U20 All Ireland football championship 2021

Started by Blowitupref, February 03, 2020, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2021, 08:14:38 PM
HT , Monaghan are 2 points to the good but Down have missed about 5 pointable chances as well the ref has made some strange decisions, how McGovern nr 12 for Down did not get a 20m free beats me.
Monaghan denied a peno there for a jersey pull. Down goal game from a forward mark that the player put his arm up for but then didnt take. Surely you can't be allowed to do that

Nanderson

Quote from: straightred on July 30, 2021, 08:42:08 PM
HT , Monaghan are 2 points to the good but Down have missed about 5 pointable chances as well the ref has made some strange decisions, how McGovern nr 12 for Down did not get a 20m free beats me.
Monaghan denied a peno there for a jersey pull. Down goal game from a forward mark that the player put his arm up for but then didnt take. Surely you can't be allowed to do that
there is no mark from a dead ball. ref was right to play on

straightred

Quote from: Nanderson on July 30, 2021, 08:51:21 PM
ok... doesn't excuse the missed jersey pull. Its was obvious

Blowitupref

Down 2-11 Monaghan 1-14. Extra to be played.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

straightred

Both teams had chances. Down have had some terrible wides. Monghan wasted a lot too but its been a great battle

Main Street

Quality fielding in the Down dna. Monaghan accuracy  coupled with Down wastefulness is the leveler.

SHEEDY

Down missed some chances in that 2ndhalf. Kept monaghan in it. Those 2 missed frees were criminal.
nil satis nisi optimum

straightred

Jones for Monaghan has had some game. One to watch for the future

Main Street

Quote from: straightred on July 30, 2021, 09:01:06 PM
Jones for Monaghan has had some game. One to watch for the future
I hope he's fit enough to play out ET. It looks like he's carrying an injury.

straightred

i wish my irish was better but i think they're saying the ref got it wrong

Schkite

Some good forwards came through in this group. Aaron Mulligan would be there too if he wasn't playing centre forward tomorrow.

BennyCake

Main Street

Blowitupref

Down 2-13 Monaghan 1-14. Just two scores in the first period of extra time and both for Down
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

straightred

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 30, 2021, 09:20:42 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 30, 2021, 09:11:57 PM
Quote from: straightred on July 30, 2021, 09:05:54 PM
i wish my irish was better but i think they're saying the ref got it wrong
They are but they are in fact wrong. This is the definition of a mark in the rule book:

To catch the ball cleanly from a Kick-Out without it touching the ground, on or past the 45m line nearest the Kick-Out point.
or
To catch the ball cleanly on or
inside a 45m line from a kick
in play (i.e. not from set-play)
delivered by an attacking player on or beyond the opposing team's 45m line, that travels
at least 20m and without it touching the ground.

They've realised now.
Another reason to hate the mark then. You can claim it even if you aren't entitled to it ?

Monaghan out on their feet now.