J Flynn
C Poland
D Guiness
J guiness
R McEvoy
P Devln
B o Hagan
C Quinn

I like the sound of Mooney in defence coming onto the ball. He had great year when Down reached the ulster final
Poland and Flynn better at midfield as both were played out of position last week
Burns McKernan Murdock Collins and Doherty pay the price for last weeks performance
Is Darren ready for a full match
Is Reid up for it
A strong team hopefully a big performance

Reid is a long ball man and will be hung out to dry like Burns if he doesn't have more options or movement in defence first of all. Mooney and Darren will give much more of a burst through the middle third. Midfield continues to be a weakness particularly when the box kick out strategy is used. Again, no big consistent scorers up from apart from Quinn, no graft in Devlin and Mc Evoy will be in MF with D Guinness at HB. Not very promising and coming against a physically bigger team will make this very difficult tomorrow. I hope they prove me wrong.

Nanderson

Down team named

M Reid
P Fegan
G McGovern
P Murdock
P Laverty
D O'Hagan
C Mooney
R McEvoy
J Flynn
J Guinness
B O'Hagan
L Kerr
D Guinness
C Quinn
P Devlin

Lloyd p

Smurfy123

Spoof because I named the correct team?
Do you think it was a wild guess Mooney moved to the defence?
And O Hagan Reid Devlin and McCartan will all start
What have I spoofed about?
Kerr in for Poland was the only late change
Where have I spoofed?

grounded

Fingers crossed for this evening. There is not a whole pile of difference between the 2 teams. So could go either way. Just hoping for a better performance than last week.

snoopdog

Quote from: grounded on May 23, 2021, 01:45:43 PM
Fingers crossed for this evening. There is not a whole pile of difference between the 2 teams. So could go either way. Just hoping for a better performance than last week.

Theres a massive difference on the scoreboard.

Targetman

An absolutely awful performance from Down, making no progress whatsoever and div3/4 is the level that this team are at, a complete mess!!

Nanderson

You'd near swear these players never seen each other in their lives. No cohesion whatsoever on the team. I dont mind them playing defensive football if thats the what Talley thinks their strengths are but by god at least be good at it if you're going to play that way

Lotto

Absolutely horrendous display but possibly overshadowed by the clueless performance of an inept referee. I don't know where this team is heading but it certainly isn't upwards. Encouraging to see Conor Mc Crickard finishing strongly when everybody else had thrown the towel in. Stories of unrest in the camp also appearing which affected team selection today.

SHEEDY

Really poor stuff today. Slow, boring, negative. Scoreline flattered Down at the end because Meath were much the better team. They looked like a team while we looked like a load of fellas that had been gathered up that morning.
nil satis nisi optimum

urbangael

Holy shite where does this team go from here... Disappointing thing was I wasn't surprised by the result. If anything it flattered down. Every team in Ulster would appear to be making progress except Down. The reality is some of the best players in Down aren't playing for the County for one reason or another and it could be another 20+years before they are challenging for an Ulster title. No progress on the field and a stale Co Board making no progress off the field... Sorry for the doom and gloom but its the reality of Down football.

thebar

Never been further away....wouldn't matter who the personnel were...just not good enough and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Smurfy123

Who are all these best players not playing for Down
With the exception of J Johnstone?
Down have been very poor since this management took over
No game plan but plant 13 behind the ball and hope for the best
Antrim and Derry seem to be making real progress
What is the game plan?
What progress has been made?
What has Tally brought to the table?

snoopdog

I fear this team will take an awful beating of Donegal if they dont get some sort of cohesion and quick. Westmeath a big game next week and I cant see them winning that. A playoff for relegation possibly against Cork? It would take some dramatic change for this team to stay up. Down were fortunate to get promoted last year alot of teams at same level in div 3 last term apart from Cork.  I thought Down would struggle to stay up but I didnt realise we were this poor,

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 23, 2021, 08:18:16 PM
Down have been very poor since this management took over

Down have been poor for years before this management took over. Its just more of the same.

Calling for change at senior level is like the English press thinking with a change of manager they'd win the world cup.

The changes need to happen on down the age groups. Unfortunately, playstations & xboxes are winning the attention of youngsters and football sport is a very distant second. [Which in itself doesn't explain the drop in performance relative to others - but is one of the obstacles that must be overcome to address the issues.]
i usse an speelchekor