Kildare v Mayo NFL 2nd Feb 2014

Started by Dinny Breen, January 28, 2014, 04:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: maigheo on February 02, 2014, 02:49:16 PM
Mayo in a bit of bother here.ildare 1.11 Mayo 0.10 HT

agreed without our starting midfield. we had three clear goal chances, result three points.

heffo

That Kildare keeper (assuming they're not going back in for Shane Supple) should be told to stay in his own box and never solo the ball - did the same v Dublin last year

Good tight win for Kildare all the same

StephenC

Good game - fair play to both teams.

Tubberman

Very entertaining, open game - too open if the stakes were high. Looked like we were going to get the draw, but I wouldn't be too bothered about losing. Some of the new lads showed up very well, plenty to be positive about.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Ohtoohtobe

From the Bunker

Disappointing to lose. But not the end of the world. A good performance by our lads with different things going against them. New lads showed up well. Blooding and finding players marginally more important than the result at this time of the year.

Dinny Breen

Nice to win a tight-one especially as it looked like we threw it away with the collective brain fart at the end but finished with a very very young team. Paddy Brophy not bad for a robot, not even 20 yet. He was burnt out come the summer last year but I firmly believe if he doesn't go to the AFL he'll be something special in the next few years.

Normally a new coach sorts out the defence and then the attack, hope Mr Ryan has a plan.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Met the Mayo ladeens in Ballagh on the way home from Newbridge. Jamesy got off the bus to say goodbye to the lads getting off in Roscommon. A gent. Didn't have the heart to congratulate Andy on our win today.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2014, 08:05:50 PM
Met the Mayo ladeens in Ballagh on the way home from Newbridge. Jamesy got off the bus to say goodbye to the lads getting off in Roscommon. A gent. Didn't have the heart to congratulate Andy on our win today.

Is the Connacht semi final not the time for Mayo or Roscommon to Congratulate each other?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 02, 2014, 08:14:19 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2014, 08:05:50 PM

Is the Connacht semi final not the time for Mayo or Roscommon to Congratulate each other?

What division is Sheepcommon in again?

The Ross is famous for the 3 b's, bad roads, b.o. and bandying around Derry hotels in womens knickers.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Chimley

An entertaining game but not much sign of any lessons learned from the past few years. A high ball in is still the way to crack open the Mayo full back line. Remedial actions were absent for any of the match-ups that were going against us.
Adam Gallagher had a good first game and with Kevin Mc it looks like the confidence is coming back too. Carolan put in a power of work.

Farrandeelin

Yes indeed Chimley, the old high ball on top of our full back line will be our Achilles heel once again. Poor Kevin Keane must be having nightmares about them at this stage! It was a highly entertaining game for a neutral I suppose, but I'm not a neutral and even I was hoping none of the two teams would lose.

Hopefully Parsons will recover in sufficient time so we can have another look at him next week, but I thought Jason Gibbons had a mighty game today. O'Shea seemed to deserve his black card from where I was standing. I was up at the back so it probably wasn't the best place to see the challenge. Carolan got on a lot of ball, but I thought he could have passed it off sooner on more than one occasion. As regards McHale, I was happy enough with him. He didn't give many stupid balls away, but his man scored 1-1 I think. Pity. I thought all our defence stood off their men.

Moran played intelligently, but I'm sure James will have him inside come Summer and all works out on the injuries front. Higgins seemed to be a biteen unfit. McLoughlin played well today, hopefully finding his 2012 form again.

But today will go down extra well in Kildare because they won a highly thrilling game. Paddy Brophy, what a talent, to have. As for Mayo, onwards, and hopefully upwards in Omagh next Sunday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dinny Breen

Paddy Brophy, his mum is a Mayo woman from Newport.
#newbridgeornowhere

moysider

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 02, 2014, 09:50:21 PM
Yes indeed Chimley, the old high ball on top of our full back line will be our Achilles heel once again. Poor Kevin Keane must be having nightmares about them at this stage! It was a highly entertaining game for a neutral I suppose, but I'm not a neutral and even I was hoping none of the two teams would lose.

Hopefully Parsons will recover in sufficient time so we can have another look at him next week, but I thought Jason Gibbons had a mighty game today. O'Shea seemed to deserve his black card from where I was standing. I was up at the back so it probably wasn't the best place to see the challenge. Carolan got on a lot of ball, but I thought he could have passed it off sooner on more than one occasion. As regards McHale, I was happy enough with him. He didn't give many stupid balls away, but his man scored 1-1 I think. Pity. I thought all our defence stood off their men.

Moran played intelligently, but I'm sure James will have him inside come Summer and all works out on the injuries front. Higgins seemed to be a biteen unfit. McLoughlin played well today, hopefully finding his 2012 form again.

But today will go down extra well in Kildare because they won a highly thrilling game. Paddy Brophy, what a talent, to have. As for Mayo, onwards, and hopefully upwards in Omagh next Sunday.

He did but at the same time held on a couple of times and got turned over. Including for the winning point where we were in a position to win the game ourselves. Not sure he is best used inside no more than I m not convinced Boyle is best used at 4.