Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Johnnysboys on December 06, 2020, 10:18:44 PM
How do you work that out?? Runner up in championship and league does not equate to huge success in my eyes...

Its all relative...
i usse an speelchekor

Smurfy123

I would call it a success
Under 20 deadline with 6 in for it
Great to see so many going for it

Ross Carr
DJ MORGAN
Danny Hughes
Michael Walsh
Niall McAleenan
Paul McCartan

Some good candidates and good spread
Each have good credentials
Interviews next week

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 08, 2020, 05:16:52 PM
I would call it a success
Under 20 deadline with 6 in for it
Great to see so many going for it

Ross Carr
DJ MORGAN
Danny Hughes
Michael Walsh
Niall McAleenan
Paul McCartan

Some good candidates and good spread
Each have good credentials
Interviews next week

I hope Niall Mc Aleenan isn't looking for the same money that priced himself and 3 others out of the Clonduff job, after winning nothing with Point but according to people being very successful  :o. Hughes appointed in Castlewellan which is a big enough job in itself.

Smurfy123

I would see it as success as do a lot of people
Well he hardly going to do Clonduff for the good of his health
He surely is now the front runner for the under 20s?
Or maybe a few of the above could come together as a team?

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 08, 2020, 05:46:10 PM

Nobody remembers losers and that is exactly what the Point are and have been for a very long time, by not losing by as much as before then that suddenly makes you a success. Still losing in my book.  As for apparently asking Clonduff for £1000 a week for 4 men, you be the judge of how his health is.

Smurfy123

Clonduff would take a championship final so they would
Niall has a very well supported team around him when it comes to his management team and I'm sure Clonduff would have benefited from him and his team
If the county board want a strong team he has it

1 Niall
2 Ross
3 Mickey Walsh
4 Danny Hughes
5 DJ
6 Paul M

That's the route I would go

Lotto

Quote from: Lotto on December 08, 2020, 05:57:43 PM

Nobody remembers losers and that is exactly what the Point are and have been for a very long time, by not losing by as much as before then that suddenly makes you a success. Still losing in my book.  As for apparently asking Clonduff for £1000 a week for 4 men, you be the judge of how his health is.
Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 08, 2020, 06:05:34 PM
Clonduff would take a championship final so they would
Niall has a very well supported team around him when it comes to his management team and I'm sure Clonduff would have benefited from him and his team
If the county board want a strong team he has it

1 Niall
2 Ross
3 Mickey Walsh
4 Danny Hughes
5 DJ
6 Paul M

That's the route I would go

You mean he can't stand on his own feet and his da makes all the calls during games, yes very well supported alright. I wouldn't exactly call him and his management team strong,how do you work that one out smurfy?

Smurfy123

I've explained lotto he came into us and took us to places that we never had been. A born winner. Why would he not lean on his father for support
If Down are serious about things Niall and his team should be front runners
Ross is also high up the list

CHB1

Quote from: Lotto on December 08, 2020, 05:57:43 PM

£40k? Surely that is rumour? Is that the sums that people would be looking to manage a team these days?

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 08, 2020, 06:25:33 PM
I've explained lotto he came into us and took us to places that we never had been. A born winner. Why would he not lean on his father for support
If Down are serious about things Niall and his team should be front runners
Ross is also high up the list

No Barney, just stop right there. You are embarrassing yourself, sweet mother A BORN WINNER?. Why in good God would you say that? He has never won anything in his life, nothing with the Point and even worse in his day job, nothing with his school when he has had serious talent on both fronts. I don't like running the man down but people like you build him up to be something he is not. He is far from a born winner or you would have won something in his time there.

Smurfy123

Yes a born winner. Barney and Niall are a team he doesn't hide behind him
All I am saying if Down want that winning spark Niall could be that man
Should he drop his backroom team for a few pound. No
My views will not change he is one of the best up and coming managers in Ulster
Liatrom Clonduff and Castlewellan all wanted him

Godsown

Quote from: Smurfy123 on December 09, 2020, 08:05:07 AM
Yes a born winner. Barney and Niall are a team he doesn't hide behind him
All I am saying if Down want that winning spark Niall could be that man
Should he drop his backroom team for a few pound. No
My views will not change he is one of the best up and coming managers in Ulster
Liatrom Clonduff and Castlewellan all wanted him

I thought born winners normally win something so must have missed something. I hear also we have missed out on No 1 choice for U20s as they had already headed for Ballybay. Second choice look like remaining at IFC winners. Wide open from here

downjim

who are the remaining IFC winners? who is favourite for the job. If Walsh is going for it I think he would be a good choice. Laverty would be another man I would like to see in there but he could be tied up with Banty. Neil Coulter has done excellent work at underage in Burren and is doing good work with Killeavy.
Niall Mc would be another good option and its great to see some good names around which bodes well for the future.
Someone like this should get it and that is no disrespect to the older guys but a fresh face would be good.
We should be able to compete at u20s and hopefully win silverware for the next few seasons so its a big appointment.

Ed Hardy

According to I.N. Conor Laverty also in for the U20's job, apparently he has Marty Clarke and Brendan McVeigh as part of his backroom team. Would be a good appointment. Very highly rated coach and strong team in with him.

Lotto

By all accounts that piece of shit Laverty has been appointed along with Martin Clarke, Declan Morgan and Sean Boylan (obviously the Meath one if this is to be believed). While Laverty might be a decent coach, I wouldn't let any of my sons anywhere near a team with him in charge. His track record speaks for itself, just ask anyone from Mayobridge.