Hurling Management Sim

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 28, 2007, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

I know this was talked about before but can't find the thread,according to this website it is to be released today

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hurlingblog.com/2007/06/13/new-hurling-computer-game/

[ # ] New Hurling Computer Game 
June 13th, 2007

A new hurling managment computer game is about to be launched by a company called Tailteann Games. The game, called "Bainisteoir – Hurling©", is due for release on June 28th.

One of the most impressive aspects of it is that they have the real life player names - according to their website they have " the 32 Irish Inter-County, New York and London Senior Hurling panels, which comprise of over 1,000 real-life Hurling stars, including D.J Carey, Ken McGrath, Brian Lohan and Eugene Cloonan". This is one aspect that seriously let down the other GAA offering out there, Gaelic Football on the Playstation, it didn't have any real players.

The company is apparently based in Nenagh in Tipperary, it's great to see a local Irish software company producing a quality GAA product. Their website seems to be still under development but they have background on themselves and the product on their "About" page. http://tailteanngames.com/2.about.php

You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

I hope this is a good game, and fair play to them for trying. Hope it goes well for them.

Nice to see this as the featured player as well, and they Nenagh men and all :D Not sure about the socks though!

tayto

Anyone try it yet? Fair play for them making it hurling, you'd think football would have the bigger audience.

Galwaybhoy

Hope to buy this tomorrow.  A mate of mine got it today, dont know what he thinks of it yet though.  Should be interesting to have a go at it though.

The Real Laoislad

Bought it today haven't had chance to play but from reading the manual it looks very professional
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Galwaybhoy

Had a go at this this evening.  Seems quite good, I'm finding the training hard enough to handle though.  I done a good bit of stamina training early on but now I'm way behind in other areas and my overall for the Galway team has fallen from 100 to 75 and Ive only played three challange games.  I hammered Longford and Derry before losing to the Cats by four points despite leading by five at one point.  As my overall rating continues to fall this season may not be a good first season for me, as I struggle to figure out this training.

Hows everyone else finding the game?

The Real Laoislad

I can't get it to install on my laptop,Have you XP or Vista Galwayboy? Keep getting a error message when i load it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Galwaybhoy

I have XP and it installed ok for me.  Do you have XP, and what does the error message say?

corn02

Hoping to pick this up tommorow, I am a Football man but like the old management games, worth the buy? What would you rate it?

Galwaybhoy

Ya so far I'd say its worth the buy.  I love the way the matches are done, commentry style just like Football/Champ Manager.  I'm struggling at the training part of the game, but I'm hoping to get the hang of that.  I cant rate the game properly though until I get a better chance to play the game though.

CompulsoryTillager

Any chance of some screenshots?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on July 01, 2007, 12:07:08 PM
I have XP and it installed ok for me.  Do you have XP, and what does the error message say?

I have Vista
error says

F:\Install
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
You'll Never Walk Alone.

flairgun

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 01, 2007, 08:07:16 PM

F:\Install
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

I've heard lots of bad things about Vista, but typically that error just refers to corrupt data.
Check whether the disc is scratched, it shouldn't be as it's new, but try giving it a polish.
Try the disc in another drive and see if the same thing happens. If it does, then take it back to the store and ask for a new disc.

flairgun

No sign of availability of bainisteoir for download yet. Us abroad will have to wait a while.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: flairgun on July 02, 2007, 04:54:43 PM
If it does, then take it back to the store and ask for a new disc.
Shop, you mean!  ;D