The Official Morality Thread

Started by Tony Baloney, August 17, 2012, 12:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonah

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 22, 2012, 11:52:58 AM
Tony Nicholson has passed away. No further details at the minute. I wonder was it natural causes or will there be more to it?

Well may he rest in peace.
And if there does happen to be an afterlife after this world I hope he is free of all the suffering and pain he endured here on earth.

give her dixie

I have always been a supporter of assisted suicide. I think when someone has a terminal illness, they should have the right and the option to die with dignity in a manner of their own choosing. I looked after my father for 18 months as he died a horrible death with Motor Neurone Disease. While he never considered assisted suicide I know for sure I would have done everything if he had of had wished to go down that road. I would go to jail if thats what it took. Plus, I would have had no moral issue with it either.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

firestarter

Couldnt agree more 'give her dixie' and theres clearly few people better qualified to talk on the issue than yourself. I think someone must have intervened in that poor mans case today.

heganboy

Quote from: firestarter on August 22, 2012, 10:15:14 PM
Couldnt agree more 'give her dixie'

+1

with the caveat of not having the experience of having been through it.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/barbara-wise-john-wise-mercy-killing-hospital-shooting_n_1772264.html

A recent case from Ohio along similar lines (similar, not the same). Ohio man shot his wife in the head in her hospital bed after she had suffered a stroke. Media bites are labeling it a mercy killing, and while we will never know what agreement they had between them, well he's being charged with murder all the same.