Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

The founding fathers of the GAA set up the association to promote Irish culture and pastimes . We have clubs in our county who forget about the true ethos of the GAA and we need to get back to our roots, if you think i am backward Yewtree then one of us is a member of the wrong association. BTW I do not even think you are a member of a club, you are one of these yaps who begrudge everything and give out, while looking in instead of looking out. #Tool

snoopdog

Quote from: Ambrose on February 28, 2020, 02:00:38 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on February 28, 2020, 01:42:42 PM
Irish news has Offaly v Down at 12pm? Hoganstand has a 2.30pm throw in. Think it's a doubleheader with the Offaly hurlers. Anyone know start time for sure.

Offaly v Wickow 12:30 Hurling
Offaly v Down  14:30 Football.
Cheers Ambrose

snoopdog

St Colman s 0.16 pats Armagh 0.12 FT

Ed Hardy

U20's beat by Donegal this afternoon. Missed 3/4 really good goal chances and lost player due to black card with about 10 to go, Donegal went up the pitch and got a goal straight away. Very winnable game, management and players will feel they let it slip away as.

Dubh driocht

Our lead manager of the under 20s must be the worst appointment of all time.  Look at his record,  with talented squads. Great players rarely make great managers. Another Ulster title gone missing

Smurfy123

Poor appointment and i would say that ends his reign.
Underage in this County has been a disaster this years
So many poor results
Has anyone a team for the under 20s

Ed Hardy

Hazard, fitzsimons, toal, o hagan, brooks, campbell, fettes, o rawe, mc evoy, mc cormack, prenter, gorman, rice,  o hare, johnson.

bannside

Your manager missed three or four golden goal chances and got a black card??? He must have had a busy afternoon.

Ed Hardy

Quote from: bannside on February 29, 2020, 08:10:10 PM
Your manager missed three or four golden goal chances and got a black card??? He must have had a busy afternoon.

I said management and players will feel they let it slip away.

Cuan12

Good to see that ground ball loving idiot from Warrenpoint has took time to post some absolute crap on here, and as always attracts some stinging rebuke.
U20 s y all accounts could have won , should have won etc, but stark reality is they didn't , so do we look for change , I think so , are there suitable candidates, yes there are, Carryduff management team for a start , they have experience coaching in development squads and brought success to current club,similarly Mason the Bredagh manager has the right credentials.
It's time to look at guys who have put the work into under age squads and ultimately we are looking for a flow of talented footballers to progress into the senior ranks.
So spewtree you stick to fighting with visiting supporters and  goal keepers, that's of course you can drag yourself away from the Jarlath Burns victory celebrations, sorry I forgot he got beat , so we will be able to play our national anthem at our national games.
What's the chances Warrenpoint get relegated?

ardtole

I know he has a lot of commitments at present, but surely Conor Laverty would be an ideal candidate to be part of the county underage structures.

Smurfy123

Credit where credit is due big win for Down and a good score put up
Well done management and players
Seemed to be a comfortable win
Promotion in touching distance
I'll say it again well done to the management

Dubh driocht

Good win alright, and without Darren O'Hagan and Donal O'Hare.  Barry O'Hagan seems to have stepped up to the mark along with the Guinness bros, Kerr and Quinn. Good to see Harrison rattled the crossbar and Burns kept a clean sheet.  Two wins in last two games guarantees us promotion and first tier championship football so Tally to keep the focus.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 01, 2020, 04:44:35 PM
Good win alright, and without Darren O'Hagan and Donal O'Hare.  Barry O'Hagan seems to have stepped up to the mark along with the Guinness bros, Kerr and Quinn. Good to see Harrison rattled the crossbar and Burns kept a clean sheet.  Two wins in last two games guarantees us promotion and first tier championship football so Tally to keep the focus.
if 2 teams are level on points, does head to head or scoring difference determine who finishes above who?
nil satis nisi optimum

Dubh driocht

First consideration is the result between them. So if we win both our games only Longford could be level with us and as we beat them, we go up. Only if results lead to us and Tipperary level will scoring difference kick in