Government F**Ks GAA again

Started by rosnarun, April 22, 2021, 04:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Sport Ireland have announced that the government is to pump €5.8m into the FAI this year.
The funding is part of the rescue package agreed in the wake of the FAI's financial meltdown.
According to a statement from Sport Ireland it is earmarked for the FAi's development programmes but will require final approval from the Board of Sport Ireland before being paid.
In the round of funding announced today the GAA will receive €2,389,653 while the IRFU will get €2,250,843. These grants support coaching, games development and technical development programmes in the two organisations.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/sport-ireland-announce-government-funding-of-58m-allocated-to-fai-with-24m-to-gaaand-225-for-irfu-40343130.html

Bad and all as demoting the GAA from being an 'ELITE' Sport and Declaring Women rugby as one
they give IRFU as much Money as much Bigger GAA
and to add insult to injury the Knackers in the FAI get twice that amount mainly on the Basis that they fucked their own Finances  up so badly and gifted the bosses millions ,
Who then refused to recognize  any part  The Govermnent plays in their Survival and refused to answer the dails Questions .
This is an organization that has got 10's of millions from the Government over the year and tey do not have one useable ground to their credit . and yet have the cheek of trying to host Tournament on Rugby and FootbaLL pitches.

Rant Over (for now)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

dublin7

Soccer in this country has been under funded for years by successive governments as it's not a vote getter come elections. Its common knowledge the greyhound industry has received more funding annually than soccer. Given the numbers that participate in soccer in this country an increase in funding isn't unreasonable

Granted Delaney's leadership has left the FAI near bankruptcy, but that's a separate issue

J70

Finn Harps are getting 4 million to finally get their new stadium in Stranorlar built (its been lying, partly started, for years since the 2008 crash). Based on the quoted figures, I guess that's coming out of a different fund.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 22, 2021, 07:40:51 PM
Finn Harps are getting 4 million to finally get their new stadium in Stranorlar built (its been lying, partly started, for years since the 2008 crash). Based on the quoted figures, I guess that's coming out of a different fund.
the ballybofey ones will be pissed

From the Bunker

Time to circle the wagons and bring in the foreign code ban pre-1971. 50 years of letting those Soccer types off the hook, is too long. I for one will immediately stop taking my kids to local soccer club. I mean what do soccer clubs bring to a community anyway?

rosnarun

Quote from: dublin7 on April 22, 2021, 06:58:32 PM
Soccer in this country has been under funded for years by successive governments as it's not a vote getter come elections. Its common knowledge the greyhound industry has received more funding annually than soccer. Given the numbers that participate in soccer in this country an increase in funding isn't unreasonable

Granted Delaney's leadership has left the FAI near bankruptcy, but that's a separate issue
Its unreasonable because they will just piss the money away . like giving money to a drunk
I dont want any one banned from anything just for the GAA be allowed to play on a level pitch. Most senior clubs have better facilities tha LOI Clubs
My brother used to work for fingal council around the time of the FINGAL CC vanity soccer  Project and the day they went burst he was arranging the room for the press conference. when it was over there were 2 billboards with Sporting fingal on it and tha was the sum total of what they owned

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 22, 2021, 09:51:27 PM
the ballybofey ones will be pissed

:D

Apparently they're now holding on to Finn Park as well for their underage development as well as women's football.

Depending on the season, you might get the better football on the Ballybofey side of the river.

johnnycool

If it's Gov money then it should be a multi-functional facility able to facilitate the GAA...

rosnarun

Quote from: johnnycool on April 23, 2021, 02:48:03 PM

If it's Gov money then it should be a multi-functional facility able to facilitate the GAA...

yeah right the tallaght pitch and Lansdowne road were developed with the Same lie un till it came time to write checks .
any the twin towns must have the best sporting facilities of any town its size in the country

dublin7

Quote from: rosnarun on April 23, 2021, 10:35:24 AM

Its unreasonable because they will just piss the money away . like giving money to a drunk
I dont want any one banned from anything just for the GAA be allowed to play on a level pitch. Most senior clubs have better facilities tha LOI Clubs
My brother used to work for fingal council around the time of the FINGAL CC vanity soccer  Project and the day they went burst he was arranging the room for the press conference. when it was over there were 2 billboards with Sporting fingal on it and tha was the sum total of what they owned

John Delaney pissed money away at the top level, but these grants aren't for the senior football team. They'll be used by local clubs and LOI around the country. In an ideal world funding could be used for grounds/stadiums that could be used by both sports, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Only the GAA is bigger and has more people involved than soccer so why should everyone lose out because of an individual who is no longer involved in the FAI.

armaghniac

Quote from: dublin7 on April 23, 2021, 06:14:10 PM
Only the GAA is bigger and has more people involved than soccer so why should everyone lose out because of an individual who is no longer involved in the FAI.

So why is soccer getting twice as much then?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dublin7

Quote from: armaghniac on April 23, 2021, 06:39:18 PM

So why is soccer getting twice as much then?

So one year they get more funding and it's a disgrace? I'd be more annoyed that the greyhound industry continues to get significant funding.

Baile Brigín 2

John Delaney pissed money away at the top level, but these grants aren't for the senior football team. They'll be used by local clubs and LOI around the country. In an ideal world funding could be used for grounds/stadiums that could be used by both sports, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

The GAA don't have more people involved though...

Baile Brigín 2

Most GAA clubs have better facilities than LoI clubs?

Are you sure about that?

Silver hill

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on May 08, 2021, 07:44:59 PM

The GAA don't have more people involved though...

I would challenge that. The Gaa as a sporting organisation is easily the biggest on the island of Ireland. Whatever way you want to measure it; either actual participants or people watching hurling or football.