building a house

Started by JPF, July 23, 2009, 01:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbat

Stone Unlimited in Dromore done mine a few months ago and done an excellent job,

giveherlong

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2021, 06:37:49 PM
Kitchen worktops ... any decent shout outs to companies that provide them?
Maghera Granite 👍

Milltown Row2

Thanks guys, she's looking, (as I wouldn't have the foggiest on types, or be allowed to pick!! ) a thin composite stone she was talking about... is there much difference in price? I'd imagine the granite was more expensive.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Just got a quartz, hard kept ,stains easy and not easy to shift

Tyrdub

have used Maghera Granite on lots of different jobs, very good outfit

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2021, 10:27:38 PM
Thanks guys, she's looking, (as I wouldn't have the foggiest on types, or be allowed to pick!! ) a thin composite stone she was talking about... is there much difference in price? I'd imagine the granite was more expensive.

is she looking at Corian or a similar product? Very Very expensive, but lasts a lifetime

dont go for the polished, gloss type though

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 01, 2021, 08:52:39 AM

is she looking at Corian or a similar product? Very Very expensive, but lasts a lifetime

New kitchen, so don't mind spending a few quid but don't want her to take the piss!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2021, 09:27:09 AM

New kitchen, so don't mind spending a few quid but don't want her to take the piss!

She'll take the piss

manfromdelmonte

put in a cheap one.
change it in a few years

Franko

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 01, 2021, 09:58:55 AM
put in a cheap one.
change it in a few years

Never understood that logic

Why buy loads of cheap ones (of anything) instead of fewer expensive ones?

Spend the rest of your life looking at something cheap and nasty, for the same outlay as something good but pricey.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Franko on September 01, 2021, 01:41:38 PM
put in a cheap one.
change it in a few years

Spend the rest of your life looking at something cheap and nasty, for the same outlay as something good but pricey.
Fashions change. Some people would rather spend less money on lots of clothing items as they change their look regularly, whereas a fella I used to work with wouldnt spend less than 200 quid on a pair of shoes as they'd last for years and arguably bypass changing fashions. I know a doll at work who has plenty of money and she changes her kitchen every few years. Different strokes and all that.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Franko on September 01, 2021, 01:41:38 PM
put in a cheap one.
change it in a few years

Its not the same outlay though and it does exactly the same job.
You put things on the counter.

Nailer

Try Lamont Stone for worktops and upstands, good professional outfit, quartz is a lot cheaper than granite, all depends on the budget. Best to let the boss choose!

RedHand88

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 01, 2021, 09:29:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2021, 09:27:09 AM

She'll take the piss

Can confirm. Doing my best to fight off getting an "lighting consultant" at the minute, whatever that is.

Tyrdub

Direct them to Cosentino up at Nutts Corner, they do Silestone and Dekton........you'd need several credit cards to pay for it