China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2021, 10:21:56 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 03, 2021, 06:18:55 PM
Quote from: Last Man on June 03, 2021, 09:07:08 AM
Individual states more or less did their own thing. Some imposed extreme measures, some quite relaxed. Hasn't appeared to have made much difference which approach was used, the average health of the population a much bigger factor I'd say.
you are correct and New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts have the most deaths per 100k with New Jersey the most at 295 per 100k and all above would have had a strict lockdown.
Hawaii Vermont and Alaska are the bottom of chart .
Of the 580k deaths 520k plus over 60 also take into account a 30/35% obesity rate in adults seriously making virus much more deadly.

Which id the chicken and which is the egg here? Places with fewer cases for whatever reason did not need harsh restrictions, this with a lot of cases needed a lot of restrictions to get things under control.
What I am saying there are plenty of deaths regardless of lockdowns. The virus just works it's way through the population and the weakest suffer. Some places have more susceptible people, some less. It only takes one example to disprove a hypothesis and you then have to adapt it accordingly. Can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.
Have to say I am no longer frightened of this thing and have gone back to taking more heed of the real modern day diseases like Cancer, diabetes and heart disease.

armaghniac

Kilkeel is so keen on their Imperial identity that they have adopted the Indian variant of Covid. They should seal off the whole town.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on June 05, 2021, 09:29:36 PM
Kilkeel is so keen on their Imperial identity that they have adopted the Indian variant of Covid. They should seal off the whole town.

Are the Simpsons still using that big glass dome?  ;D

Tony Baloney

Followed by a napalm strike.

Olly

My uncle died tonight in a loose connection to the Covid.

He was a quiet man who liked reading the Irish News and eating toasted soda bread. At the start of the pandemic, he took to fishing and a year later he had bought his own boat and was fishing furiously. His boat burnt to the ground yesterday as he had toast on but was drunk. He died swimming to shore as he was cut down by a speedboat.

RIP Alphonsis.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2021, 09:58:17 PM
Followed by a napalm strike.

That might have a cleansing effect.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Olly on June 05, 2021, 10:44:32 PM
My uncle died tonight in a loose connection to the Covid.

He was a quiet man who liked reading the Irish News and eating toasted soda bread. At the start of the pandemic, he took to fishing and a year later he had bought his own boat and was fishing furiously. His boat burnt to the ground yesterday as he had toast on but was drunk. He died swimming to shore as he was cut down by a speedboat.

RIP Alphonsis.

I had toasted soda this morn. Im a bit concerned im not gona lie. RIP fonsie obvs

Milltown Row2

Kids complaining about not being able to drink on the Dublin streets? Was it ever legal?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2021, 11:37:52 AM
Kids complaining about not being able to drink on the Dublin streets? Was it ever legal?
Funny you should say that. Belfast crawling with free staters this weekend due to everything still closed down there.

Rudi

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on June 06, 2021, 02:11:52 PM
Funny you should say that. Belfast crawling with free staters this weekend due to everything still closed down there.

And for balance Donegals beaches full of wannabe free staters. f**kers cant drive for sh×te either. ;D

Rois

Couldn't believe the number of southern Reg cars in the car park behind the Europa. At least 2:1. Great to see!

Rossfan

Quote from: Rudi on June 06, 2021, 03:20:03 PM

And for balance Donegals beaches full of wannabe free staters. f**kers cant drive for sh×te either. ;D
Send them to Limerick ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update.

Three million Covid-19 vaccines have now been administered.

Cases 2845 (54 fewer than last week)
In hospital 70 (29 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 27 (8 fewer than last Sunday)

Rossfan

Great to see the Hospital numbers dropping so much.
Still I wouldn't want to be one of the 27. Hopefully they'll all pull through.
I wonder will many of the Dublin eejits/scumbags get infected.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on June 06, 2021, 06:45:33 PM
Great to see the Hospital numbers dropping so much.
Still I wouldn't want to be one of the 27. Hopefully they'll all pull through.
I wonder will many of the Dublin eejits/scumbags get infected.

It is great. Maybe if they actually opened the pubs up safely like in the North the scummy things wouldn't happen.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.