China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Angelo on March 17, 2021, 06:11:44 PM
Guys.

What do we make of Israel?

9.5m vaccine doses given.
60% of the entire population has received at least one dose. That probably is up in the 70% mark for the adult population.
Yet the daily cases are still staying quite stubbornly high. The 7 day moving average is about 2k daily cases.
The vaccine was sold to us as the solution but what happens if it's not as impactful as we were promised.

I know you can make the argument that it's early doors yet but I really thought that type of coverage would have made a much more impactful presence on the number of cases and transmission rates.
Incidence rates are reported as down massively in the vaccinated population.

Prof Yeheskel Levy, the director of the Israeli health ministry, said the impact of vaccination had been profound. "Incidence rates in the fully vaccinated population have massively dropped compared to the unvaccinated population, showing a marked decline in hospitalised cases due to Covid-19," he said.

"This clearly demonstrates the power of the Covid-19 vaccine to fight this virus and encourages us to continue even more intensively with our vaccination campaign. We aim to achieve even higher uptake in people of all ages, which gives us hope of regaining normal economic and social function in the not-so-distant future."

Angelo

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 17, 2021, 06:40:22 PM
Guys.

60% of the entire population has received at least one dose. That probably is up in the 70% mark for the adult population.
Yet the daily cases are still staying quite stubbornly high. The 7 day moving average is about 2k daily cases.
The vaccine was sold to us as the solution but what happens if it's not as impactful as we were promised.

I know you can make the argument that it's early doors yet but I really thought that type of coverage would have made a much more impactful presence on the number of cases and transmission rates.

Prof Yeheskel Levy, the director of the Israeli health ministry, said the impact of vaccination had been profound. "Incidence rates in the fully vaccinated population have massively dropped compared to the unvaccinated population, showing a marked decline in hospitalised cases due to Covid-19," he said.

"This clearly demonstrates the power of the Covid-19 vaccine to fight this virus and encourages us to continue even more intensively with our vaccination campaign. We aim to achieve even higher uptake in people of all ages, which gives us hope of regaining normal economic and social function in the not-so-distant future."

But you're probably looking at a 3m population who do not have any vaccination protection as of present. You're still hitting 2k daily cases in that 3m population. Israel has recorded 800k positive cases to date. It's probably logical to say that maybe 200k of that 3m should have immunity too. It just seems a lot higher than you would expect if the vaccine was as successful as claimed.

I appreciate it's still early doors but when you consider the transmission levels we had last summer which were very low with a lot less restrictions and no vaccine in sight I would say that I expected those figures to have made a much bigger impact so far.

Going by the data available Israel are currently hitting close to 100k vaccines a day, so by this time next month should have another 3m doses given and pretty much have whoever wants a vaccine more or less done. If the cases by this time next month have not dropped to something like 200-300 a day then it should be a real cause for concern.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Despite illegally occupying the West Bank it became a Separate State when vaccines were being administered.
Only the 90k Palestinians who work in Israel got vaccinated.
UN supplying the Palestinians now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 17, 2021, 06:50:23 PM
Guys.

But you're probably looking at a 3m population who do not have any vaccination protection as of present. You're still hitting 2k daily cases in that 3m population. Israel has recorded 800k positive cases to date. It's probably logical to say that maybe 200k of that 3m should have immunity too. It just seems a lot higher than you would expect if the vaccine was as successful as claimed.

I appreciate it's still early doors but when you consider the transmission levels we had last summer which were very low with a lot less restrictions and no vaccine in sight I would say that I expected those figures to have made a much bigger impact so far.

Going by the data available Israel are currently hitting close to 100k vaccines a day, so by this time next month should have another 3m doses given and pretty much have whoever wants a vaccine more or less done. If the cases by this time next month have not dropped to something like 200-300 a day then it should be a real cause for concern.

Which country are you concerned with? It changes by the post! Look at where you live and look at the data it's got, if it's good then brilliant, if it's not the question it.

You've  posted before about only being concerned about where you live. If we look worldwide we can find an argument to suit whatever agenda you want to push
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2021, 07:52:43 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 17, 2021, 06:50:23 PM
Guys.

Which country are you concerned with? It changes by the post! Look at where you live and look at the data it's got, if it's good then brilliant, if it's not the question it.

You've  posted before about only being concerned about where you live. If we look worldwide we can find an argument to suit whatever agenda you want to push

Israel will be the case study for the vaccine and how effective it truly is. They are highly like to have their vaccine rollout effectively complete by Mid April.

So they are base to assess where we are all going here.

Milltown Row2

Uk had 25 million people with at least one vaccine, by July they'll have all adults available to have the vaccine. That'll be the (for me) the yardstick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2021, 09:51:39 PM
Uk had 25 million people with at least one vaccine, by July they'll have all adults available to have the vaccine. That'll be the (for me) the yardstick

Israel will be three months ahead of that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 17, 2021, 09:52:37 PM

Would that satisfy your views that if they are successful and opened up that you'll accept the big pharma companies got it right

armaghniac

The UK has always been the centre of your universe.
We'll be using a metre stick.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2021, 09:56:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 17, 2021, 09:52:37 PM

Would that satisfy your views that if they are successful and opened up that you'll accept the big pharma companies got it right

Hopefully.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 17, 2021, 09:56:45 PM

You don't get it? in all the debates in the past in terms of numbers Angelo used uk data, now he's using Israel, you don't find that strange? But sure the UK is centre of my universe ?

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2021, 10:12:31 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 17, 2021, 09:56:45 PM

You don't get it? in all the debates in the past in terms of numbers Angelo used uk data, now he's using Israel, you don't find that strange? But sure the UK is centre of my universe ?

I don't think you get the fact that Israel will be the first country that will have completed their vaccination program so they are the case study for this.

Smurfy123

Realistically in terms of numbers the wee 6 is not going to get any better
150 cases per day and 0-2 deaths per day
I really can't see things getting any better
Cases has bottomed out at that and with the reopening happening soon it could rise to 300 per day
Would that be a reasonable number to continue life?
The big difference now and last year is the vaccine
People go on about lockdowns being applied again in many European countries but those same European countries will continue with outdoor dining and drinking
Milly all indications here is that it's some kind of seasonal thing. If it wasn't seasonal why are they experts telling us some kind of small lockdowns will be applied again in November? Can you explain that one

Milltown Row2

Seasonal as in weather? Explain Brazil India all those countries like South Africa that, weather or seasonal wise is better than here and they have high numbers all year round?

Once the kids go back and they carry out the testing in schools the numbers will rise smackhead, hopefully it won't rise to much to put the stages back.

The numbers are down now because we've been 'caged' up for over 80 days and the vaccine is going to reduce the hospital admissions, having seen how well the lockdown worked in reducing other seasonal illnesses then surely it would make good sense to have a mini lockdown.

If no lockdowns we'll need a booster to help with any mutations of this virus.

Europe already arranging vaccine passports, ferry companies demanding them also before cruises allow passengers on. This is positive

Mario

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 07:54:06 AM
Seasonal as in weather? Explain Brazil India all those countries like South Africa that, weather or seasonal wise is better than here and they have high numbers all year round?

Once the kids go back and they carry out the testing in schools the numbers will rise smackhead, hopefully it won't rise to much to put the stages back.

The numbers are down now because we've been 'caged' up for over 80 days and the vaccine is going to reduce the hospital admissions, having seen how well the lockdown worked in reducing other seasonal illnesses then surely it would mss as Ke good sense to have a mini lockdown.

If no lockdowns we'll need a booster to help with any mutations of this virus.

Europe already arranging vaccine passports, ferry companies demanding them also before cruises allow passengers on. This is positive
I thought Brazil and Indias numbers were quite low when adjusted for population. Brazil is 25th on deaths per 100k with a president that didn't believe in lockdown. India are 118th, I accept testing and record keeping might not be great but if it was a significant number it wouldn't go unnoticed like it is now. Climate has to be a driver here