Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

breakingball

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on September 29, 2021, 05:20:43 PM
Likely free out given for raising the butt of the hurl in to the defenders throat going by the footage I have saw.

Free out was given for throwing the ball into the net.

The referee signalled this at the time after being informed by the umpires.

Milltown Row2

With the games all being sorted for the weekend, I can have a discussion on the way these games should go..

Having viewed both teams for the Intermediate final Carey seem to have the bit between their teeth, how that will translate on the day remains to be seen, They have been unlucky these last few years and sometimes you need to lose one to win one. Plenty of speed in the forwards with an eye for goal.

As for Creggan they managed to just get over the line against Ahoghill last day out, after extra time, wasn't a game for the purest but winning ugly can have its advantages when you are in the trenches, always felt Creggan need a rocket up their ass to get going as there is some talent within the squad.

The bench may play a part in this game and Carey had some decent lads to bring on in the games I've seen.

As for the senior game, there was nothing in it last year when both teams played and I'd expect this game to be similar, Rossa have been very good at changing their formation during games, and it brings results, Rossa have been rotating players also in the football and kept things a bit more fresher than last year, so coming into this game in better condition. The Rossa team have youth experience and county lads to draw on as does Dunloy.

Dunloy found St Johns hard to break down last day, but once they found the goal and the breaks with the extra man they came away with the win, it wasn't the best day for hurling and as a neutral you always want to see teams in good weather great conditions and with 15 players on the pitch. Will be hard to assess Dunloy after that game, but they have winning experience on that team and some lads are back from injury (Smyth) who'll only add to their team.

I can't call this game to be honest, I hope it lives up to last years game, may the best team win and match officials at both games have a great day out

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron123

I can't call this game to be honest, I hope it lives up to last years game, may the best team win and match officials at both games have a great day out

I can

[/quote]

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2021, 03:58:38 PM
With the games all being sorted for the weekend, I can have a discussion on the way these games should go..

Having viewed both teams for the Intermediate final Carey seem to have the bit between their teeth, how that will translate on the day remains to be seen, They have been unlucky these last few years and sometimes you need to lose one to win one. Plenty of speed in the forwards with an eye for goal.

As for Creggan they managed to just get over the line against Ahoghill last day out, after extra time, wasn't a game for the purest but winning ugly can have its advantages when you are in the trenches, always felt Creggan need a rocket up their ass to get going as there is some talent within the squad.

The bench may play a part in this game and Carey had some decent lads to bring on in the games I've seen.

As for the senior game, there was nothing in it last year when both teams played and I'd expect this game to be similar, Rossa have been very good at changing their formation during games, and it brings results, Rossa have been rotating players also in the football and kept things a bit more fresher than last year, so coming into this game in better condition. The Rossa team have youth experience and county lads to draw on as does Dunloy.

Dunloy found St Johns hard to break down last day, but once they found the goal and the breaks with the extra man they came away with the win, it wasn't the best day for hurling and as a neutral you always want to see teams in good weather great conditions and with 15 players on the pitch. Will be hard to assess Dunloy after that game, but they have winning experience on that team and some lads are back from injury (Smyth) who'll only add to their team.

I think I'll go with Paddy Power's opinion. Careful you don't get a splinter in your arse.

Saffball

Prediction Time

Senior Final
Dunloy vs Rossa - Dunloy by 5

Intermediate Final
Carey vs Creggan - Carey by 2

NAG1

I've a feeling the venue is going to have a say in the Senior game.

Had it been in Ballycastle could see Dunloy running out easier winners, tighter pitch in Corrigan will make a battle of it which Rossa need. Intriguing one and difficult to call, won't be much in it either way.

rogercasement

Very poor standard in intermediate today I thought

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on October 09, 2021, 07:49:59 PM
Very poor standard in intermediate today I thought

Didn't see it but high enough scoring final, 4 goals plenty points, Carey won't matter a jot as they finally get over the line.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Good to see a club the size of Carey win some silverware. That was some goal by mccaughan.

rogercasement

Felt the striking was very poor, disappointing after a strong championship. Feel sorry for glenariffe who I'm told were the best side in this grade but we're shafted due to a number of factors.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on October 09, 2021, 11:36:02 PM
Felt the striking was very poor, disappointing after a strong championship. Feel sorry for glenariffe who I'm told were the best side in this grade but we're shafted due to a number of factors.

Eh? Shafted?  Jesus

rogercasement

I'm not going to pretend I know a whole pile about it
But apparently unbeaten and then gnm rolled over and let carey stuff them to qualify.

ned

Quote from: rogercasement on October 09, 2021, 11:46:01 PM
But apparently unbeaten and then gnm rolled over and let carey stuff them to qualify.

They were unbeaten but they weren't shafted. Too many draws. Could have finished 4th in the league round just as easily as 1st. Fine margins.
Carey finished ahead of them in the league. Carey also beat a good Cushendun team in the semis. Maybe it was a case of peaking at the right time?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on October 09, 2021, 11:46:01 PM

They drew two games I think, had they won one of those they'd have got through. You should never be reliant on others to get you through.

faughs

Quote from: rogercasement on October 09, 2021, 11:36:02 PM

If Glenariffe were best team they wouldn't have had 3 draws in the round robin. Went in Carey's favour that GNM had nothing to play for  but that situation was out of their control.

3 outstanding "team" performances got Carey over the line thankfully, so glad for the panel after so many disappointments