Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Does the GAA have the most pathetic appeals/rules committee in all of sports? Has anyone ever not successfully appealed a ban?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Godsown on February 10, 2021, 11:57:34 AM
Tally's ban reduced to 8 weeks after appeal
m

Basically too when the inter county season will be starting then? 

Godsown

That's about right but as stated above the appeals process in GAA is so convoluted and not fit for purpose.

yewtree

Was looking through Daily Mirror sport and two big pieces of news in Paddy Tally is suspended for 8 weeks and no Gaelic until May now apparently including County.

Johnnysboys

Looks like no collective training until after Easter which I agree with on the premise this gets rid of this feckin thing.. get as many vaccinated as possible so that it can't have the same lockdown impact again in the near future.. I would think it could be club before county again this year then but they could maybe pencil in provincial and all Ireland competitions at some stage.. I actually think I will be at the pitch every night when it does open up again - I am sick of these 4 walls..

SamFever

Not great news for anyone especially those Managers and Coaches on a £/per session Fee. 8) 8) 8)

yewtree

Yes ,I feel for those men who have bills to pay and all are victims of Covid.
From what I hear they are still getting money for organising training plans and doing zoom calls.
Let's hope our clubs don't forget these coaches as this extra income is vital, lost mileage and expenses is a serious issue here .Clubs at least should be providing these coaches with at least 60 /70 % of agreed income .There are lots of ways clubs can raise this by Lotto , Last Man Standing and the big County Draw tickets.
If they don't it will say a lot about GAA committees. It is a duty of care to these coaches with the professionalism they bring to lots of clubs and communities.

supersub

Quote from: Johnnysboys on January 28, 2021, 02:02:14 PM

Important yes, imperative no.

The fact Kilcoo were happy to void the game v Rostrevor at the end of the season when they technically had a chance of getting to the final/winning says it all. The leagues were glorified challenge matches, don't let anyone think anything else. A winner would be for league sponsor reasons more so than for any other reason. It really isn't important at this stage. It would have been if teams' league status depended on the outcome. However it doesn't.

Kilcoo couldn't get to the final - Clonduff were unbeaten in their section including their game v Kilcoo. So they were automatically there..

Big decisions tonight for the county board to elect new minor management. A lot of strong candidates included and some strong tickets.  Interview process is difficult at the minute but everyone gets the same process I suppose..
[/quote]

Going back a few pages here haven't been on in a while.

On the date Rostrevor were to play Kilcoo at the start of October, Kilcoo could still have qualified for the league final as Clonduff hadn't played their game v Warrenpoint. It was to be on the same day. Despite this, Kilcoo were happy to forgo the game which was my original point.

Lloyd p

Just on that note.. Has the new down minor management team been confirmed? Little or no talk of it since the interviews a few weeks back.

wobbller

Quote from: Lloyd p on February 11, 2021, 01:54:53 PM
Just on that note.. Has the new down minor management team been confirmed? Little or no talk of it since the interviews a few weeks back.
Hearing that there may have been more interviews on Monday and Tuesday night which would be downright bad manners if these new candidates were
being interviewed after the process was started and nearly finished or as an earlier poster said they are trying to mix and match from the
original apllicants.Shabby work as usual from our County leaders along with everything else that has gone on this past while.

bannside

Is there not a chance that your county leaders are trying to get together the best calibre team possible? If that means picking bits from different proposals is that such a crime, really? Especially if it's done in the genuine best interests of the county!

wobbller

Quote from: bannside on February 11, 2021, 07:16:21 PM
Is there not a chance that your county leaders are trying to get together the best calibre team possible? If that means picking bits from different proposals is that such a crime, really? Especially if it's done in the genuine best interests of the county!
If we could just discuss Down GAA business amongst Down Gaels it'd be great.
BS,you have a habit of coming on here when there is any kind of criticism of our University educated County leadership.Are some of them your fellow Graduates?

Mourne Red

Quote from: wobbller on February 11, 2021, 07:54:16 PM
BS,you have a habit of coming on here when there is any kind of criticism of our University educated County leadership.Are some of them your fellow Graduates?

The frustration among us Down Gaels about the management is more, theyve picked and chose aspects from the different proposals for the last 2 or 3 appointments and has got us nowhere. We had a magnificent Burren team who's players on our minor team got beat by Fermanagh.

Instead of picking and choosing give the job to who put forward the best proposal and let them get on with it.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: wobbller on February 11, 2021, 07:54:16 PM

Jesus thats some pretty exclusionist bullshit right there 😂😂
Are non-Downers even allowed to read this? Sure let us know

wobbller

We need a quarantine area for these foreigners arriving on here this evening.