Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on July 29, 2021, 03:53:25 PM
Quote from: restorepride on July 29, 2021, 01:02:22 AM
Forget Joe.  In terms of analysis, Martin Clarke is really excellent.  Great football knowledge with no side-show.

I would agree with that. Marty Clarke and Oisín are probably my two favourite pundits at the minute.
And Oisín is much better in the pundit role than co-commentating. The last person you'd want in the pundit chair alongside those two would be Brolly.

thewobbler

Whelan is GAA punditry's equivalent of Rio Ferdinand. A cheerleader for the Dubs, who offers no insight and hasn't the interest or acumen to do research on any other team.

trailer

Quote from: ck on July 29, 2021, 06:10:20 PM
I think RTE need Joe back. The analysis each week is stale, sterile and dull. I would also suggest that it appears to be very scripted.
I agree that Joe has become a parody of himself but he most certainly gives a reason to tune in a HT, knows the game and is entertaining. At the moment I go put the kettle on and wait for the 2nd half to start.

Cora Staunton and Ciaran Whelan deliver zero additional insight and are a bore fest. PC gone mad.

Dead on Joe. We'll tell the Director General.

StPatsAbu

I think RTE need Joe back. The analysis each week is stale, sterile and dull. I would also suggest that it appears to be very scripted.
I agree that Joe has become a parody of himself but he most certainly gives a reason to tune in a HT, knows the game and is entertaining. At the moment I go put the kettle on and wait for the 2nd half to start.

Cora Staunton and Ciaran Whelan deliver zero additional insight and are a bore fest. PC gone mad.
A complete knob-end who made his name by slating players' and managers' character and values while sleazing around strip clubs himself.

tbrick18

100% agree.
I think Joanne Cantwell is awful too. She may be knowledgable, but god she'd bore you to tears.
Cooper and O'Se I think are good when they are on.
But there's no comparison to Brolly/Spillane/O'Rourke. You'd tune in just to hear them.

Marty Clarke is the best of the bbc bunch. I don't like McConnville/McHugh/Harte. Though in saying that, I'd listen to Harte more to get an idea of how he thinks about the game in general terms rather than in game analysis.

TabClear

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 03, 2021, 04:10:02 PM

100% agree.
I think Joanne Cantwell is awful too. She may be knowledgable, but god she'd bore you to tears.
Cooper and O'Se I think are good when they are on.
But there's no comparison to Brolly/Spillane/O'Rourke. You'd tune in just to hear them.

Marty Clarke is the best of the bbc bunch. I don't like McConnville/McHugh/Harte. Though in saying that, I'd listen to Harte more to get an idea of how he thinks about the game in general terms rather than in game analysis.

As long as he is not talking about hawkeye...

Estimator

Irish News has a two part interview with himself this week.
Part One in today's paper.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Bord na Mona man

The problem is, you can have analysis, or you can have entertainment. It's hard to get both.

Gaagaagaa20

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 20, 2021, 01:46:39 PM
The problem is, you can have analysis, or you can have entertainment. It's hard to get both.
You are on the money, absolutely correct

From the Bunker

Joe Broly married Mayo and Knockmore woman Laurita Blewitt (3rd Cousin of Joe Biden) in an intimate ceremony in Mayo today.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 06, 2022, 07:20:33 PM
Joe Broly married Mayo and Knockmore woman Laurita Blewitt (3rd Cousin of Joe Biden) in an intimate ceremony in Mayo today.

Was Joe married before?

seafoid

Stage 1 of the Mayo Scoring Forwards Project
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

quit yo jibbajabba

Thats the end of the tittie bars for the forseeable

Rudi

Unfortunate name of bride & maybe for Mayo footballers too. ;D

screenexile

Didn't realise it was your one from the Podcasts... fair play to them!!