Quote from: seafoid on September 19, 2021, 01:02:54 PM
Who do you think will win them?

Last 10 were

Donegal 1
Kerry 1
Tyrone 1
Dublin 7

I reckon (including 2020 & 2021 -- keeping it on the decade boundaries):

Dublin 3 -- Will get it together again, though not with such uninterrupted dominance
Tyrone 3 -- Ain't finished yet
Kerry 2 -- Will find the necessary sporadically despite the habitual waltzing through Munster
Mayo 1 -- Finally nailing that Final performance
Donegal 1 -- Fulfilling potential, despite themselves

Sin é  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 19, 2021, 06:02:31 PM

Last 10 were

Donegal 1
Kerry 1
Tyrone 1
Dublin 7

Dublin 3 -- Will get it together again, though not with such uninterrupted dominance
Kerry 2 -- Will find the necessary sporadically despite the habitual waltzing through Munster

Sin é  ;)

To quote Pat Spillane, 'God bless your optimism'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 19, 2021, 06:02:31 PM

Last 10 were

Donegal 1
Kerry 1
Tyrone 1
Dublin 7

Sin é  ;)

Take away those from Mayo and Donegal and add one Dublin and one to Kerry and that's about right

BennyCake

If the new championship  format becomes like the Super 8's on steroids, then it will only be the likes of Dublin Kerry and Tyrone fit to compete, as they are the only ones with extended squads with enough quality

The likes of Monaghan Roscommon Galway Armagh Kildare etc could beat a big team once, but not 3 or 4 times in the same season, as  that's what will be required to get near to  winning Sam.

You'd like to think the likes of Derry Sligo minors, Offaly u20s coming through in a few years will challenge but the odds are stacked against them

Eire90

so basically the same 3 or 4 teams will be winning it and people will think its great

Itchy

I think Dublin will win 6 or 7 of the next 10. Kerry maybe 2 and 2 go up to ulster, Tyrone and maybe donegal 1 a piece.

Eire90

This new format seems a bit off to me so you only have to win 3 games to win an all Ireland (if you look at it 
separately from league) and some teams in division 1 will not get a chance and some division 4 team will seems like teams are getting punished for being division 1  i would rather them do a 16  team open draw knockout for division 1 and 2 division 3 and 4 can play the tier 2 cup  than this proposed format.Also will there be any point of having  a league final if the all Ireland would now be effectively an extension of the league.

armaghniac

A decade is a long time. For instance, it is not impossible that this years minor champions Meath could build a team that could be in contention at the end of the decade. If Dublin fall back a bit and the likes of Meath can see a good prospect of winning Leinster then they could come back into the top 4 teams. In 1990, would someone have predicted that 10 years later there wouldn't be much between Kerry, Galway and Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

The 90s had 7 different winners. The Dubs and Kerry won 1 each
In order for a repeat the Dubs would need a period of sustained mediocrity 
and Kerry would need to continue their current trend.

Mayo need to start producing forwards.
The big question is whether or not the natural cycle of winning can return.

Or will the Dubs return to suck the oxygen out of the sport ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

The likes of Galway, Derry, Armagh , Meath were  once in a generation teams,  where everything came right together at The same time. 

I don't think it's a case of building a decent team/squad  nowadays to achieve success. It's about building a footballing empire, with top coaches,  up to date. training facilities, all the scientific stuff, development squads, centres of excellence etc etc. and constantly raising enough funding  to sustain all that.

From the Bunker

This is up there with being one of the most pointless threads! Imagine looking to the next 10 Premiership winners or the Next 10 Champions League winners. Or doing the same with the Club championship within your county? Who cares?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 19, 2021, 09:03:16 PM
This is up there with being one of the most pointless threads! Imagine looking to the next 10 Premiership winners or the Next 10 Champions League winners. Or doing the same with the Club championship within your county? Who cares?

Just a piece of pointless nonsense, and probably as meaningful as any other thread at this time of year in fairness, in the National calendar year.  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyCake on September 19, 2021, 08:38:33 PM
The likes of Galway, Derry, Armagh , Meath were  once in a generation teams,  where everything came right together at The same time. 

I don't think it's a case of building a decent team/squad  nowadays to achieve success. It's about building a footballing empire, with top coaches,  up to date. training facilities, all the scientific stuff, development squads, centres of excellence etc etc. and constantly raising enough funding  to sustain all that.

Tbf Meath had two very good teams with almost completely different players not that far apart.

I don't understand Galway. They produce some great talent and that 98/01 team shouldn't have been a once in a generation team but it has been. They are producing some great players now and seem to be getting worse.

The others you are probably right on. (Galway too). Dublin, Kerry and maybe Tyrone will win this decade. Tbh can't see much else.