Leinster Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by Rossfan, June 25, 2021, 05:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Kildare were poor v Offaly last year but we have a small bit of momentum and more speed up front, so summer football should be an advantage compared to last year. Although it was speed of thought that Offaly had us on in that game.

There are a few niggles being nursed with Daniel Flynn missing the Meath game and Jimmy Hyland plus Kevin Feely going off injured but the word is good on them. Although Flynn was meant to be getting game time v Meath but there was no sign.

I would hope for a decent win and another Meath v Kildare game would be a bit of craic IF we both get through.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Shamrock Shore

500 can now be in Navan on Sunday.

That's good news.

We can get the Longford Brass Band in now to whip up a frenzy throughout the match.

thejuice

Probable Meath starting 15 at the weekend. No news on Keoghan and Mentons injuries.

A Colgan

S Lavin - R Ryan - C Hickey
J McEntee-S McEntee- F Reilly

E Devine - P Harnan

J Scully - B McMahon - M Costello
J Morris - T O'Reilliy - C O'Sullivan

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Shamrock Shore

Lads

Meath are 10/1 on with Longford at 7s on PP

If you had a few bob left over from holidaying local I would slap a ton on Longford.

I have that feeling in me waters that a semi-shock is on the cards.

Rossfan

A semi shock as in ye might half win or that Longford batin Meath wouldn't be much of a surprise.
Anyway best of luck to our nicest neighbours.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Rossfan on July 02, 2021, 11:09:44 AM
A semi shock as in ye might half win or that Longford batin Meath wouldn't be much of a surprise.
Anyway best of luck to our nicest neighbours.

Ah thanks Rossfan. I think when the opposition is 10/1 on then to go agin the bookies would be at least a semi-shock.

I can see ye boys beating Galway.......good luck anyway

#handsacrosstheshannon

thejuice

I think we're 1/10 not 10/1. Any way I don't we're that much of certainty with the injuries and suspensions.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Shamrock Shore

Did say 10/1 on

Meath would be 10/1 facing Dubs.

If any of ye Meath boys are feeling lucky put €500 on a win and invest the winnings here

https://clublongford.ie/raffle-contest/

thejuice

I wasn't far off my team.

Here's the starting line up. Keoghan and Menton on the bench.

Andy Colgan;

Seamus Lavin, Ronan Ryan, Eoin Harkin;
Cathal Hickey, Shane McEntee, Fionn Reilly;

Ethan devine, Padraic Harnan;

Cillian o'Sullivan, Bryan McMahon, Mathew Costello;
Jordan Morris, Michael Newman, Thomas O'Reilly.

Subs - Harry Hogan, DonalKeogan, Jordan Muldoon, James McEntee, Jack O'Connor, Joey Wallace, James Conlon, Eamon Wallace, Bryan Menton, Jason Scully, Darragh Campion.

MayoBuck

Dublin poor enough against Wexford in the first half, 6 points to 3. Robbie McDaid looks like he dislocated his shoulder.

From the Bunker

Quote from: MayoBuck on July 04, 2021, 04:11:58 PM
Dublin poor enough against Wexford in the first half, 6 points to 3. Robbie McDaid looks like he dislocated his shoulder.

Ah, the unfamiliarity of an away fixture.

macker15

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 04, 2021, 04:48:47 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on July 04, 2021, 04:11:58 PM

Ah, the unfamiliarity of an away fixture.

The Jackeens are in decline. Kerry v Mayo final.

Captain Obvious

Fair play to Wexford for a competitive performance against the Dubs. I was half tempted to place money on Longford with the way Shamrock Shore was talking up his team chances, glad I didn't.

Blowitupref

Leinster semi final draw

Dublin v Meath
Kildare v Westmeath
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Shamrock Shore

Ouch

That was painful. Half a cup of Meath were very good and half a cup of Longford were very bad.

Some marginal calls went against Longford but dems the breaks.

Meath for Sam on that performance.