Lions Tour

Started by bennydorano, June 03, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

great game to watch, some difference that the bosh crash slow moving pack style of the Lions this morning

Wildweasel74

the Argies have a big pack but have the back line to match it to, 2 bad tackling mistakes to let the England man through at the end in a position he should not have been fit to get out of and away.

Wildweasel74

Understrength Highlanders beat lions 23-22; lions badly fizzled out after been 22 - 13 up !

square_ball

I see 4 lads have won a competition this morning to join the Lions squad.

CiKe

Now I don't watch a huge amount of rugby but would have expected to know these guys called up. Never heard of three of them

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: CiKe on June 17, 2017, 08:20:39 AM
Now I don't watch a huge amount of rugby but would have expected to know these guys called up. Never heard of three of them

Its a joke I know these guys are only there to take the pressure off the current squad but ffs they can still claim to be a lions player whereas some players who are ten times the player are left at home. Gatland is a pr1ck. Lets not forget if Beale didnt slip over a last minute penalty we would have lost the series against an Aussie team that were spanked 3-0 by England by themselves. Warrenball is rubbish.

gallsman

North has had an absolute 'mare of an opening ten minutes.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: gallsman on June 17, 2017, 08:50:05 AM
North has had an absolute 'mare of an opening ten minutes.

Well he is permanently concussed so he probably saw about 4 balls

JimStynes

The Haka is the most cringeworthy thing in sport.

Wildweasel74

Fun i see the opposite, i think its one of the greatest things in sport

JimStynes

It used to be good when it was once a year. Now they'd do the haka at the opening of an envelope.

michaelg

Quote from: JimStynes on June 17, 2017, 09:07:41 AM
The Haka is the most cringeworthy thing in sport.
Agreed.  Annoying when they take the huff about when they get to do it, opposing teams' reaction to it etc.  Check out the video below when it was clearly not as big a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htCTWZqCMhQ

JimStynes

It's the bit where they stick the tongue out and go all cross eyed that makes me laugh. Like most things, it used to be good when it was done in moderation but they've ripped the ass out of it now. They are getting longer and more props appearing as well, there was a f**king axe or something in that one this morning. Now every team is doing it and the intimidation thing is not there anymore.

Tony Baloney

Joe Launchbury will be feeling the same.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 17, 2017, 09:59:40 AM
Joe Launchbury will be feeling the same.

If your national side happened to be touring in Aus/NZ this month, then you have far greater chance of a Lions call-up. That's the aggravating bit.