Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Limerick rarely make mistakes and kk made a few more. What a game. Walter Walsh fairly rattled Limerick. Reid fantastic as ever but wanted a goal on about 65 minutes hen he could have had a point.

Limerick's half forward line phenomenal. Kilkenny fb line not too far behind either.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2022, 05:13:28 PM
Limerick rarely make mistakes and kk made a few more. What a game. Walter Walsh fairly rattled Limerick. Reid fantastic as ever but wanted a goal on about 65 minutes hen he could have had a point.

Limerick's half forward line phenomenal. Kilkenny fb line not too far behind either.

Other than Deegan having nothing for Hegarty, don't think anyone from KK could have done much more. Keoghan a bit disappointing perhaps but Lawlor on Gillane was superb.

That all said, the fact Lynch was missing can't be ignored. Might have been a bit more comfortable for them.

Cody will have seen enough that he'll not be going anywhere I suspect.

Turf

Have you ever seen the likes of the points that were scored in that game, unbelievable scores.
What a game.

imtommygunn

Quote from: gallsman on July 17, 2022, 05:16:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2022, 05:13:28 PM

Other than Deegan having nothing for Hegarty, don't think anyone from KK could have done much more. Keoghan a bit disappointing perhaps but Lawlor on Gillane was superb.

That all said, the fact Lynch was missing can't be ignored. Might have been a bit more comfortable for them.

Cody will have seen enough that he'll not be going anywhere I suspect.

Peter Casey too(for a half). Really Mulcahy adds significantly less than rest of forwards.

Law lord best fb about. Butler up there with corner backs though limerick's aren't too shabby. Nash close to poty.

Tony Baloney

Lawlor did a decent number on Gillane today. Thought he was very quiet, but they had enough to spare with Hegarty on his game. #HegoSaysPrego  ???

BrotherMore6592

Croke park have got some time out of Glory Days by the boss this year. Played after every single game.

didlyi

Fair play to both teams. A Great final, up there with 2014.

shantygael

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 17, 2022, 05:12:33 PM
Limerick able to win finals that was theirs to lose. Dublin dominance ended ln football while this Limerick hurling dominance has a few years left yet.
mystic meg
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

marty34

Unreal game.

Cats never give up. Limerick, and Hegarty especially comes good on the big days.

Be hard to pick an All-Star team from that.

Huw Lawlor an under-rated full back.

How many wides had both teams?

imtommygunn

Hf line hegarty Hayes Reid. Fb line Finn, lawlor, Nash. Room for some other teams in other lines.

Blowitupref

Quote from: marty34 on July 17, 2022, 06:35:52 PM
Unreal game.

Cats never give up. Limerick, and Hegarty especially comes good on the big days.

Be hard to pick an All-Star team from that.

Huw Lawlor an under-rated full back.

How many wides had both teams?

From GAA statsman

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Limerick able to win finals that was theirs to lose. Dublin dominance ended ln football while this Limerick hurling dominance has a few years left yet.
Hard to know. Depends what the others do.

seafoid

Cody not used to being bridesmaid.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2022, 06:48:40 PM
Hard to know. Depends what the others do.

Kilkenny couldn't have done much more today, i believe the highest ever score for losing All-Ireland Finalists. The Dublin 6 in row football team in part can thank what others did.

imtommygunn

You just can't make any mistakes at all with Limerick. Reid will be gone soon from KK too. He had a major influence on a lot of KK scores there and will be a very hard act to follow.

I don't know Limerick's average age but I don't think it would be too old.

I do think Galway will be the best placed to topple them but it'll be a while.