Oisin Mc Conville- This is your life

Started by Dubh driocht, September 09, 2012, 02:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubh driocht

Wonderful tribute to Oisin at the Carrickdale last night.
Evening started in the Canal Court with Benny Tierney, Peter Canavan and partners. Oisin was caught completely by surprise when Aidan O'Rourke ( not the one who used to be the next Monaghan manager) ambushed him.
The Carrickdale was an epic , well organised and bunged.
From memory, the list of speakers/guests on stage were;
Micheal O Muireachertaigh, Joe Kernan, Tim Gregory, Oisin's Godmother, Jim and Jarlath,Brian D'Arcy, Colm Holmes, Shane Mulholland, Liam Hassett, John Bannon, Pat Mc Enaney,Jarlath Burns,Paddy Doherty, Sean O'Neill, Kieran Mc Geeney, Mc Entee twins, John Toal, Diarmuid Marsden, Paul Mc Grane, Mickey Linden,Paul Hearty, Stevie Mc Donnell, Brendan Mc Kernan, Daniel Mc Cartan,Dessie Dolan, Seamus Moynihan, Enda Muldoon,Brenadan Devanny,Sean Boylan,John Campbell,Ollie Short,Sister Consilio,people who Oisin has helped with their gambling addiction,Fr Mc Keever,Colm Keyes, Marty Morrisey, Mark Sidebottom,Brian Mc Alinden, Brian Canavan, Peter Makem,. There were other celebs/former and current players in the crowd such as Austin O'Callaghan, Thomas Kane, Thomas Niblock, Paddy Moriarty, a lot of the current Cross team.
There were appropriate memories of Oisin's late father and brother (Thomas) and James Hughes.
In addition to Oisin, Margaret Mc Conville was rightly acknowledged as a GAA great.
Most amusing part of the night was watching Sr Consilio and her colleage in stitches listening to Gene Fitzpatrick and a long and intense conversation between Geezer and Sean O'Neill.
Don't think we will ever see the likes of Oisin again and he can look forward to a long , happy and healthy life with his wife Darina and son.

Gaffer

Looks like it was a great night alright but WHY WHY WHY does D'Arcy always gets going to  these events?

PS. Was Conor Gormley not asked?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2012, 02:43:49 PM
How the hell did they keep that quiet?

Was very well organised. Absolutely fantastic night and a great tribute.

Aristo 60

Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2012, 02:43:49 PM
How the hell did they keep that quiet?

Aidan O'Rourke is the master at all that...

armaghniac

There was enormous demand for this. I applied for a ticket weeks ago and my cheque was returned. Great to see it!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B