Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

The absolute state of these comments... embarrassing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rodger Mona

True. i wouldnt fancy reffing that to be fair. two clubs notorious for bad discipline / dark arts

Kickham csc

Quote from: Jack O on October 19, 2021, 06:59:28 PM
Creggan mingie bugger,£1.20 for the Irish news,just go and buy it,worse than a Cavan man

;D don't like giving my details out to the establishment  ;D

Belfast GAA man

So it sounds like PG1 and LD are getting favourable treatment, Cargin did last year with McCann's red - is it just these 3?
Or is it just poor aghagallon who are getting rough end of stick? or are Aghagallon boys on this board just all ireland moaning champs  :D

rogercasement

For what it's worth my acca in toals would be
Cargin
Creggan
Lamh Derg
Aghagallon

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 19, 2021, 11:08:45 PM
The absolute state of these comments... embarrassing

Terrible. It's like a time warp, between ref bashing, managers getting paid and red cards that shouldn't of been, it's cringeworthy.

Jack O

Hearing Dunloy fancying doing a double,backing themselves £ big time,as I said,ours to lose TNN

Jack O

Quote from: referee on October 20, 2021, 11:10:09 PM
If Cuchullains have their hurlers fit to play,they'll be too strong for All Saints and will fancy their chances off winning IFC, curious to know how you know they've bet on themselves to do so,Jackie the bookie
now that would be telling whistler guy  :P,let's say a big DOM told me

Sportacus

I may have missed this - has Antrim declared how it will vote at Congress on Championship structure?

EOC1923

Quote from: Sportacus on October 21, 2021, 08:30:33 AM
I may have missed this - has Antrim declared how it will vote at Congress on Championship structure?
They willl vote how Stephen McGeehan tells them. I.e keep the status quo

BealnaBlath

Comments are nothing short of a disgrace. Accusin so many different groups of bullying, coercion and almost coruption.

Am I slightly surprised to see the young lad get a knock game? Yes. He has the most experienced most umpire team around him tho.

To say he was bullied in a game he was linesman in is poor form on both the guy and the people who are over LD.

I went to check when he refereed two of their groups games. Lost to St.Endas and struggled to get over Aldergrove, the Crumlin men got two penalties in that game also? Sound like a man who can be easily bullied by a club?

Blaming PG as club on nonsense with how they got players off or certain refs havent got senior championship since .

Same old agendas at play. Embarrassing.

Good weekend ahead of football.

Cargin comfortable
Aghagallon in  tight game
PG in tight game
Creggan tight game

Tyrdub

Quote from: rogercasement on October 19, 2021, 10:22:48 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on October 19, 2021, 04:02:50 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on October 19, 2021, 03:55:05 PM

What I'm saying is I am not surprised that after such an appalling performance he hasn't got another senior game. TBF I was talking to Ahoghill men about this and they agreed it was the worst performance they have seen in years.
Speaking of referees, no coincidence that the man who caused mayhem in the first pg1 and ahoghill game hasn't refereed in senior championship since!

whats funny about it?

well in the few weeks since this game there hasn't been too many games to referee, but he has been on the line in 2 finals since, therefore the guy is doing a great job, which I totally agree with. He cant referee all the games but has still been involved in finals, which means he is one of the top referees around, kudos.

As for anyone else's opinion of him or his performance on any given day, I cant comment as I wasn't at the game. But always remember, there were probably quite a few players who probably had worse games than the referee. And most people at the game would be biased towards their own team and not really subjective.

Christmas Lights

Dunloy win no Intermediate Championship, they are a hurling club, not a football club, might get to a final but thats it.

Calm Down

I actually went through and checked his games since the PG1 game and it may surprise RC to learn that he was out the next round in the Enda's v Aldergrove game, plus he did the minor A a week or two ago, but hey RC don't let the truth get in the way

In respect of Conall I wish him the best for Sunday I just thought the Brides game would have been a better settler for him in his first knock out game with Sean L having the experience to handle PG1 and LD

Quote from: Tyrdub on October 21, 2021, 09:15:07 AM
Quote from: rogercasement on October 19, 2021, 10:22:48 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on October 19, 2021, 04:02:50 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on October 19, 2021, 03:55:05 PM

What I'm saying is I am not surprised that after such an appalling performance he hasn't got another senior game. TBF I was talking to Ahoghill men about this and they agreed it was the worst performance they have seen in years.
Speaking of referees, no coincidence that the man who caused mayhem in the first pg1 and ahoghill game hasn't refereed in senior championship since!

whats funny about it?

well in the few weeks since this game there hasn't been too many games to referee, but he has been on the line in 2 finals since, therefore the guy is doing a great job, which I totally agree with. He cant referee all the games but has still been involved in finals, which means he is one of the top referees around, kudos.

As for anyone else's opinion of him or his performance on any given day, I cant comment as I wasn't at the game. But always remember, there were probably quite a few players who probably had worse games than the referee. And most people at the game would be biased towards their own team and not really subjective.

bannside

If we have no refs we have no games, we all know that, and to be fair very few of us are brave enough to take it on, so credit where it's due, so we should be minimal and guarded in our assessment.

On the other side of the same coin you have a group of 30 - 40 people who are putting in a lot of time and effort who deserve at the very least good quality and consistent refereeing.

Really looking forward to seeing all four games, now the gloves are off this is one of the best weekends of the year.