Cork V Tyrone NFL

Started by never kickt a ball, February 20, 2007, 10:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Anyone know when Ardboe are playing in the Ulster SFL, apparently Brian McGuigan will be playing his first game back before joining hte Tyrone squad on their trip.
They are playing some Monaghan team

Kerry Mike

C'mon Cork, no that does not sound great.

C'mon Tyrone, ah jaysus thats worse.

Feck it who cares. C'mon the referee.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

timmykelleher

Surely Sexton will play as a half back swapping with Lynch?

I have my doubts about Hurley in midfield. For a big man he never seems to win much clean ball. Also he wouldn't be the most mobile of midfielders and might struggle against a team that plays the short passing game. Of course these views are based on a very limited viewing. Can any of the new Cork posters confirm this?

Oneill asked about the corner forwards... Were you not watching Cork's march to the McGrath cup/ Munster double last year? Masters likes to be handed the ball. Neither having the physique or the speed to win his own ball. When he gets it, if he is given an inch on his left he can swing it over from the right hand corner flag. Can not kick with the right. Entrusted with the free taking, he can have good days but 45s are outside his range.

Kevin O'Sullivan has been knocking on the door for a while now racking up scores for his club and the Cork juniors. He's big enough but seems to struggle at this level.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

reddgnhand

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 23, 2007, 04:49:15 PM
C'mon Cork, no that does not sound great.

C'mon Tyrone, ah jaysus thats worse.

Feck it who cares. C'mon the referee.

Anything coming out of a Kerry mouth doesnt sound great. ;) 

ONeill

Quote from: timmykelleher on February 23, 2007, 05:03:41 PM

Oneill asked about the corner forwards... Were you not watching Cork's march to the McGrath cup/ Munster double last year? Masters likes to be handed the ball. Neither having the physique or the speed to win his own ball. When he gets it, if he is given an inch on his left he can swing it over from the right hand corner flag. Can not kick with the right. Entrusted with the free taking, he can have good days but 45s are outside his range.

Kevin O'Sullivan has been knocking on the door for a while now racking up scores for his club and the Cork juniors. He's big enough but seems to struggle at this level.

Yes, but I was wondering how the rebels themselves saw Masters. He did seem to be a man on form for the majority of last year, esp against Kerry, until it came to the crunch. Is it true he was courted by the American footbal?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

loughshore lad

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 23, 2007, 04:48:19 PM
Anyone know when Ardboe are playing in the Ulster SFL, apparently Brian McGuigan will be playing his first game back before joining hte Tyrone squad on their trip.
They are playing some Monaghan team

Brian played for 15 minutes last night and looked pretty sharp - hopefully this will see him gradually return to action

tyssam5

2nd minute point from Cavanagh after Crork gol chance blocked.
5th min. Lynch point
1-1

Baile an tuaigh

Anybody got a radio link to the game?

tyssam5

2-1 Cork 8 mins -  Masters free

tyssam5

Tyrone's should have had a goal. Mulligan shot saved.

tyssam5

tyssam5

Poor game on poor surface. Scrappy, loads of 'turn-overs' and wides. Still 2-2

tyssam5

O'Sullivan fist-passed point after McConnel save 3-2 21 mins

tyssam5

4-2 Masters 23mins. Shields doing well on SON.

tyssam5

5-2 26 mins Spillane.
Mulgrew getting through some good work in dooher type role, but a few dodgy passes.