Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

imtommygunn

The key word there is seemingly though. I would hope that's just a nonsense internet rumour.

trueblue1234

Quote from: yellowcard on August 17, 2021, 09:03:29 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 08:40:49 PM
Yes really though. It is just for people losing the run of themselves on social media pretending to be outraged at something that doesn't impact them in the slightest.

The GAA will not be able to investigate anything as they have absolutely no say on what their members do in their daily lives.

I've stated already that it is each players personal choice whether to take the vaccine or not. That's not the issue. But be prepared to deal with the consequences if there is a squad outbreak. And if Tyrone management voiced their concerns about taking the vaccine to squad members in contravention of generally accepted medical advice then that is absolutely an issue.

The front page of the Irish News today carried a story about a Kilcoo club member who was unvaccinated and in ICU imploring people to get vaccinated. Yet we have some posters on here outlining the risks of the vaccine in the name of county tribalism. If there is any positive to come out of the whole escapade hopefully it helps highlight that the inherent risks of catching Covid and getting ill are substantially higher than getting ill from taking the vaccine. But the medical evidence already existed to support this.

Point of order, the only one outlining the risks of the vaccine is Bennycake. And he isnt from Tyrone. He's from Armagh.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

yellowcard

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 09:14:24 PM
When you say, "be prepared to deal with the consequences if there is a squad break out", what do you mean?

They couldn't field a team for a couple of weeks. That is the consequences. The GAA gave them extra time. They didn't have to but they did so because it suited them to do so.

If the management was concerned about players taking the vaccine and voiced these concerns but allowed players to take it if they wished (and some did), what can the GAA do about that? Nothing.

Tyrone players/management might have done things that you, I and other people think are stupid but there is nothing to investigate as none of it is the business of the GAA.

What I mean is that the competition moves on without you and you should have no complaints. You fail to take steps to reduce the risk then you should accept that there may be consequences.

yellowcard

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 17, 2021, 09:21:55 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 17, 2021, 09:03:29 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 08:40:49 PM
Yes really though. It is just for people losing the run of themselves on social media pretending to be outraged at something that doesn't impact them in the slightest.

The GAA will not be able to investigate anything as they have absolutely no say on what their members do in their daily lives.

I've stated already that it is each players personal choice whether to take the vaccine or not. That's not the issue. But be prepared to deal with the consequences if there is a squad outbreak. And if Tyrone management voiced their concerns about taking the vaccine to squad members in contravention of generally accepted medical advice then that is absolutely an issue.

The front page of the Irish News today carried a story about a Kilcoo club member who was unvaccinated and in ICU imploring people to get vaccinated. Yet we have some posters on here outlining the risks of the vaccine in the name of county tribalism. If there is any positive to come out of the whole escapade hopefully it helps highlight that the inherent risks of catching Covid and getting ill are substantially higher than getting ill from taking the vaccine. But the medical evidence already existed to support this.

Point of order, the only one outlining the risks of the vaccine is Bennycake. And he isnt from Tyrone. He's from Armagh.

🙈🙈 There is obviously another different anti vax agenda at play in that instance.

yellowcard

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 09:48:34 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 17, 2021, 09:44:07 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 17, 2021, 09:14:24 PM
When you say, "be prepared to deal with the consequences if there is a squad break out", what do you mean?

They couldn't field a team for a couple of weeks. That is the consequences. The GAA gave them extra time. They didn't have to but they did so because it suited them to do so.

If the management was concerned about players taking the vaccine and voiced these concerns but allowed players to take it if they wished (and some did), what can the GAA do about that? Nothing.

Tyrone players/management might have done things that you, I and other people think are stupid but there is nothing to investigate as none of it is the business of the GAA.

What I mean is that the competition moves on without you and you should have no complaints. You fail to take steps to reduce the risk then you should accept that there may be consequences.
But the competition didn't move on without them. The GAA didn't want it to. There were no consequences.

I know, Tyrone played a game of chicken and won. But this issue will crop up again at club level in the next few months and administrators will be faced with a conundrum as clubs use the Tyrone case as a reference point.

Unless the GAA can provide some form of clarity as to what, if any, conditions will qualify for a postponement.

ONeill

So, who's marking David Clifford, the other Clifford and Sean O'Shea?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Whishtup

Quote from: ONeill on August 17, 2021, 10:13:30 PM
I'd go hampsey, Meyler, Mcnamee...

trueblue1234

Is there many Kerry posters left on here? Ball Hopper and??? Kerry Mike and Mike Sheehy long gone.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Whishtup on August 17, 2021, 10:17:08 PM

I'd say Meyler will pick up O'Shea, Hampsey on Clifford and McNamee or possibly Mckernan on the other one. I actually think we have got decent match ups for these lads.

Who is going to pick up McCurry, McShane, Donnelly and Canavan?
That was never a square ball!!

Whishtup

Don't forget Mckenna. Feel something big coming from him, especially in Croke.

ck

Was fully supportive of Tyrone getting extra time but that was before I learned that over half the squad have not been double vaccinated. The player in hospital had no vaccine. Surely on that basis the Tyrone management have massive questions to ask?

My own club made sure all players were vaccinated twice over the period of 2 weekends when they didn't have a match. Why could Tyrone not do the same?

Milltown Row2

Be interesting to see the intensity these Covid players, that play, bring to the game and how long they can keep it up.

Friend of mine was saying a girl mid thirties she works with, who plays GAA and netball had caught Covid and the only way she can breath is standing up, she says it's like drowning, was anti vaccine.

Hopefully the team doctors/coach  put these lads through a rigorous fitness test to see if they are able to last a game. Player welfare should be top of their agenda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: ck on August 18, 2021, 09:26:40 AM
Was fully supportive of Tyrone getting extra time but that was before I learned that over half the squad have not been double vaccinated. The player in hospital had no vaccine. Surely on that basis the Tyrone management have massive questions to ask?

My own club made sure all players were vaccinated twice over the period of 2 weekends when they didn't have a match. Why could Tyrone not do the same?

Your club made everyone get the vaccine?

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 17, 2021, 10:43:13 PM

I'd say Meyler will pick up O'Shea, Hampsey on Clifford and McNamee or possibly Mckernan on the other one. I actually think we have got decent match ups for these lads.

Never mind McShane or McCurry.

Whos going to track Morgan?

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 18, 2021, 11:06:51 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 17, 2021, 10:43:13 PM

Never mind McShane or McCurry.

Whos going to track Morgan?

Whoever's going to track him should have a chat with Paddy Andrews.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8