate in that they like, SN will suffocate them defensively and the Ports don't have a defender to handle Rodgers, they'll try Tom Murray, but he's not up to it.
I suppose Ballycran caught SN cold in Corrigan a few years back, can see wee Mickey making that same mistake again.

Ballygunner led from start to finish in that semi last year,this idea that they were glad to hear the final whistle is moral victory territory.

The reality is that Slaughtneil don't have the marque forward or a forward line to match the likes of Ballyhale,NaPiarsaigh or a Ballygunner

Never mind the fact that these 3 teams wouldn't know a football if it hit them,which is another weakness with Slaughtneil

You can't prosper at this level putting time into or  playing football

Someone should tell Ballyea, Cuala and St Finbarrs that. They've all got a good smattering of intercounty footballers in their hurling ranks.

Neither the barrs in the last 40 odd years or Ballyea have won an all ireland or are likely to win one either in the foreseeable future

I referenced 3 teams who all have won all irelands

That's the level I'm talking about

Hurling clubs as in full time hurling clubs with at least one outstanding forward at a minimum and a fairly handy supporting cast of forwards win hurling club all irelands

seafoid

Ballyhale have 7 club hurling all Irelands and 3 Kilkenny football titles
James Stephens have 3 club hurling all Irelands and 8 Kilkenny football titles

Some counties have exclusive areas for hurling and football, others don't. Club is more about getting a generation of players together.

seafoid

Tipp have 1 club title more than Antrim.  Wexford have 1 title less.

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2022, 03:07:12 PM
Ballyhale have 7 club hurling all Irelands and 3 Kilkenny football titles
James Stephens have 3 club hurling all Irelands and 8 Kilkenny football titles

Some counties have exclusive areas for hurling and football, others don't. Club is more about getting a generation of players together.
Would most junior clubs not win that lol

Eire90

i see the kerry hurling club champions and other senior champions in some counties go into intermediate provincial levels but is their a way they can get their county to be promoted to senior or is it the case the county board know they are probably not good enough to play senior but could enter them into senior if they wanted too.

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on November 11, 2022, 08:09:56 AM
i see the kerry hurling club champions and other senior champions in some counties go into intermediate provincial levels but is their a way they can get their county to be promoted to senior or is it the case the county board know they are probably not good enough to play senior but could enter them into senior if they wanted too.
I know in Armagh the senior champions go in to Ulster Intermediate and if they win Ulster then that club will have to play Ulster senior for the next 5 years if they get out of Armagh in that period

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 11, 2022, 09:17:27 AM
I know in Armagh the senior champions go in to Ulster Intermediate and if they win Ulster then that club will have to play Ulster senior for the next 5 years if they get out of Armagh in that period

I think it's the same in all provinces.

Not sure if the Kerry senior champions have ever won the Munster Intermediate though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 11, 2022, 09:17:27 AM

Down to 3 years now for a while I think...

The Kerry senior championship has improved, you only have to look at how well the senior inter county has improved, at club level though in Munster they are way off the mark, serious levels in most counties
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Donegal senior hurling champions go junior in ulster. Even though the county plays at higher level than Tyrone, Armagh and Monaghan in hurling.

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 11, 2022, 10:23:15 AM
Donegal senior hurling champions go junior in ulster. Even though the county plays at higher level than Tyrone, Armagh and Monaghan in hurling.
Cheating huers! Wouldn't follow the hurling a whole pile myself but Armagh seem to have fallen of a cliff recently. Nearly sure they were in 2A a few years a go