Cheap accomadation in New York City- any ideas?

Started by Ed Hardy, June 26, 2012, 10:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Hardy

Travelling through New York in October time, just staying for long weekend.. Any ideas of possible hotels/hostel to stay in? Myself and 3 other lads, so just looking for somewhere central and not too expensive if possible..

Eamonnca1

Has to be a shared bathroom if you want to stay in Manhattan and keep it affordable.  If you like to have a bathroom to yourself you might want to think about looking about a hotel somewhere like Queens that's within walking distance of a train or subway line.  I stayed in New Jersey in some place near the Lincoln Tunnel but it wasn't very well connected to Manhattan and I wasn't able to sample any of the nightlife because the stupid hotel shuttle stopped running at about 10:00pm and there wasn't a very good public bus alternative. A bus went to a nearby park-and-ride but it wasn't accessible from the hotel on foot, it involved climbing over barriers and ducking traffic on an expressway to venture back to the hotel which was just a stone's throw away. Crazy stuff.

J70

Try places in Jersey Ctiy or Hoboken along the PATH lines.. You'll be only a few minutes from Manhattan. Or one of the hotels like LaQuinta or Holiday Inn or Quality Inn or one of the others along Queens boulevard or in long island city. Short run to Manhattan on subway trains such as 7 or N or Q.

john mcgill

Shades of Green pub in Gramercy Park, near Union Square, used to do good accomodation.  Beside it is the Seafarers International House hostel which is $125 per night for ensuite twin room.  Sounds grim but is clean, friendly and convenient.

Rois

Yotel (basic but has great reviews on Trip Advisor) was doing a good deal on Travelzoo - my friend got a few nights for a reasonable price in August, prob extends into October too.

Hardy

Quote from: Ed Hardy on June 26, 2012, 10:17:31 PM
Travelling through New York in October time, just staying for long weekend.. Any ideas of possible hotels/hostel to stay in? Myself and 3 other lads, so just looking for somewhere central and not too expensive if possible..

Da - sober up and go on home.