Lions Tour

Started by bennydorano, June 03, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

I don't know what we're complaining about. Fecking Tom Court is a Lion because of that exact fact.

Wildweasel74

If they needed an extra close by lock it should been johnny Grey, Gatland very biased to wales, though how he can leave out O`Brien  and Peter O`M of the starting line up after there last 2 games in favour of the welsh pair would be a kick in the teeth

bennydorano

Well one of the two is Sam Warburton, the Captain. If fit he plays

Wildweasel74

why should he play cause hes captain, hes been poor all year for wales, and the current 2 men are playing better than him

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 17, 2017, 06:43:26 PM
If they needed an extra close by lock it should been johnny Grey, Gatland very biased to wales, though how he can leave out O`Brien  and Peter O`M of the starting line up after there last 2 games in favour of the welsh pair would be a kick in the teeth

Lions team for the first test announced

JPR Williams
Michael Sheen
Charlotte Church
Tom Jones
Ivor the Engine
Kelly Jones from The Stereophonics
Bertrand Russell RIP
Dylan Thomas
Richard Burton RIP
Neville Southall
Shirley Bassey
David Lloyd George RIP
Owain Glyndowr
Richie from the Manics (missing presumed dead since 1995)
Sam Wharburton (capt)

Wildweasel74

Like i said JOG, i wouldn't have Sam in that team lol

smelmoth

Irish boys doing well. If Farrell isn't fit and a sensible selection policy is used then we will have 1/3 of the starting team including the key positions of tight head, open side, fly half and scrum half and captain.

Stander and Henshaw still have a chance for the later tests.

Furlong on track for true legend status

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 18, 2017, 01:13:13 AM
Like i said JOG, i wouldn't have Sam in that team lol

His dad is English so probsbly not Welsh enough

Syferus

Quote from: smelmoth on June 18, 2017, 10:06:46 AM
Irish boys doing well. If Farrell isn't fit and a sensible selection policy is used then we will have 1/3 of the starting team including the key positions of tight head, open side, fly half and scrum half and captain.

This love-in for Farell is mad stuff. Him being injured strengthens the Lions starting line-up.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Syferus on June 18, 2017, 12:10:14 PM

This love-in for Farell is mad stuff. Him being injured strengthens the Lions starting line-up.

Loath him as most of us appear to do but he is a very good player and able to play both fly half and centre equally well.

Wonder how Sexton is taking the situation that Halfpenny is the designated kicker no matter who is at No.10.

Syferus

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 18, 2017, 12:17:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 18, 2017, 12:10:14 PM

Loath him as most of us appear to do but he is a very good player and able to play both fly half and centre equally well.

Wonder how Sexton is taking the situation that Halfpenny is the designated kicker no matter who is at No.10.

I think he's a weakness at 12, I'd take some like Henshaw every time over Farell unless the 10 is useless at goal-kicking. And at 10 he's inferior to Sexton in just about every facet.

Wildweasel74

He a poor mans Jonny Wilkinson, take his goal kicking out, the man has no play making ability at all

smelmoth

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 18, 2017, 02:34:40 PM
He a poor mans Jonny Wilkinson, take his goal kicking out, the man has no play making ability at all

Total nonsense.

Farrell is as capable as anyone of having a poor game but the idea that he has no play making ability is nonsense.

Both he and Sexton will get Test game time so we will see

bennydorano

34-6 win this morning. Starting to come together now.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 18, 2017, 02:34:40 PM

Rubbish - I personally don't like him but he is the main man for both England and Saracens and they have been fairly successful in past few years. Respected rugby commentators who claim he is world class cannot all be wrong !!