extortion

Started by illdecide, March 22, 2024, 09:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 22, 2024, 03:28:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 22, 2024, 02:14:56 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 22, 2024, 01:13:58 PMJust answer the question ffs. You're deflecting. Does a swimming instructor deserve more than £20ph? It's an honest question.

I have no idea what they deserve but if you go private - and I researched it - you could pay a lot more than that. My point still stands

That's a fair point about private ones.  I've heard what some people pay for a PT to do a class session (not even 1 on 1) and it's absolutely nuts.

Aye. I hear ye. PTs really stick the arm in

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: balladmaker on March 22, 2024, 11:44:13 AMNI rates and how they are calculated is my go to complaint every time ... just because value of the house is higher does not indicate an increased use of council services, nor does it reflect on the occupants ability to pay the inflated rates charge as a result.

100%
And anyone chiming in saying it's to cover the increase in wages of the public workforce is delusional. Even for the civil service sector it's a dysfunctional mess. My rates are higher than my fuel bill.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 22, 2024, 11:39:05 AMMy car insurance coming in at more or less the exact same as last year (Admiral). Who are people with that are doubling or trebling it?

My insurance nearly doubled last August with no claims. So I went hunting and got a deal from AXA and have now changed from them to a more expensive company since AXA invest in Isreal banks that lends to new settlements. Car insurance has gone up and my house insurance went up 30% this year to.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 22, 2024, 07:24:48 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 22, 2024, 11:39:05 AMMy car insurance coming in at more or less the exact same as last year (Admiral). Who are people with that are doubling or trebling it?

My insurance nearly doubled last August with no claims. So I went hunting and got a deal from AXA and have now changed from them to a more expensive company since AXA invest in Isreal banks that lends to new settlements. Car insurance has gone up and my house insurance went up 30% this year to.

Is there a list of companies that invest in Israeli banks?

Get them up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2024, 07:35:10 PM

https://bdsmovement.net/axa-divest

Is there a list of companies that invest in Israeli banks?

Get them up

https://bdsmovement.net/axa-divest

Armagh18

Fair play.

nrico2006

MOTs up in price significantly, so paying more for a service that has never been poorer.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

markl121

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 22, 2024, 11:05:14 PMMOTs up in price significantly, so paying more for a service that has never been poorer.
tell me about it. Leaving car in tomorrow for a service where I have got the oil and filters myself. Still likely 100 plus

Tony Baloney

Quote from: markl121 on March 22, 2024, 11:12:21 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 22, 2024, 11:05:14 PMMOTs up in price significantly, so paying more for a service that has never been poorer.
tell me about it. Leaving car in tomorrow for a service where I have got the oil and filters myself. Still likely 100 plus
FFS I lifted the young fellas Fiesta from the mechanic last week after a standard service. 120 quid! These are homers and I'm sure he's not VAT registered. I'd say he was 40 quid about 5 years ago.

illdecide

Casement Park goes from £77.5m 12 years ago to £300m now (apparently). How can that be...Materials and salaries have not went up x4. It's just people and Companies jumping on the bandwagon and knowing they can get away with it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Someone mentioned the price of cars...WTF. How can a car that was sold for £20k then be sold on again for £25k a year later. The Car market are at it too.
Them poxy Electric cars...who could buy one of them outright?. All leased but I suppose if they break down you couldn't afford to fix them anyway so better leased but £50k for standard car...The World is f**ked guys

LC

Quote from: illdecide on March 23, 2024, 10:20:58 AMCasement Park goes from £77.5m 12 years ago to £300m now (apparently). How can that be...Materials and salaries have not went up x4. It's just people and Companies jumping on the bandwagon and knowing they can get away with it.

Yes happens all the time and they get away with it because it is public sector, such over runs would not happen in a private sector contract as the Client would not tolerate it.  I see £150m was allocated to Strule the other day, wait to you see where that job ends up at.

illdecide

Fair enough with Strule, there has been some money in schools pumped in over the last few years. I remember working on the design of Omagh IPS about 7-8 years ago...What was the figure given to an Ice Bowl in Dundonald?.

thebigfella

Quote from: LC on March 23, 2024, 10:36:37 AM
Quote from: illdecide on March 23, 2024, 10:20:58 AMCasement Park goes from £77.5m 12 years ago to £300m now (apparently). How can that be...Materials and salaries have not went up x4. It's just people and Companies jumping on the bandwagon and knowing they can get away with it.

Yes happens all the time and they get away with it because it is public sector, such over runs would not happen in a private sector contract as the Client would not tolerate it.  I see £150m was allocated to Strule the other day, wait to you see where that job ends up at.

Happens all the time in the private sector, you just are not aware. I know of 4 huge IT programmes running in the financial sector that are 100's millions over initial estimates. 3 of which were estimated less than 50 million.

imtommygunn

Yes there's plenty of madness in the private sector too tbh. Every time you think you can't see worse you do... cronyism etc rampant in private or public.