China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: sid waddell on June 09, 2021, 08:23:17 AM
The few ongoing restrictions make perfect sense to me but thankfully we have the Internet Department of Epidemiology and Public Health to put us right

A few on going restrictions make zero sense to me.

For example, according to nphet advice, its safe to currently sit in a cinema but not safe for indoor dinning until July. 200 has been attending Mass indoors in the basilica and cathedrals since early May and 100 can only attend the majority matches outdoors this month.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Perhaps the shenanigans after a lot of games last August/September might just be still in NPHET 's memory.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

People are being a bit obtuse here. In cinemas or churches you have to wear a mask, something you do not do in hospitality. You could have dining well spaced out, but the restaurant s claim that they cannot make money at this configuration.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on June 10, 2021, 03:38:10 PM
Perhaps the shenanigans after a lot of games last August/September might just be still in NPHET 's memory.

True, but there's a helluva lot progress with vaccines since then.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Met my first 'second covid-positive' person today. First was March 2020, second May 2021. No jab in between.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sid waddell

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 10, 2021, 03:32:53 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 09, 2021, 08:23:17 AM
The few ongoing restrictions make perfect sense to me but thankfully we have the Internet Department of Epidemiology and Public Health to put us right

A few on going restrictions make zero sense to me.

For example, according to nphet advice, its safe to currently sit in a cinema but not safe for indoor dinning until July. 200 has been attending Mass indoors in the basilica and cathedrals since early May and 100 can only attend the majority matches outdoors this month.
So you want everything to open simultaneously, yes?

Blowitupref

Quote from: sid waddell on June 10, 2021, 09:46:59 PM
No, what i want is an easing of restrictions to make sense. If we can have situation that allows 200 people attend indoors then 400 to 500 should be allowed to attend outdoors.
Quote from: armaghniac on June 10, 2021, 08:15:42 PM
People are being a bit obtuse here. In cinemas or churches you have to wear a mask, something you do not do in hospitality. You could have dining well spaced out, but the restaurant s claim that they cannot make money at this configuration.
Face coverings is only mandatory when you are not in your seat in a cinema and you are allowed to eat and drink while watching a movie. At mass they receive communion and it seems to be one environment that people loves to clear their throat In. Still loads of hand shaking and hugging from the funerals I watched online

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

6th sam

Quote from: ONeill on June 10, 2021, 08:56:35 PM
Met my first 'second covid-positive' person today. First was March 2020, second May 2021. No jab in between.

Interesting, O'Neill. How did it effect them first and second time? Eg did their residual immunity from the first infection lessen the effects of the second bout?

sid waddell

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 10, 2021, 10:08:24 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 10, 2021, 09:46:59 PM
No, what i want is an easing of restrictions to make sense. If we can have situation that allows 200 people attend indoors then 400 to 500 should be allowed to attend outdoors.
The only way easing of restrictions can make "logical sense" is if they're all done simultaneously

Because when they are not done simultaneously, certain people will always lose out and it will seem arbitrary and unfair whichever way you do it

There's no way around this

This is happening because there's a far bigger "logical sense" at play here and that is that opening everything at once would be crazy

trailer

Robin Swann would give ye the skitter. We need things to continue to open up with the vaccine roll out or else quite rightly people will ask why should I get the jab. We need plenty of carrot and a little less stick.

general_lee

Quote from: clarshack on June 11, 2021, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2021, 11:12:04 AM
Robin Swann would give ye the skitter. We need things to continue to open up with the vaccine roll out or else quite rightly people will ask why should I get the jab. We need plenty of carrot and a little less stick.

Van Morrison not a fan of wee Robbie Swann either lol
Van Morrison has lost the plot

imtommygunn

Open ur eyes to the covid lies posters starting to appear on a lot of lamp posts in belfast :o

trailer

Quote from: clarshack on June 11, 2021, 02:11:56 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 11, 2021, 11:12:04 AM

Van Morrison not a fan of wee Robbie Swann either lol

Van is a complete tool bag. And as for Ian Og... wiser eating grass.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 11, 2021, 02:30:32 PM
Open ur eyes to the covid lies posters starting to appear on a lot of lamp posts in belfast :o

Who's actually paying for these posters? nuts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 11, 2021, 02:58:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 11, 2021, 02:30:32 PM

Who's actually paying for these posters? nuts

Window cleaners seem to be a united front of Covid deniers! And they a have ladders!