Lions Tour

Started by bennydorano, June 03, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Whos depending on the Lions winning next week 15 on 15, saying we over the moon beating 14 men, it been a disgrace if they didnt win,

LCohen

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 02, 2017, 03:34:56 PM
Whos depending on the Lions winning next week 15 on 15, saying we over the moon beating 14 men, it been a disgrace if they didnt win,

I would guess the failure to get any advantage out of the extra man in the second quarter and the tactical and disciplinary implosion in the third will be the focus of the preparation this week.

But they got there in the end this week and whilst it took a while to come it is surely a good thing?

Aaron Boone

Romain Poite the ref for next week, most of the Lions will be used to him.

Sean O'Brien thankfully no punishment post-citing.

Main Street

I didn't think there was enough there for O'Brien's indiscretion to be cited.

TheOptimist

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 02, 2017, 03:34:56 PM

Am I right in saying the first try was scored when it was 14v14?

Hound

Quote from: Main Street on July 02, 2017, 11:15:45 PM
I didn't think there was enough there for O'Brien's indiscretion to be cited.
It was a caught on camera and the NZ lad had to go for a HIA, and didn't return. Not too often the citing commissioner gets over-ruled, but thankfully this was one of them.

Applesisapples

Quote from: sid waddell on July 01, 2017, 12:23:34 PM
An incredible morning of high drama that shows exactly why a British Lions test series is the pinnacle of rugby union football.

A Lions tour is all about finding those men of officer class that will stand up in a situation of adversity and drive the troops on to victory.

Stand up Officer Faletau, Officer Murray, Officer Farrell, Officer Sexton, Officer Williams, Officer George, Officer Watson, Officer Sinckler and Captain Warburton.

Last week some know-nothings said there was a huge gulf in class between the teams.

That's why they're know-nothings.

As with last week, we played the sparkling attacking rugby, we showed the inventiveness and flair. We played the game as it is meant to be played, not them.

It was a performance that is as proud and defiant a Wellington monument as anything that stands just off Chesterfield Avenue in Dublin's Phoenix Park.

That performance was for Sir Ian McGeechan, a true Lions legend and one of nature's gentlemen. Get well soon, Sir Ian.

Those who anything about history know that the British Lions have a 100% record in test series in New Zealand in which the latter two digits are 1 and 7. The weight of history is with us.

The prospect of Eden Park next Saturday is now a truly tantalising one.
What tosh, the All Blacks will wipe them out with 15 men.

NAG1

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 03, 2017, 09:46:58 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on July 01, 2017, 12:23:34 PM
An incredible morning of high drama that shows exactly why a British Lions test series is the pinnacle of rugby union football.

A Lions tour is all about finding those men of officer class that will stand up in a situation of adversity and drive the troops on to victory.

Stand up Officer Faletau, Officer Murray, Officer Farrell, Officer Sexton, Officer Williams, Officer George, Officer Watson, Officer Sinckler and Captain Warburton.

Last week some know-nothings said there was a huge gulf in class between the teams.

That's why they're know-nothings.

As with last week, we played the sparkling attacking rugby, we showed the inventiveness and flair. We played the game as it is meant to be played, not them.

It was a performance that is as proud and defiant a Wellington monument as anything that stands just off Chesterfield Avenue in Dublin's Phoenix Park.

That performance was for Sir Ian McGeechan, a true Lions legend and one of nature's gentlemen. Get well soon, Sir Ian.

Those who anything about history know that the British Lions have a 100% record in test series in New Zealand in which the latter two digits are 1 and 7. The weight of history is with us.

The prospect of Eden Park next Saturday is now a truly tantalising one.
What tosh, the All Blacks will wipe them out with 15 men.

Christ I have read some crap on this board over the years but this is up there with the best of it.

Sounds like the sh*t that Sky have Greenwood and Quinnell spouting before each of the games, sickening empty promo talk.

Walter Cronc

Think he's on the wind lads and yous took the bait!

NAG1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 03, 2017, 09:58:31 AM

Yeah that may be the case, but my wider point is that Sky are sickening my happiness with the over hype of it all.

Taylor

Quote from: NAG1 on July 03, 2017, 10:17:15 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 03, 2017, 09:58:31 AM

Yeah that may be the case, but my wider point is that Sky are sickening my happiness with the over hype of it all.

Maybe dont turn on Sky Sports or watch the rugby if it is sickening your happiness - first world problems

Great catch Sid....surprised anyone fell for it mind

Walter Cronc

Its not just rugby lads. Jeez the hype around top 4 in the premiership - tosh!!

Taylor

Take it for what it is lads.

Sky have been doing it for 25 years now so it is nothing new.

How I wish our own national broadcaster would try to sell our own games rather than spend time telling everyone how shite the games are or who should get suspended this week

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2017, 10:25:42 AM

How I wish our own national broadcaster would try to sell our own games rather than spend time telling everyone how shite the games are or who should get suspended this week

+1 and a few decent camera angles!!

johnneycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 03, 2017, 10:30:30 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2017, 10:25:42 AM

+1 and a few decent camera angles!!

Ah here, you don't want to be doing that. That'll take away from the suspense of wondering where the ball went when watching the hurling especially if theres a block down and the cameraman didn't spot it.