Division one 2021

Started by tonto1888, December 14, 2020, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 25, 2021, 09:52:53 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 25, 2021, 09:38:13 AM
stops a manager stopping the game 7 times, and two teams would be 14 stoppages

30 seconds per sub. That's 7 mins

Basically the length of time every Donegal match stops for while McHugh is rolling around the ground as per usual. How no refs have picked up on this is mind-boggling.

Captain Obvious

Should be more than 500 but a starting point to allow supporters back to games.

QuoteThe GAA can confirm that from this weekend 500 spectators will be permitted to attend Allianz League games in the Six Counties.

With cross border travel for non-essential reasons discouraged and following discussions with Ulster GAA, the following breakdown has been agreed.

50 complimentary tickets to travelling county from outside the north (non-playing players and county officials) No sale for spectators.
50 complimentary tickets to home county (non-playing players and county officials).
400 tickets to each host county - to sell locally only.
Tickets will be sold via county boards locally with the following pricing:

£15 Division 1 and 2 Football & Division 1 Hurling and £10 Division 3 and 4 Football and Division 2 and 3 Hurling. There will be no concession tickets due to limited numbers.

These arrangements will be reviewed at the conclusion of the Allianz Leagues in line with public health advice at that time

twohands!!!

Officially refs are supposed to only add 20 seconds on for every sub.

I would say that the number of matches where the entire sub process took only 20 seconds would be very small.

Does anyone else think it would be an improvement if the number of sub windows was reduced ?
Teams could have 3 sub windows per game [assuming 5 subs] but subs made at half-time [or at a water-break while they are around] don't count towards the use of a sub window.

I'd also like some sort of move where only injury subs are allowed in the last 10 minutes of normal time and injury time.

I think the momentum and flow of games is very disrupted by these late on subs, when the game is almost over.

These late subs are used by teams who are ahead to slow things down, take energy/spark/momentum out of the game.

Also in terms of players, I think being brought on late on/in injury time when you'd a very high odds of not even getting a touch is almost worse than not being brought on at all.

Blowitupref

Permutations for Division 1 North

Saturday May 29

Armagh v Donegal, Athletic Grounds, 7:30pm - eir Sport

Tyrone v Monaghan, Healy Park, 7.30pm - GAAGO

It's all still to play for in Division 1 North will Donegal, Tyrone, Armagh, and Monaghan all still having a mathematical chance of finishing in the top two places and qualifying for the semi-finals.

Donegal are currently in pole position and need just to draw with Armagh on Saturday to make the semi-finals. Armagh will definitely secure their place in the semi-finals with a win but could also squeeze through with a draw as long as Monaghan beat Tyrone.

Tyrone are guaranteed semi-final qualification if they defeat Monaghan. A victory for Monaghan could also see them qualify for the semi-finals, but only if Donegal beat Armagh.

If Monaghan win and Armagh draw with Donegal, then Monaghan and Armagh would finish on three points each but Armagh would finish above Monaghan due to the head to head rule.

If both matches finish in a draw then Donegal and Tyrone will advance to the semi-finals.

Permutations for Division 1 South

Sunday May 30

Galway v Dublin, St Jarlath's Park, 3:45pm - TG4

Roscommon v Kerry, Dr Hyde Park, 3.45pm - TG4 Player

Kerry and Dublin are currently in the top two positions in Division 1 South with three points from two matches, with Kerry already guaranteed a place in the semi-finals thanks to their superior scoring difference.

Dublin can also qualify for the Division 1 semi-finals if they defeat or draw with Galway this weekend. If Galway win that match, then they and Kerry will advance to the semi-finals.

Roscommon are destined to finish fourth even if they beat Kerry because they'll lose out to Galway on the head to head rule if both teams finish on two points each.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 25, 2021, 07:15:42 PM

Officially refs are supposed to only add 20 seconds on for every sub.

I would say that the number of matches where the entire sub process took only 20 seconds would be very small.

Does anyone else think it would be an improvement if the number of sub windows was reduced ?
Teams could have 3 sub windows per game [assuming 5 subs] but subs made at half-time [or at a water-break while they are around] don't count towards the use of a sub window.

I'd also like some sort of move where only injury subs are allowed in the last 10 minutes of normal time and injury time.

I think the momentum and flow of games is very disrupted by these late on subs, when the game is almost over.

These late subs are used by teams who are ahead to slow things down, take energy/spark/momentum out of the game.

Also in terms of players, I think being brought on late on/in injury time when you'd a very high odds of not even getting a touch is almost worse than not being brought on at all.

Injury subs only at that point will encourage lads to drop and let on they have an injury!

The last 15 minute break the ref should just stop his watch for every second the ball is not in play bar wides, goal kicks and frees. The likes of real  injuries or medical treatments the watch stops,  raise his hand stops his watch, like rugby, eventually lying down won't make much difference, momentum is one factor too though, running down the clock should only happen with the ball in play.

I'd a team trying it on, 3 points up lad goes down with cramp, I said play on, the manager was shouting take your helmet off, I stopped the watch, which added on 3 more minutes, the other team scored two goals in final minutes to win the game by a point.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: 5times5times on May 25, 2021, 10:06:56 AM

Basically the length of time every Donegal match stops for while McHugh is rolling around the ground as per usual. How no refs have picked up on this is mind-boggling.

Must have Tyrone blood in him

yellowcard

The timing issue is very easily resolved by way of a stop clock similar to rugby and ladies football. How it hasn't been introduced at this stage is baffling.

Main Street

In general time keeping has vastly improved these past few years. In the bad old days  2 mins and 3 mins added time  were common and most of that added time could be take up with cynical play, the winning team's  players queueing up to inflict the yellow card tackle or a stubborn rule book ref running 100m to consult with an umpire over whether to caution a handbags indiscretion.

I'm looking forward to Tyrone v Monaghan, both teams should have their peckers up, though playing Tyrone  these days is a rather tame affair since Tyrone lost their mojo. It's not such a big deal to beat them as it once was.

Rossfan

Quote from: yellowcard on May 25, 2021, 11:32:42 PM
The timing issue is very easily resolved by way of a stop clock similar to rugby and ladies football. How it hasn't been introduced at this stage is baffling.
Didn't Congress approve a hooter system some years ago?
As I recall the GAA said that it was too complicated to introduce so it was shelved.
Cynics felt it was because the Refs couldn't play for draws  ::)
Now that we're having extra time and shoot outs I think it could be re examined.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on May 26, 2021, 11:54:34 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 25, 2021, 11:32:42 PM
Didn't Congress approve a hooter system some years ago?
As I recall the GAA said that it was too complicated to introduce so it was shelved.
Cynics felt it was because the Refs couldn't play for draws  ::)
Now that we're having extra time and shoot outs I think it could be re examined.

Perhaps they do not admire the Ladies' hooters.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

skeog

I dont believe its fair that fans are allowed in on Saturday.We are a 32 county organization and it should be all in or nobody.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on May 26, 2021, 01:37:24 PM
I dont believe its fair that fans are allowed in on Saturday.We are a 32 county organization and it should be all in or nobody.

Like it or lump it, it's a 32 county organisation in two separate political jurisdictions.

It's a political issue in a sporting context.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 26, 2021, 02:54:38 PM

Like it or lump it, it's a 32 county organisation in two separate political jurisdictions.

Did the south not start before the north last time?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2021, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 26, 2021, 02:54:38 PM

Did the south not start before the north last time?

Different this time. The six counties are about 3 week ahead on the vaccine roll out.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

South should let people in then. Can't punish the North for having slightly less incompetent people in charge.