Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

The Dubs caught training yesterday morning - 9 of them on a pitch.

Good to see the spin on this one "sure everyone at it".

Taylor

Did the GAA take any action over the time Down were caught breaking the rules?

Louther

Quote from: Taylor on April 01, 2021, 07:55:06 AM

Paddy Tally got a suspension of 12 weeks that was from date of return.

He appealed and it was reduced to 8 weeks (?) from date of appeal.

Maybe lost a home game in game.

So nothing major.

Itchy

There should be serious sanctions against them for this but alas its the Dubs and not some nobody county. I expect the GAA will get a serious bashing in the media now for this.

sid waddell

Quote from: Taylor on April 01, 2021, 07:55:06 AM
Paddy Tally got a slap on the wrist, didn't he?

Complete piss take by Dublin here, this will blow up I think, one for Liveline, players going to their regular training ground and training away, smacks of unbelievable arrogance

Not humility

And the question will be who in the management and the DCB knew what

the goal was on

Several ulster counties have been training and seems to be a blind eye throw at it. County chairmen have to be aware of it in a few cases!!

Taylor

Dublin SHOULD get the same punishment as Down or perhaps even less given it wasnt the full panel and backroom staff.

That shouldnt be the biggest concern for GAA folk though.

The best team in Ireland, role models etc etc ignoring the rules - this is a major headline now and another stick to get bashed with.

Is that soccer head still on the board...........he will love this

Cavan19

Louther

No April fools joke.

I can't abide the "others are at it" excuse. It's small minded and exactly what is wrong with Intercounty and GAA these days. Everything seems to be justified by this reasoning.

I can imagine that there has been a lot of heated phone calls in the last 24 hours.

Smokin Joe

This story appears on April 1st and you suggest it's not an April's Fools joke!!

It is really well done.

dublin7

Quote from: Taylor on April 01, 2021, 08:33:23 AM
Dublin SHOULD get the same punishment as Down or perhaps even less given it wasnt the full panel and backroom staff.

That shouldnt be the biggest concern for GAA folk though.

The best team in Ireland, role models etc etc ignoring the rules - this is a major headline now and another stick to get bashed with.

Is that soccer head still on the board...........he will love this

It's the worst possible timing for the GAA with them only pleading yesterday for people to follow the rules. The players should get a ban for training similar to the down/cork lads. I don't see how you can punish dublin as it wasn't a team organised training.

(I'm hoping it's an april fools joke)

Louther

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 01, 2021, 09:23:09 AM
This story appears on April 1st and you suggest it's not an April's Fools joke!!

It is really well done.

You genuinely think Dublin GAA would let their name go to this and it front page news on one of the biggest papers, headline story all over radio and in current climate? 

April fools is when they run a sports story to say that Dublin have a new green and gold jersey like Meath or Dublin joining Ulster.

Taylor

No chance its an April Fools joke.

Public Health and people following rules is not a joke - this will encourage others to break the rules

heffo

Two leading counties from you know where held a challenge game last weekend. Everyone else is at it, why should Dublin not be?

Another Leinster county renowned for skirting collective training bans in the past using spurious charity vehicles were also collectively training.

Yawn, move on.

Louther

Quote from: heffo on April 01, 2021, 09:35:18 AM
Two leading counties from you know where held a challenge game last weekend. Everyone else is at it, why should Dublin not be?

Another Leinster county renowned for skirting collective training bans in the past using spurious charity vehicles were also collectively training.

Yawn, move on.

Name them then?

Or just throw out names to build a defence?