The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Don't know what the stats are but would think Liverpool are always a bit more open and prone to conceding when Fabinho's not playing.  Never saw the match but it sounded like Brighton had more than enough chances.
That's just, like your opinion man.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Armamike on October 30, 2021, 08:38:21 PM
Don't know what the stats are but would think Liverpool are always a bit more open and prone to conceding when Fabinho's not playing.  Never saw the match but it sounded like Brighton had more than enough chances.

Brighton certainly deserved their point, but at the same time were maybe lucky not to go 3-0 down and that would have been game over.
The disappointing thing from a Liverpool point of view was they never looked like winning it when it went to 2-2, if anything Brighton looked the more likely to nick it.
Fabinho is a huge loss in these games when you want to control things and kill off the opposition.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

dec

Liverpool XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Henderson, Fabinho, Salah, Jota, Mane.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Thiago, Firmino, Konate, Origi, Minamino, Robertson, Phillips, Morton.

laoislad

So far so good! Two goal leads can be dangerous though!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Jeez the ref letting these Atletico boys, who's boss!

laoislad

Well that was comfortable. Top of the group secured. Can rest players now for the remaining games.
Second half was like the second half at Old Trafford a glorified training match.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Really good performance. Bossed that, even putting the bizarre sending off aside.
Best performance from Ox for a while and Henderson much better too.
Potential Firmino injury the only downside.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Saffronaldo

Atletico looked a pale imitation of the side from a few years ago, but still a good result for Liverpool, especially given their defensive limitations.

Big boost to be able to forget about Europe and focus on the League for a while.

brokencrossbar1

Satisfactory win. Hope the injuries are minor enough but with the international break coming up it may not be too bad. Defensively better than we have been and a clean sheet against these shithouses is always welcome. Fab is so integral to how we play and when he doesn't it shows. Winning the group eases pressure for the build up to a busy Christmas period.

Up front Salah gets all the plaudits but the thing is the other 3 don't half put in a shift no matter which of them plays. Mane had some first half, Jota never stops. Bobby will be a miss if he is out for a period hence why the international break may work in our favour. Not even a 3rd of the way through the season and between the 4 of them they have scores 34 goals in all competitions. Replicate that over the season and there's gonna be a fun 6-8 months.

WH at the weekend will be tough but a win to sign off would be a lovely booster.

J70

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 04, 2021, 09:31:48 AM
Really good performance. Bossed that, even putting the bizarre sending off aside.

I thought it was a very harsh red card at the time, but seeing the replays, completely justified IMO. He made no attempt to play the ball and raked his studs down the back of Mane's leg. Could have seriously hurt him.

There should be more red cards for that type of foul.

Atletico are a nasty shower of a team.

Which I'll have to remember next time I'm glad someone other than Real or Barca win something in Spain!

Saffronaldo

I thought it was a harsh enough red the way most games are refereed, but at the same time I'd like to see it be consistently given as a red if that makes sense.

It was cynical and dangerous, but would normally expect to see a yellow for it. The problem is if it happens next week another ref will give a yellow and the inconsistency leads to more problems.

Main Street

It was a cynical deliberate collision  but if the ref had just given Felipe a yellow card do you think VAR have asked the ref review the incident? I doubt it.
In any case, Felipe's disrespect shown to ref after the incident in itself was worth more than a yellow.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on November 04, 2021, 12:44:56 PM
It was a cynical deliberate collision  but if the ref had just given Felipe a yellow card do you think VAR have asked the ref review the incident? I doubt it.
In any case, Felipe's disrespect shown to ref after the incident in itself was worth more than a yellow.

I also doubt if it would have been reviewed. Most interpretations would be have been yellow for a cynical trip nowhere close to a goal-scoring chance. But I think the referee viewing it instead as serious foul play was perfectly justifiable. Hopefully more follow his lead.

Hound

Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2021, 12:00:56 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 04, 2021, 09:31:48 AM

I thought it was a very harsh red card at the time, but seeing the replays, completely justified IMO. He made no attempt to play the ball and raked his studs down the back of Mane's leg. Could have seriously hurt him.

There should be more red cards for that type of foul.

Atletico are a nasty shower of a team.

Which I'll have to remember next time I'm glad someone other than Real or Barca win something in Spain!
Presumably we'll be playing our Caraboa Cup team in the next 2 games, so a chance for Porto or Milan to knock Atletico out, which would not sadden me.
(conversely, should allow us to play our CL team in the Caraboa Cup, now we're into the business end of it)

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on November 04, 2021, 03:14:55 PM
Presumably we'll be playing our Caraboa Cup team in the next 2 games, so a chance for Porto or Milan to knock Atletico out, which would not sadden me.
(conversely, should allow us to play our CL team in the Caraboa Cup, now we're into the business end of it)

I don't know, Klopp sees the League Cup as an annoyance. The Quarter Final is the 22nd of December, just before the congested Christmas fixtures. I think he'll take his chances with the lesser lights. If we fall into the semi-final, he might take it serious.