Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotto

Nothing ever surprises me about you wobbler. You are defending Down for breaking the rules the same way you tried to defend your own club Ballyholland who repeatedly broke the rules during lockdown last year. It was wrong then and it is even more wrong now.

thewobbler

I'm not defending them.

I just don't really understand the need for outpourings of ire myself. In the grand scale of things that can be done wrong in Covid times, running around outdoors is somewhere between staying at home at going to work.

Lotto

From Hoganstand

Down not expecting to face sanctions after Newry gathering
January 08, 2021

Down GAA say they have notified Croke Park of the development
Down GAA say they do not expect to face any sanctions after a number of their senior footballers gathered in Newry last Tuesday.

Elite status allows Down and other counties to train amid Northern Ireland's current lockdown, but the GAA has put a ban on all collective training until February 1 at the earliest.

BBC Sport NI reports that the PSNI looked into the gathering at Abbey Christian Brothers' Grammar School and were "fully satisfied there was no issue".

Down county board chairman Jack Devaney also confirmed that they have notified Croke Park of the development.

"Some of our squad members did gather for approximately 40 minutes at Abbey CBS college on Tuesday evening to discuss individual training programmes," said Devaney.

"Down GAA has notified Croke Park of the development. We were clear that we were not doing any collective training and indeed haven't trained as a group since mid-November.

"We anticipate that no sanctions will arise from this. Approximately 18 attended, and in line with protocols were split into two groups; many were new to the squad and received induction packages and individual programmes until inter-county training resumes."

There is nothing more I hate in life than a liar. Devaney trying to defend what he says the Down players were doing in the Abbey on Tuesday night. Does he think we are stupid when everybody knows it was a training session yet according to him all the GAA rules were being adhered to and it was just to give individual training programmes. There are ways and means of distributing these programmes, the players don't have to be fully kitted out on a pitch to do this. Devaney should take his lies and f**k away back of to Clare or wherever he is from, he can't defend this. Hold your hands up and take it on the chin, they were wrong and broke the rules. Just don't try to tell lies when the truth is very well known.

Dubh driocht

Catch yourself on lotto- pathetic virtue signalling supplemented with personal abuse without knowing facts

Lotto

bridgegael

Thoughts on Rostrevor training in kilbroney over Christmas?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mourne Red

Quote from: bridgegael on January 08, 2021, 07:45:27 PM

They need it

SamFever

Can the posters who used the term "virtue signalling" please explain what it means?

supersub

Thoughts on you getting your facts right?

Don't ever come on this board and try to demean another club, absolutely disgraceful. You will find that there were no breach of any guidance or restrictions where our club is concerned. 'Over Christmas' is incorrect. Please take this post down it's the lowest. Revised GAA guidelines came in 27th Dec. Previous ones were in place from 11th Dec.

On the County issue, why are so many so quick to get on a high horse. Are you really that offended by the actions? I find it hard to believe so

Brick Tamlin

If over Christmas is incorrect what is actually factually correct. Clear up any confusion and nip the chat in the bud sure.

Whilst the faux outrage and pitch fork mob is a bit over the top it can't be denied that any breach of directive or public health guideline is just shitty form from those involved. We're a nation of bollixes that generally can't do what we're told and can't help ourselves when it comes to doing our own thing regardless of others.

Lotto

Quote from: supersub on January 08, 2021, 11:30:19 PM

Thoughts on you getting your facts right?

Don't ever come on this board and try to demean another club, absolutely disgraceful. You will find that there were no breach of any guidance or restrictions where our club is concerned. 'Over Christmas' is incorrect. Please take this post down it's the lowest. Revised GAA guidelines came in 27th Dec. Previous ones were in place from 11th Dec.

On the County issue, why are so many so quick to get on a high horse. Are you really that offended by the actions? I find it hard to believe so

I am disgusted that county officers rang a number of clubs to request their grounds for a Down Senior session which was totally against the GAA rules yet when they were found out holding the training session in the Abbey they then tried to pass it off as something else. Yes, I am seriously offended by the reckless flaunting of a GAA directive. Most of us are trying to do the right thing to beat this shit but the Down County Board/Senior Team think they can do what they want, seriously? Catch yourselves on. Stop the lying Devaney.

Smurfy123

Lads it's not the end of the world but considering Newry and Mourne are in the top 10 of most effected places in the uk I think someone should have said let's cop ourselves on here for a few weeks. Let's the cases drop and give it a few weeks. That's on public health alone
Now the breaking of GAA rules was clear and they were broke end off story.
The men at the top shoukd have cancelled all training.
Lead from the top
Club teams are looking up to you

SamFever

There appears to have been a certain attitude around the County Executive and various Managements over the past while that the Rules are for others.
  Think Shane Mulholland and the infamous drinking with the Minor Footballers to celebrate a defeat on the way back from Derry.
  Think wee James and the alleged floating of COVID rules for his Minors.
  Think Paddy Tally and his exploits this week.
Our top Table need to lead and be doing the right thing but if all is to be believed there has been lies told and maybe Dubh Driocht can put us correct by telling us the Facts as he defended our County Chairman in his last post and at the same time explain the term virtual signalling while he's at it.

Smurfy123

Sam the SM one was hardly a massive story. Young 17/18 year olds having a few drinks after a match? Am I missing something? That's life it happens Jesus. That's the real world and if you say otherwise you are kidding yourself
The other 2 are pubic health matters

supersub

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on January 08, 2021, 11:37:46 PM
If over Christmas is incorrect what is actually factually correct. Clear up any confusion and nip the chat in the bud sure.

Whilst the faux outrage and pitch fork mob is a bit over the top it can't be denied that any breach of directive or public health guideline is just shitty form from those involved. We're a nation of bollixes that generally can't do what we're told and can't help ourselves when it comes to doing our own thing regardless of others.

I think my comment and timeline is enough.

Agree it's bad form re County, but can't help thinking you could put any topic or subject in place of the Covid breach and the same people would still be outraged, that's all.