Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2021, 10:52:50 AM
CL has introduced more teams into the competition I believe, https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0268-1213f7aa85bb-d56154ff8fe8-1000--uefa-announces-new-format-for-club-competitions-to-be-introduce/

So Madrid playing West Ham may be a reality when that kicks off, four more places, taking it from 32 teams to 36, when they should reduce it!

Complaining about a ESL and then increasing the numbers for this is a bit strange

RTÉ gave a good break down on the changes. I'm not sure how that improves the current format which already has a lot of boring group stage games.

J70

How will the home advantage for the group matches be done?

I'd rather play Real Madrid at a deafening, seething Anfield than at the Bernebeau.

shark

Quote from: BennyCake on April 27, 2021, 07:12:13 PM
35? Really?

Im struggling beyond a few Burnley players, Dallas, Long, Evans, Coleman, Hendrick and the Liverpool goalie.

The number is actually based on appearance in match day squad rather than appearance on field. So a few like Flynn (Leicester) and Odubeko (West Ham) are included. Bit misleading I guess.

pbat

I seen West Ham had Conor Coventry on the bench at the weekend

nrico2006

See the PL Hall of Fame opened last week with Henry and Shearer the first two in it.  Apparently it was supposed to be Giggs and Shearer, but Giggs was not selected due to being accused of a crime.  Does that mean his footballing achievements are ignored now, even when he has been found guilty of nothing?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 30, 2021, 08:32:35 AM
See the PL Hall of Fame opened last week with Henry and Shearer the first two in it.  Apparently it was supposed to be Giggs and Shearer, but Giggs was not selected due to being accused of a crime.  Does that mean his footballing achievements are ignored now, even when he has been found guilty of nothing?

I personally think its the right thing to do, until his case is over, then should he be found not guilty put him in there. I haven't read up too much on the case so wouldn't comment on it until I know more, but it seems serious enough, that would rule out certain players though going forward if this is the case, Cantona, Adams and Big Dunc to name a few
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mrdeeds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2021, 08:42:32 AM

I personally think its the right thing to do, until his case is over, then should he be found not guilty put him in there. I haven't read up too much on the case so wouldn't comment on it until I know more, but it seems serious enough, that would rule out certain players though going forward if this is the case, Cantona, Adams and Big Dunc to name a few

Yeah Tony Adams famously accused of assaulting two women and controlling behaviour.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2021, 08:42:32 AM

No matter how much of a tube he is off the field he achieved more than any player in premier league history on it.

nrico2006

There would be some amount of players excluded from individual awards if off the field accusations or convictions are taken into account.  Ronaldo still in the running for all the big awards even though he is accused of rape.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 30, 2021, 09:05:05 AM
There would be some amount of players excluded from individual awards if off the field accusations or convictions are taken into account.  Ronaldo still in the running for all the big awards even though he is accused of rape.
George Best was an alcoholic, Maradonna was a coke head- still 2 of the best ever to kick a ball.

nrico2006

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 30, 2021, 09:57:37 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 30, 2021, 09:05:05 AM
George Best was an alcoholic, Maradonna was a coke head- still 2 of the best ever to kick a ball.

True, their list of indiscretions would be a lot longer than the rest too.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Least they ain't firing bricks through bus windows
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Death threats to Woodward? #2canplaythatgame

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 02, 2021, 02:58:11 PM
Death threats to Woodward? #2canplaythatgame

He's gonna die,
He's gonna die,
Malcolm Glazer's gonna die,
How we kill him I don't know,
Cut him up from head to toe,
All I know is Glazer's gonna die.

Lovely   :o
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.