Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

trueblue1234

Quote from: thewobbler on August 23, 2021, 12:43:48 PM
If Tyrone don't put in a big performance, then what on earth was the point in postponing the match?

It has been moved to give them a chance. That's the only reason why. If people can't get their heads around this then they shouldn't be allowed to speak.
Some people want to ensure they can have a moan either way. If Tyrone flop, what was the point in delaying for an extra week and holding things up. If they do well, they were obviously fabricating the COVID stories. You'd nearly think some had an agenda.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 23, 2021, 12:43:48 PM
If Tyrone don't put in a big performance, then what on earth was the point in postponing the match?

It has been moved to give them a chance. That's the only reason why. If people can't get their heads around this then they shouldn't be allowed to speak.

Well, it was postponed for a week, then that wasn't enough so another two weeks, that's 3 weeks and based on over 20 players having covid then I'd say that wasn't near enough time if believing what the Tyrone camp were saying.

Lets hope they don't put some lad on who's not full recovered, player welfare and all that

No, it was moved a week, then another week. Not another two weeks.

tyrone08

Tyrone are in a difficult position. If they lose after the extra weeks rest then it will be said that they are just not good enough.

If they win then they will be accused of using covid as an excuse to get extra time.

RedHand88

Milltown Row2

From a neutral point of view, with not a care in the world who wins the game, I just find it difficult that 20 players will be physically up to a championship level if they have been isolating or coming down with some symptoms of covid..

Was handy that they got covid at the semifinal stage and not before it, as there was no rule to have and extension due to covid problems
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone08

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 01:26:23 PM
From a neutral point of view, with not a care in the world who wins the game, I just find it difficult that 20 players will be physically up to a championship level if they have been isolating or coming down with some symptoms of covid..

Was handy that they got covid at the semifinal stage and not before it, as there was no rule to have and extension due to covid problems

Wasn't that handy as they had covid in the ulster final

lenny

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 23, 2021, 01:42:02 PM

Heard from an ex Tyrone player that McShane, canavan and McKenna are well over their injuries now and are flying in training. Handy that extra 2 weeks.

Cobra

Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2021, 02:44:29 PM

Heard from an ex Tyrone player that McShane, canavan and McKenna are well over their injuries now and are flying in training. Handy that extra 2 weeks.

Crucial that Canavan got the extra week.

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on August 23, 2021, 02:44:29 PM

You never answered my question about where you got the following information.

Quote from: lenny on August 17, 2021, 05:36:30 PM

Agree with that. My understanding is that the tyrone players affected were not vaccinated.

The reason I ask, is that I know for a fact first hand it's untrue so keen to hear of your source?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Dire Ear

Don't really think that you are neutral though MR!!

RedHand88

They were missing 5 players for the Ulster final. So no. It wasn't really handy.

In hiding

Is there a game happening on Saturday ?

Jayop

Quote from: In hiding on August 23, 2021, 06:01:33 PM

There sure is. I'm really looking forward to Saturday now with the minor game on and the semi final. Great day for Tyrone GAA.

As for Tyrone's chances, let's be honest they were never great. Kerry gave us a hiding in the league and while I don't think we were ever in danger of that being repeated we were always going in as heavy underdogs. This covid situation has been a nightmare for everyone involved, Kerry (fair play to them for being accommodating) having to wait so long since the Munster final and Tyrone for the fact that training has been totally disrupted and there's a chance boys might not be at 100%, although that's of set to some degree by the fact other lads like McKenna and McShane have had more time to get up to speed.

This is the first year I can remember watching Tyrone where I can honestly say we've had the rub of the green from refs in all the games. Obviously a few big decisions have gone against us but that happens and on balance I think we've had more go for us. We're absolutely going to need that to continue to happen this weekend for us to have any chance at all. I'm worried Gough will be overly fussy about our defending and be card happy. We're screwed if so, hard enough to compete with Kerry with 15 men on the field, we can't afford any black or red cards at any point.

Do Tyrone have a chance? Of course they do. On their day they are more than capable of beating a fancied Kerry team. In 2008 we were total outsiders and we were facing a massive threat from brilliant Kerry forwards. We managed to nullify them then and it's possible it can happen. Tyrone do have to firepower to cause Kerry serious problems too if they can keep solid at the back. We just need to get plenty of really good quick ball in and perhaps for once we can not butcher every goal chance we get.

Not having beat a Kerry, Dublin or Mayo team since 2008 is a big monkey to shake off our back. It's a tall order but can be done.

Prediction

Kerry to be about 5 up at half time, Tyrone to come back at them but someone to make an idiotic challenge and get a black or red then Kerry to pull up comfortably in the end. I hope I'm wrong!!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 23, 2021, 04:11:35 PM

They were missing 5 players for the Ulster final. So no. It wasn't really handy.

Yes I'm having a jovial dig here .

But if Tyrone had have called Covid as a reason to not play the ulster final or ask for an extension then there wasn't mechanism in place to allow that, so the cynic is thinking maybe they just thought we've enough to beat Monaghan with these 5 missing ( not all starters mind you) then we'll ask for it at the semifinal stage?

Bitta Kerry  'hourism' ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Jayop on August 23, 2021, 06:16:13 PM
Quote from: In hiding on August 23, 2021, 06:01:33 PM

There sure is. I'm really looking forward to Saturday now with the minor game on and the semi final. Great day for Tyrone GAA.

As for Tyrone's chances, let's be honest they were never great. Kerry gave us a hiding in the league and while I don't think we were ever in danger of that being repeated we were always going in as heavy underdogs. This covid situation has been a nightmare for everyone involved, Kerry (fair play to them for being accommodating) having to wait so long since the Munster final and Tyrone for the fact that training has been totally disrupted and there's a chance boys might not be at 100%, although that's of set to some degree by the fact other lads like McKenna and McShane have had more time to get up to speed.

This is the first year I can remember watching Tyrone where I can honestly say we've had the rub of the green from refs in all the games. Obviously a few big decisions have gone against us but that happens and on balance I think we've had more go for us. We're absolutely going to need that to continue to happen this weekend for us to have any chance at all. I'm worried Gough will be overly fussy about our defending and be card happy. We're screwed if so, hard enough to compete with Kerry with 15 men on the field, we can't afford any black or red cards at any point.

Do Tyrone have a chance? Of course they do. On their day they are more than capable of beating a fancied Kerry team. In 2008 we were total outsiders and we were facing a massive threat from brilliant Kerry forwards. We managed to nullify them then and it's possible it can happen. Tyrone do have to firepower to cause Kerry serious problems too if they can keep solid at the back. We just need to get plenty of really good quick ball in and perhaps for once we can not butcher every goal chance we get.

Not having beat a Kerry, Dublin or Mayo team since 2008 is a big monkey to shake off our back. It's a tall order but can be done.

Prediction

Kerry to be about 5 up at half time, Tyrone to come back at them but someone to make an idiotic challenge and get a black or red then Kerry to pull up comfortably in the end. I hope I'm wrong!!!!

Coldrick reffing