"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Westmeath 1-14 Antrim 1-13 FT

Jaysus

Milltown Row2

thats a serious low.

i wonder how Lawrence will try and call this positive on the Antrim guestbook
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2010, 06:30:29 PM
thats a serious low.

i wonder how Lawrence will try and call this positive on the Antrim guestbook

Westmeaths first win I think. I will say there will be very little chat about this allowed on the guestbook.

slow corner back

Dinnys total disregard for the league was a serious failing first time round and it would appear that nothing has changed in the intervening time.

Minder

Quote from: slow corner back on March 28, 2010, 06:39:25 PM
Dinnys total disregard for the league was a serious failing first time round and it would appear that nothing has changed in the intervening time.

I dunno if it is total disregard this time SCB, maybe partly, but what I have seen of them this year the players don't seem to be good enough.

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on March 28, 2010, 06:49:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 28, 2010, 06:42:22 PM
Quote from: slow corner back on March 28, 2010, 06:39:25 PM

I dunno if it is total disregard this time SCB, maybe partly, but what I have seen of them this year the players don't seem to be good enough.
In a nutshell.

We could be relegated.

And if we don't beat Westmeath we could be relegated!!

Reillers

Shocking game from Cork yesterday, very lazy, but still didn't look like loosing and controlled the game.

Dublin didn't threaten much. Nothing much to fear from the forwards and it really was a game that the defenders were well on top. Shocking and still won. And top of the table. Hopefully now, we'll get into the final and go from there.

Brutal game, brutal surface. Parnell Park is brutal in terms of a hurling surface and it'is a very tight pitch as well, which wasn't helped by the Dublin tactics of trying to crowd the middle.

Cork seem to always be doing enough to win lately and looked like a team that was in control. We have done that a couple of times already this year in league matches which is a good sign of a team.

And the fact that we've remained our unbeaten start to the season despite lining out a significantly different teams,

Cads, fair play to the lad, played after football with shin splints and still put in a good enough game. But he wont surivive playing dual. He needs to be playing all the time, and that can't happen if he plays both codes. And somewhere along the line one manager is going to have to make a call.

Donal Og was, as he has been, excellent again.
Sean Og, Curran were much better today.
Young Ryan had a great day. Our young players are stepping up and showing well..whether they'll be there come championship is another question, but it's a great boost for them and us to see it.
Tom Kenny and Naughton had great games, and I genuinely can't wait to see Naughton tear up any team with his pace come summer, on a decent pitch.
Cussen was poor, Paidi was good enough. Ben needs a break, there's no point in playing him this early, and you can see he's struggling a bit, seems a bit burned at times. We could have afforded to rest him in the earlier league games that we played him in and even today, there was no need for him to be playing today, we didn't need as such. He needs a break or two, hopefully he'll get it but with the better teams to come I doubt it.
Horgan had a great game, thankfully, he just needed a real run of games to build his confidence and he's really picked up some nice form, scoring some excellent points, despite the condition of the pitch and the tight confines.

What we have now up front is the potential for an excellent forward line, with the likes of Horgan, Luke and Paidi, we can start to build what would be an excellent group of players in a few years.

And fair play to the lads on the squad who stayed on the pitch for an age signing autographs, the likes of Donal Og and Sean Og must have been there for an age, surrounded by more Dubs than their own team. But it promotes the game as it should, despite the fact that more Dubs would know the likes of Donal Og but not now who Alan McCrabbe is.

That kind of attitude from GAA players, the staying on the pitch afterwards, photos, signing tops..etc. It really puts the clowns across the water to shame at times. And it was a joke about the coverage of it, of the League in general.
And they want to cut coverage? The game, and the Waterford and Tipp one, were mentioned just given the results, in the news and Sunday Game, Galway and KK getting the only coverage..15 minute highlights of a game, while we get 90 plus minutes of soccer week in week out. Champions League on Tuesday and Wednesday night, it will be 4 hours wall to wall of soccer. Good to see RTE have got their priorities right.

GAA_Punter

Sunday 4 April

Allianz NHL Division 1
Cork 0-11 0-07 Tipperary, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, 2.30pm
Galway 0-08 0-06 Dublin, Pearse Stadium, 2.30pm Both teams 14men
Limerick 0-07 2-12 Kilkenny, Gaelic Grounds, 2.30pm
Waterford 0-11 0-10 Offaly, Walsh Park, 2.30pm

Allianz NHL Division 2
Antrim 2-02 1-12 Down, Casement Park, 2.30pm
Kildare 0-01 1-02 Carlow, Newbridge, 2.30pm
Laois 0-05 1-08 Wexford, Portlaoise, 2.30pm

Allianz NHL Division 3b
Louth 0-07 3-08 Fingal, Darver (Venue Change), 2.30pm
Roscommon 3-11 0-07 Sligo, Athleague, 2.30pm
Tyrone 0-02 3-09 Wicklow, Omagh, 2.30pm

Cadbury Leinster U21FC final
Dublin 0-05 0-02 Westmeath, Parnell Park, 3.00pm

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/04/03/weekend-gaa-fixtures-live-scores-results-3rd-4th-april-2010/

downgirl

Great win for Down over Antrim...at long last!  :D

Farrandeelin

Em... Seen as Mayo finished bottom of Div 3A, do they go to Div 4 or 3B or what is the story?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GAA_Punter

Gaa Hurling – Live scores & Results – Sunday 18th April

Allianz NHL Division 1
Dublin 0-14 0-05 Limerick, Parnell Park, 2.30pm
Galway 1-02 1-06 Cork, Pearse Stadium, 2.30pm
Kilkenny 1-08 0-01 Waterford, Nowlan Park, 2.30pm
Offaly 0-03 0-05 Tipperary, Tullamore, 2.30pm

Allianz NHL Division 2
Carlow 0-02 0-06 Laois, Dr Cullen Park, 2.30pm
Down 0-02 0-06 Westmeath, Ballycran, 2.30pm
Kildare 0-00 0-00 Clare, Newbridge, 2.30pm
Wexford 1-05 1-06 Antrim, Wexford Park, 2.30pm

Allianz NHL Division 3b
Donegal 0-02 0-07 Roscommon, Letterkenny, 2.30pm
Sligo 0-04 0-02 Tyrone, Markievicz Park, 2.30pm
Wicklow 2-03 0-01 Louth, Arklow, 2.30pm

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/2010/04/18/gaa-hurling-live-scores-results-sunday-18th-april/

Milltown Row2

Serious score by Dublin in thefirst half but limerick are dreadfull man down now so this will be a wild tanking.

Dublin have good pace and very accurate from open play
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Antrim used to beat Dublin ;)