Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

That was a great Ipswich team.
Osman and Butcher centre halves. Midfield of Muhren, Thijssen, Gates and Wark. With Mariner and Brazil up front. Won the UEFA Cup, twice came very close to winning the league pipped by Liverpool and Villa. The latter is really the one that got away. 

Does have to be said that Mariner and Brazil were both shite when they left Portman Road, but they were super for Ipswich

Jim Bob

Alan Hunter from Sion Mills was part of that team too..

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Hound on July 10, 2021, 06:10:35 PM
Osman and Butcher centre halves. Midfield of Muhren, Thijssen, Gates and Wark. With Mariner and Brazil up front. Won the UEFA Cup, twice came very close to winning the league pipped by Liverpool and Villa. The latter is really the one that got away. 

Does have to be said that Mariner and Brazil were both shite when they left Portman Road, but they were super for Ipswich

Cooper in nets and Mick Mills too. They say yer man Kevin Beattie was the best of the lot tho not sure where fitted in, think it was midfield

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 10, 2021, 06:47:33 PM

Cooper in nets and Mick Mills too. They say yer man Kevin Beattie was the best of the lot tho not sure where fitted in, think it was midfield

Osman got to play along with Pele and Ossie Ardilles in later times
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ziggy90

Kevin Beattie was a fantastic footballer. He mainly played at Centre Half as far as I remember.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Denn Forever

Cooper was the Oige Moran of soccer, i.e his physical statue was not what you'd expect for the position he played.  Both were less than 6' feet tall.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Armamike

Quote from: ziggy90 on July 12, 2021, 08:29:51 PM

Kevin Beattie was a fantastic footballer. He mainly played at Centre Half as far as I remember.

Beattie was seen as the next big thing in England but injuries plagued him from a very early stage. Ipswich were a very strong team. Probably the best team not to win the first division.
That's just, like your opinion man.

red hander

Quote from: Armamike on July 13, 2021, 12:19:14 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on July 12, 2021, 08:29:51 PM

Beattie was seen as the next big thing in England but injuries plagued him from a very early stage. Ipswich were a very strong team. Probably the best team not to win the first division.

QPR team of mid 70s another one.

Dire Ear

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 10, 2021, 01:18:44 PM
Ipswich had a great team from the odd clip ive seen and some of my earliest football memories. As a pool supporter i grew up looking out for Ipswich and Forest results....times have changed just a bit....

Bristol City as well ,  or am I imagining that!

Orior

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 13, 2021, 02:36:42 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 10, 2021, 01:18:44 PM
Ipswich had a great team from the odd clip ive seen and some of my earliest football memories. As a pool supporter i grew up looking out for Ipswich and Forest results....times have changed just a bit....

Bristol City as well ,  or am I imagining that!

And Coventry.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

quit yo jibbajabba

Bristol City and Coventry may have been Div1 teams as it was back then but never really challenged in my memory. Coventry did hammer Liverpool 4 0 83ish if i recall and facup then in 87 but never challenged in the League.

The brown Coventry away top from the 70s is however the stuff of legends 😎😃

mrdeeds

Andy Fordham the Viking.

Capt Pat

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 15, 2021, 05:10:23 PM
Andy Fordham the Viking.

He made it to 59 in the end. He had a very unhealthy lifestyle with the booze.

Boycey

Brendan Og Duffy captain of Monaghan U20 footballer s killed in a car accident on his way home from last nights Ulster semi final victory over Donegal. Shows ya how fragile life is to go from such a high to utter tragedy in a couple of hours.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on July 17, 2021, 10:11:51 AM
Brendan Og Duffy captain of Monaghan U20 footballer s killed in a car accident on his way home from last nights Ulster semi final victory over Donegal. Shows ya how fragile life is to go from such a high to utter tragedy in a couple of hours.

That's just awful... horrible that life is taken so quickly.. prayers for his whole family, friends and his club mates at the his local club..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea